What's the last movie you've seen? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:23:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's the last movie you've seen? (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: What's the last movie you've seen?  (Read 638414 times)
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2009, 04:49:53 AM »

Notes On A Scandal (2006)

A disturbingly wonderful film. Everything about it was superb. The direction, the score and in particular the casting, which saw wonderful performances from Cate Blanchett and especially Judi Dench as the psychotic Barbara Covett. If you haven't seen it already, I highly recommend that you do.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2009, 04:37:34 PM »

Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

Finally saw Kubrick's satirical masterpiece and was, like most who've seen it impressed. Peter Sellers and the quotes that were linked to each of his characters in my opinion made the film. His portrayal as Dr. Strangelove in the final moments of the film was most amusing. Highly recommended.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »

Moon (2009)

An excellent directorial debut from Zowie Bowie, or more commonly known today as Duncan Jones. All aspects of the film were great, especially Sam Rockwell in what was essentially a one-man production. Such was further enhanced by the minimalist approach to the science fiction genre. Once again, Rocky highly recommends this film, in what he believes is one of the better films of 2009.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2010, 10:58:59 PM »

Sherlock Holmes (2009)

Although Downey Jr was amusing, as I expected, the film, overall it was alright.  Perhaps if I'd read the works of Conan Doyle previously I would have enjoyed it more, but his prose seems too dry my liking, yet much more inviting than Wilde.

The Hangover (2009)

2009 really must have been a bad year for comedy because I thought it was incredibly overrated. Sure there were some funny moments, for instance Mike Tyson singing In the Air Tonight but to me, the humour was inconsistent and the cast who were providing it didn't seem to gel.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2010, 01:12:54 AM »

Kick Ass

Crass humour and gore, what else could a guy want in a film worth viewing when hardly any good ones are actually on. Nicholas Cage, was particularly funny; initially I thought he was some kind of paedophile with that slowly balding scalp and that Village Peopleseque ginger mostache.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2010, 05:29:13 PM »

When does it come out in the US?

Probably one of the better comedy's I've seen at the cinemas for a while now. I still can't get over how many times Hit Girl said cunt though.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2010, 07:27:01 AM »

Tommy (1975)

Although the quality of music wasn't nearly as good as its 1969 album counterpart. It wasn't too bad for a Stigwood produced film; even if glutinous viewing at times; in particular Keith Moon's Uncle Ernie sequence. Now it would have made a lot more sense if Townshend was his wicked Uncle Ernie...
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2010, 05:47:45 AM »

Rescue from Gilligan's Island

Why. Why. Why.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2010, 01:52:31 AM »

Magical Mystery Tour

Wasn't expecting it to be great, but it wasn't horrendous as some have reported.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2010, 01:58:19 AM »

Magical Mystery Tour

Wasn't expecting it to be great, but it wasn't horrendous as some have reported.

The "I Am the Walrus" part is pretty cool though.

That was my favourite sequence! I also didn't mind the Death Cab for Cutie number (due to its seediness); the marathon and Ringo drunk. That said, while Blue Jay Way, in my opinion is one of the best off the LP, its sequence with George was terrible. He didn't even sync with the song!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies