How could any decent person vote trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 10:17:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How could any decent person vote trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: How could any decent person vote trump?  (Read 3783 times)
ursulahx
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2016, 08:31:32 AM »

And what would be your excuse for supporting a bloodthirsty neo-con warmonger and corporate shill like Hillary Clinton?

You're a Kipper, aren't you? I'm just joining the dots here.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2016, 08:31:37 AM »

i think the "guilt by association"-charge isn't really helpful if dozens of millions of people vote for someone and maybe only a few million at most are in fact racist.

the bigger problem in my eyes is not how the KKK is voting but how mister trump and his campaign are willingly courting those types .....even while i guess, this is not about approval for fascist ideas in general and more like "not alienate even one blue-collar-voter".

Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2016, 08:36:09 AM »

There is no decency amongst Trump supporters.  You can't vote alongside Nazis and the KKK and genuinely claim you are a decent American.

Didn't you vote for a literal war criminal in 2004?

George W. Bush, a vote which I regret now.  My first time voting in a presidential election.  I was 21.  And at the time, there was still the claim of WMDs in Iraq.  If I had been a little more educated, I wouldn't have supported him; but I was young.

None of which is relevant to this election right now.
EnglishPete

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2016, 08:37:26 AM »

And what would be your excuse for supporting a bloodthirsty neo-con warmonger and corporate shill like Hillary Clinton?

I was pleased to see Farage campaigning for Trump the other week.  The Clinton campaign and the Remain campaign are basically the same people on opposite sides of the pond and the political fight against them is the same fight.
EnglishPete

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2016, 08:41:14 AM »

There is no decency amongst Trump supporters.  You can't vote alongside Nazis and the KKK and genuinely claim you are a decent American.
You know that the Communist Party USA has endorsed a vote for Clinton. I suppose voting alongside people whose ideology keeps causing mass murder and man made famines is OK is it?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2016, 08:43:07 AM »

I was pleased to see Farage campaigning for Trump the other week.  The Clinton campaign and the Remain campaign are basically the same people on opposite sides of the pond and the political fight against them is the same fight.

Ah... I get it now. That explains the illogical ramblings and willful ignorance of Trump, as well as Farage et al. The signs of someone whose entire education in political discourse has been online.

Toodles sparky.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2016, 08:44:26 AM »

You know that the Communist Party USA has endorsed a vote for Clinton. I suppose voting alongside people whose ideology keeps causing mass murder and man made famines is OK is it?

And what of the ideology of the American Nazi Party and the KKK?
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 08:45:19 AM »

The only decent people that could vote for Trump are those who don't understand the danger a Trump presidency poses. In other words, those people are either politically ignorant (don't follow politics) or not very bright. The rest of Trump voters are simply not decent people.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2016, 08:46:27 AM »

I suppose voting alongside people whose ideology keeps causing mass murder and man made famines is OK is it?

Great description of capitalism.  Thankfully the inbred hicks that chose to destroy the UK and its prospects won't have as much luck exporting their terrible ideas to the USA.  Trump will be defeated, and he will be defeated badly.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2016, 08:46:55 AM »

People can support Trump for various reasons, and still be a good person. Just like one could support the BN, ing P and be a good person, with legitimate political concerns (on some regards).
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2016, 08:53:33 AM »

with the little difference that americans usually loathe it if foreigners meddle with their elections....and mister farages cause was a slam dunk in UK since decades while mister trump has a real challenge to master. Smiley
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2016, 09:01:30 AM »

lol no.
EnglishPete

« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2016, 09:04:09 AM »

Well for a start those ideologies didn't kill as many people as communism has.

Secondly the KKK no longer exists, hasn't for decades. There are a few small and powerless 'tribute group' type groups that claim the name but they are tiny, without influence and with no friends in high place. Ditto the 'American Nazi Party'.

The Communist Party USA by contrast, still exists and the ideology supported by the Communist Party,  has real influence in the world and real power. Its causing people to slowly starve in Venezuela right now.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2016, 09:17:47 AM »

I really don't believe that any decent person can vote for Trump.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2016, 09:19:05 AM »

nearly no one is voting for trump...more like either against hillary or for their own phantasy trump.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2016, 09:21:54 AM »

Secondly the KKK no longer exists, hasn't for decades. There are a few small and powerless 'tribute group' type groups that claim the name but they are tiny, without influence and with no friends in high place. Ditto the 'American Nazi Party'.

The Communist Party USA by contrast, still exists and the ideology supported by the Communist Party,  has real influence in the world and real power. Its causing people to slowly starve in Venezuela right now.

Because all was all merry in Venezuela before!!!!!!!!!! Roll Eyes MUH ING VENEZUELA.

Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
Roll Eyes
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2016, 09:34:32 AM »

I wonder how Trump would be polling if SCOTUS wasn't at stake?

When is the Supreme Court not at stake in a presidential election? I doubt that there's been any period in American history during which the actuarial odds of any member of the Supreme Court dying within the next four years were below 50%.
EnglishPete

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2016, 09:36:53 AM »

Do you know any decent people?
EnglishPete

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2016, 09:44:06 AM »

You know I don't really agree with you expressing your contempt for people with little formal education who live in rural areas and practice consanguineous marriage. However if you're going to do that I'm not sure why you're targeting the UK for your ire. have a look at this map.

As you can there are other parts of the world that have much higher rates. Looking at that map what words would you use to describe people in those areas? Especially those people in those countries who live in rural areas and perhaps have limited formal education. Is there perhaps some two word phrase you would use to express contempt for such people?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2016, 09:52:48 AM »

S/he could not. Every single non-senile supporter of Trump is a scoundrel. Alas, there are many of those.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2016, 10:07:44 AM »

No, of course not. The only people I know are cynical assholes. Wasn't that point obvious?
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2016, 10:22:20 AM »

I thought as much. The Kippers, with their 'burn-it-all-down' mentality are a perfect match for Trumpists.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2016, 10:22:49 AM »

^ hence the problem with such blanket statements. Obviously someone decent will vote for Trump, even one decent one if not more. He'll get many millions of votes.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2016, 10:24:24 AM »

I thought as much. The Kippers, with their 'burn-it-all-down' mentality are a perfect match for Trumpists.
There is also some truth to this as well.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2016, 10:59:09 AM »

Funnily enough, there is a major party in America comparable to Maduro's regime, with their joint financial illiteracy, obsession with resouce based economies and strong man theatrics. What's it called again? Oh yeah: The Republican Party.

And as for comparing communism with nazism, stfu. Communism is obviously impossible to force through, but unlike nazism it doesn't have genocide as its stated aim, you weirdo.

As for the question at hand, people vote for all sorts of reasons. The vast majority of people arenot political obsessives and often their vote is less "considered" than the sort of nutcases who read and post on this website or follow politics on the TV. That's certainly not an attack on them (my main political principle is that the only people who should be politically disenfranchised are those who attack "non-educated" voters and claim they should be disenfranchised), but a statement of truth. Most people on both sides vote for relatively vague reasons that don't "make sense" to your average activist,  but based on real, complicated feelings nonetheless. They should not be dismissed off hand.

I would separate this large voting base with Trump's smaller activist base: the people who campaign for him, enthusiastically attend his allies, proselytise on social media etc. These people are not decent. Deplorable, one might say.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies