Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:52:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?
Yes

No

Sometimes

Much worse if you support Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Is it hard to be a Republican on Atlas?  (Read 8166 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« on: July 14, 2017, 06:51:51 AM »

Yes. I try not to even fight back against people calling the party and racist and sexist one because I know that once I do a majority of people here will use their own twisted "facts" in an extremely misconstrued way.

And yes it's much worse if you support Trump.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 06:42:03 PM »

Just a side note: I got kicked from AH.com for a week for saying that Trump wasn't racist and sexist.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 11:58:58 PM »

Just a side note: I got kicked from AH.com for a week for saying that Trump wasn't racist and sexist.

I just went over there and checked your mention in the Hall of Infamy. Unless there's extra context I missed, your post was nowhere near ban-worthy. I think highly of the AH forums, but I think they got this one wrong.
Thank you for this. I was very pissed to find out that I was kicked.

I was also called a supporter of racism and sexism for not denying that Trump is.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 07:51:43 PM »

Today, I don't think I've ever felt more responsible for the actions of people I hate.  Somehow, all Republicans and I are responsible for the actions in Charlottesville today of a few nut jobs who believe that their race is superior, despite us all condemning such atrocities.  We are somehow responsible for all the racial injustice in America now.

Every day, it's another scandal being discussed here about Trump.  But if a Hillary scandal comes up?  "No.  This is just an attempt to divert from Trump.  Republicans are holding on to the past."  (I am not saying to ignore Trump scandals. We should take EVERY scandal seriously, regardless of the person's party, until proven otherwise) And don't even try suggesting a Democratic politician is involved in a scandal because you get mobbed and attacked for God knows what.  In addition to that, many Republicans that are attempting to answer insulting questions about themselves and their "fascism, anti-immigrant positions," etc. just sit there and take it.  The Republicans on this site are more disunited than Republicans in Congress.  And that's hardly possible. 

I hate being known as part of the "dog-whistle, anti-immigrant, white supremacist, rich guy, anti-woman" party.  None of that is even remotely true.  But here? Don't even bother defending it.

I've met Democrats here on this site who don't resort to such disgusting name-calling, and to those of you, I thank you greatly.

I'm sick and tired of this s*** of being labeled someone I'm not even close to by a good portion of Atlas.

Part of me wants to have a Clinton presidency now just to know what it's like to be on the other side.  But I know there wouldn't be much improvement, if any.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 07:59:51 PM »

I was banned for making pro-Confederacy, obviously mockery thereof, jokes.
They are shockingly strict over there.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 08:07:00 PM »

^There are always going to be people who overgeneralize, and won't be satisfied with individuals who denounce violence coming from those on their side of the political aisle. And consistency is not easy for most people; some don't even bother trying to be consistent. I don't doubt that what you say is true, and that there are liberals who lump you together with the protestors today. I can tell you that I've also been lumped in with some less than ideal people, as a Sanders supporter. It's true that many on the left care much more about Trump's scandals than Clinton's or any Democrat's. It's also true that many on the right are content ignoring Trump's scandals and statements, after getting furious at Obama for making statements that were harmless in comparison.

You seem like a decent poster, and you don't deserve to be judged by what the worst on the right do. Judging  people on an individual basis, and holding members of both parties to the same standard seems impossible for many.

Thanks.  I guess I just need to let some things go.  Sometimes I take things a little too hard.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies