The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:22:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 205676 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: March 25, 2016, 03:17:39 PM »

That's one way to put it, but really it's just racism.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #1101 on: March 25, 2016, 03:33:43 PM »

Not necessarily. The South gave Hillary the lion's share of her huge lead, so it's not surprising some Sanders supporters resent Southerners for that. After all, Massachusetts certainly didn't give Hillary such a commanding lead, and Ohio was really just icing on the cake after she already became virtually unbeatable. So it doesn't necessarily mean they despise Southerners now because they are black, even if it was black people who largely put a stop to this 'revolution'.

Though, to be fair, some Sanders supporters probably do resent black people for blocking Sanders and that could dredge up some racism, but it seems far from a given.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1102 on: March 25, 2016, 05:28:12 PM »

No, just stupid hackishness.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1103 on: March 29, 2016, 10:33:08 AM »

I suggest we do so. He was a good poster as Colonel Roosevelt.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1104 on: March 29, 2016, 04:59:06 PM »

Some people just weren't beat enough as a kid.

What inspirational advice. We definitely need more of this:

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1105 on: March 29, 2016, 07:06:47 PM »

It's racism, but coming from someone who wouldn't be acting racist if the majority of black people were voting for the "right" candidate.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1106 on: March 29, 2016, 07:07:42 PM »

That was the only time that I was legitimately happy that someone was banned from Atlas.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1107 on: March 30, 2016, 07:47:34 AM »

Do I pick the person who supported Pol Pot, fascist dictatorships, mujaheddin, strike-breaking hard working workers, a person with horrible economic polices which destroyed unions and the working class, some who bought Reaganomics, increased taxes on the middle class (being a liar if I will say) as well as some-one who was completely negligent about Iran-Contra, or a person who bought peace, installed solar panels and had integrity in government. Hmm Hard Choice, Carter, who is the best president since Eisenhower.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1108 on: March 30, 2016, 09:10:12 AM »

I assume Mr O. Freak is  Deluging that as muxh of that could equally be applied to Carter?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1109 on: March 30, 2016, 02:30:05 PM »

I...think this fits here perfectly

I used to support very harsh punishments for women who have abortions a la beheading and other cruel punishment. But, I don't support those views now and support a large fine while abortion doctors should be tried for murder.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1110 on: March 30, 2016, 02:46:04 PM »

I used to support very harsh punishments for women who have abortions a la beheading and other cruel punishment. But, I don't support those views now and support a large fine while abortion doctors should be tried for murder.

what the
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1111 on: March 30, 2016, 04:58:18 PM »

what the
Nothing says pro-life like killing people, no?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1112 on: March 30, 2016, 05:11:35 PM »

Why are Republicans so happy? Shouldn't they be hoping Kasich wins here and not Cruz? Cruz is hardly more electable than Trump. On the Democratic side, I'll be surprised if Sanders does any worse than this, and he'll probably do better.
Why would I want what is basically a Democrat as the nominee of my party? I don't care who Kasich could beat. He might as well be Hillary Clinton on too many issues. Plus, you and I have the same chance of that bum getting the nomination on the first ballot.

Republicans thinking John Kasich is Hillary Clinton smh smh smh.

Yes, I know it's bad policy to put opinion here but jesus
Attorney General & Senator Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1113 on: March 30, 2016, 08:30:40 PM »

No. Feminism is based on lies and hypocrisy, and it has had disastrous effects on Western civilization.

https://exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/the-ten-most-common-feminist-myths/

http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/ten-lies.html

http://www.fixthefamily.com/sermons/feministlies

https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/2384.24.84.0/society/family/how-feminism-harms-families

Women are not ''oppressed'' in modern Western society. The ''gender pay gap'' is a myth, and you can find numerous articles online which show that to be the case. More women than men are employed. More women than men are graduating from college. The public school system gives girls preferential treatment. False rape allegations are common, and have ruined many men's lives. Women get shorter jail sentences than men for the same crimes.  The list goes on and on.

Feminism is pure evil. Feminism is part of a war on men, nature, and the family (the building block of our civilization). Feminism has resulted in the evil, barbaric slaughter of millions of innocent unborn children. Feminism has resulted in a huge increase in broken, unstable, and unhappy families. Feminism glorifies pursuing self-gratification at the expense of morality and personal responsibility. The list goes on and on.

A patriarchal society is a successful, prosperous society.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1114 on: March 31, 2016, 01:05:47 AM »

No. Feminism is based on lies and hypocrisy, and it has had disastrous effects on Western civilization.

https://exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/the-ten-most-common-feminist-myths/

http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/ten-lies.html

http://www.fixthefamily.com/sermons/feministlies

https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/2384.24.84.0/society/family/how-feminism-harms-families

Women are not ''oppressed'' in modern Western society. The ''gender pay gap'' is a myth, and you can find numerous articles online which show that to be the case. More women than men are employed. More women than men are graduating from college. The public school system gives girls preferential treatment. False rape allegations are common, and have ruined many men's lives. Women get shorter jail sentences than men for the same crimes.  The list goes on and on.

Feminism is pure evil. Feminism is part of a war on men, nature, and the family (the building block of our civilization). Feminism has resulted in the evil, barbaric slaughter of millions of innocent unborn children. Feminism has resulted in a huge increase in broken, unstable, and unhappy families. Feminism glorifies pursuing self-gratification at the expense of morality and personal responsibility. The list goes on and on.

A patriarchal society is a successful, prosperous society.

Lol. "Sexism doesn't exist! Feminism is unnecessary! It's all founded on lies! ... And this is why the patriarchy is great!"
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #1115 on: March 31, 2016, 02:26:50 AM »

The thing is, for him, "used to" is a very young age. So even though that's a terrible opinion to have, it's one he only had at a young age, and he's moved past it.

Everyone's acting like he's a terrible person because of an opinion he no longer has! Yes, beheading women who committed abortions is horrible and hypocritical on many levels--and he agrees that it's bad!

I just get annoyed to see well-meaning people be dogpiled on, that's all.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1116 on: March 31, 2016, 03:03:16 AM »

The thing is, for him, "used to" is a very young age. So even though that's a terrible opinion to have, it's one he only had at a young age, and he's moved past it.

Everyone's acting like he's a terrible person because of an opinion he no longer has! Yes, beheading women who committed abortions is horrible and hypocritical on many levels--and he agrees that it's bad!

I just get annoyed to see well-meaning people be dogpiled on, that's all.

This forum's priorities are hilariously out of whack sometimes. It's gotten to the point where being against gay marriage or posting pictures of hicks off Google Images is more controversial and worthy of a dogpile than wanting to behead women who received a medical procedure. Of course, I'm sure the fact that 99.9% of the forum is male has nothing to do with this.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1117 on: March 31, 2016, 03:37:07 AM »

Do I pick the person who supported Pol Pot, fascist dictatorships, mujaheddin, strike-breaking hard working workers, a person with horrible economic polices which destroyed unions and the working class, some who bought Reaganomics, increased taxes on the middle class (being a liar if I will say) as well as some-one who was completely negligent about Iran-Contra, or a person who bought peace, installed solar panels and had integrity in government. Hmm Hard Choice, Carter, who is the best president since Eisenhower.

What's absurd?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1118 on: March 31, 2016, 05:25:25 AM »

IN CC's defense he did say

I still believe that people that illegally preform an abortion should be executed or other hard punishment.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1119 on: March 31, 2016, 10:04:07 AM »

This forum's priorities are hilariously out of whack sometimes. It's gotten to the point where being against gay marriage or posting pictures of hicks off Google Images is more controversial and worthy of a dogpile than wanting to behead women who received a medical procedure. Of course, I'm sure the fact that 99.9% of the forum is male has nothing to do with this.

For one thing, CC did get quite a bit of a dogpile, both here and on AAD. For another thing, let's dispel with this fiction that this has anything to do with sexism. There is no 'gender gap' abortion-wise.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1120 on: March 31, 2016, 10:08:06 AM »

For one thing, CC did get quite a bit of a dogpile, both here and on AAD. For another thing, let's dispel with this fiction that this has anything to do with sexism. There is no 'gender gap' abortion-wise.

On paper there's not much of a gender gap but pro-life women tend to be less strident and rhetorically violent than pro-life men.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #1121 on: March 31, 2016, 02:26:31 PM »

Probably the worst case for Sanders, he would do much better, although a lot can change in 222 days.
270 Sanders
191 Kasich
77 tossup
If Kasich were to get the nomination (highly unlikely), Sanders would still have a week to convince super delegates that nominating Clinton wouldn't be worth the risk (although I doubt that he could do that since 2/3 of the supers are currently supporting Clinton. Still we can all dream). Clinton wouldn't do as well as Sanders, and might even lose, according to current polls. She trails Kasich in popular but not necessarily electoral votes, she might win the same states plus Nevada, although she might lose Ohio:

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1122 on: March 31, 2016, 03:19:11 PM »

Probably the worst case for Sanders, he would do much better, although a lot can change in 222 days.
270 Sanders
191 Kasich
77 tossup
If Kasich were to get the nomination (highly unlikely), Sanders would still have a week to convince super delegates that nominating Clinton wouldn't be worth the risk (although I doubt that he could do that since 2/3 of the supers are currently supporting Clinton. Still we can all dream). Clinton wouldn't do as well as Sanders, and might even lose, according to current polls. She trails Kasich in popular but not necessarily electoral votes, she might win the same states plus Nevada, although she might lose Ohio:

there's nothing absurd about that post. i would've thought a connoisseur of absurdity such as yourself would have realised that.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1123 on: March 31, 2016, 08:02:56 PM »

Any post that puts VA and IA as safe Sanders is patently absurd. He's not a Democrat.
Higgs

Political Matrix
E: 6.14, S: -4.17

« Reply #1124 on: March 31, 2016, 09:06:55 PM »

270 Sanders
191 Kasich
77 tossup

there's nothing absurd about that post. i would've thought a connoisseur of absurdity such as yourself would have realised that.

That post is very absurd. Bernie is not getting 270 EVs in his worst case scenario, anyone with a shred of common knowledge ought to know that.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies