2015 Major League Baseball Predictions and Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:52:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2015 Major League Baseball Predictions and Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2015 Major League Baseball Predictions and Discussion  (Read 1617 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: February 15, 2015, 02:07:10 AM »

The Division Series are best-of-five.

unfortunately Sad  I wish they moved to a 7-game DS instead of a second Wild Card

What purpose would a 7-game DS serve? I don't really approve of either change, but the second Wild Card at least does something.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 04:09:16 AM »

Do you know anything about baseball? Honest question - especially considering your third paragraph.

I wonder if NYE knows anything about anything. I just read over his whole post and he seems to think that the amount of money a team pays for a player directly correlates with how that player performs. He also seems to think that a healthy Mets team is better than a healthy Nationals team. I also liked the "In the AL Central, there's the Tigers and then there's everybody else" line followed immediately by the Royals winning 90 games and "not going down without a fight." While I can't say for sure, I can put a lot of stock in the idea that 95% of that post was rehashed googling of each team's offseason in summation.

The comedy of predicting the Detroit Tigers at 104 wins while other teams cap out at 94 is priceless. Not to mention he has them then winning the World Series. He must have bought a bunch of Tigers tickets by accident and is looking to unload them, because there is no other explanation for his extreme unbridled optimism for their season.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies