2015 Major League Baseball Predictions and Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:33:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2015 Major League Baseball Predictions and Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2015 Major League Baseball Predictions and Discussion  (Read 1624 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: February 14, 2015, 08:46:30 PM »
« edited: February 14, 2015, 09:43:56 PM by SMilo »

AL East: Toronto Blue Jays
AL Central: Kansas City Royals
AL West: Oakland Athletics
AL Wild Card: Los Angeles Angels over Detroit Tigers

AL Pennant: Los Angeles Angels

NL East: Washington Nationals
NL Central: St. Louis Cardinals
NL West: Los Angeles Dodgers
NL Wild Card: Cincinnati Reds over San Diego Padres

NL Pennant: Washington Nationals

World Series: Angels over Nationals

Reds over literally any of those other 4 teams in that division is as bold as I'm getting. NL Central is brutal.

Disclaimer: Even though baseball is my favorite pro sport, I kind of gave up on following this offseason when the Yankees let David Robertson walk. I'll still watch quite a bit, but I'm significantly less excited than at any other point in my life.

Edited to replace Giants with Padres. Had intended to include SD
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 11:42:27 PM »

NL Wild Card: Cincinnati Reds over San Francisco Giants

This is absurd, seeing as that the Reds are very openly rebuilding.

Probably a little, and it's asking for a miracle, but the talent is still there even if aging. They'd need huge rebounds from Votto and Bruce and to an extent Phillips. Byrd is a major weakness by it'd be sick if he could repeat 2013. That came out of nowhere. And Hamilton is my favorite National League player. I really can't wait to see what he can do.

As far as pitching, I really like the top 4. Cueto is a great ace. Cingrani still has incredible potential. Leake entering what should be his prime. And their #5 went to a rival HS, so I'll step over biases there.

Injuries, both new and lagging, could definitely prevent this team from reaching its potential, but I like what they have. Votto is only 31 and in better shape than Ryan Howard. Phillips is still quite good defensively even if he does not much better than Utley. I see parallels to the Phillies, but I like to believe the role players are better and they will outlast a tough division without injuries. Perhaps wishful thinking.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies