Rising is changing: Ryan and Emily replacing Krystal and Saagar
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:45:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rising is changing: Ryan and Emily replacing Krystal and Saagar
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rising is changing: Ryan and Emily replacing Krystal and Saagar  (Read 1466 times)
Terlylane
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2021, 10:55:46 AM »
« edited: June 01, 2021, 10:35:47 PM by Terlylane »

BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 12:59:34 PM »

I would say that they won't be missed, but I am afraid that we won't be rid of them at all. God, I despise those two faux-populist grifters with a passion.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 06:03:42 PM »

I'm a big fan of them. Glad to see them finally get control of the show.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 12:10:44 AM »

I'm a big fan of them. Glad to see them finally get control of the show.
They're massive FFs.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 12:59:06 AM »

Everyone that cynically shills for a political angle on YouTube is part of the problem, regardless of which side of the aisle they're on.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 01:37:30 AM »

Everyone that cynically shills for a political angle on YouTube is part of the problem, regardless of which side of the aisle they're on.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 11:32:49 PM »

VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 12:57:53 AM »

What a nuanced take
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2021, 12:58:42 AM »

I would say that they won't be missed, but I am afraid that we won't be rid of them at all. God, I despise those two faux-populist grifters with a passion.
You can’t just accuse anyone you don’t like of being a grifter
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2021, 01:30:22 AM »

What a nuanced take

It's a consistent take. And I didn't say everyone was equally bad, I just said that they're all part of the problem.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2021, 03:15:00 AM »

Well, I can, but it is admittedly hard/impossible to prove.

With regards to Krystal Ball, she claims to be a leftist and seemingly holds leftist political positions, yet she focuses almost all of her attention on dissing democrats, while ignoring or downplaying Trump trying to steal the election or the significance of Qanon radicalism all the time while allowing Saagar to basically make the point that left wing populists and right wing populists share the same goals.

Krystal Ball is basically giving leftists the permission structure to abstain from voting or even voting for Trump, because the democrats are at least as bad or worse, which is just blatantly false and I cannot believe that any honest progressive would sincerely believe that unless they are morons, and Krystal Ball is no moron. Ergo, it is my belief that she is a deeply destructive grifter that everyone on the left should just ignore, but yes, I cannot prove it.

Saagar is a "right wing populist". Right wing populism doesn't actually exist in real life. It is just fascism pretending to care about the working class. Totally and utterly fake. Tucker Carlson is the same. These people absolutely do not give two sh**ts about the working class, but only use them to further their own political goals.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2021, 10:53:37 AM »

Well, I can, but it is admittedly hard/impossible to prove.

With regards to Krystal Ball, she claims to be a leftist and seemingly holds leftist political positions, yet she focuses almost all of her attention on dissing democrats, while ignoring or downplaying Trump trying to steal the election or the significance of Qanon radicalism all the time while allowing Saagar to basically make the point that left wing populists and right wing populists share the same goals.

Krystal Ball is basically giving leftists the permission structure to abstain from voting or even voting for Trump, because the democrats are at least as bad or worse, which is just blatantly false and I cannot believe that any honest progressive would sincerely believe that unless they are morons, and Krystal Ball is no moron. Ergo, it is my belief that she is a deeply destructive grifter that everyone on the left should just ignore, but yes, I cannot prove it.

Saagar is a "right wing populist". Right wing populism doesn't actually exist in real life. It is just fascism pretending to care about the working class. Totally and utterly fake. Tucker Carlson is the same. These people absolutely do not give two sh**ts about the working class, but only use them to further their own political goals.
I watch Rising pretty often, and they definitely made significantly more anti-Trump videos than anti-Biden videos during the election and prior to Biden’s inauguration. The only exception was probably from January to April, but that’s obviously because that’s when the primary was going on
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2021, 02:39:04 PM »

https://breakingpoints.supercast.tech/

Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti are proud to introduce Breaking Points with Krystal and Saagar. A fearless anti-establishment Youtube show and podcast debuting MONDAY JUNE 7TH, 2021

CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC are ripping us apart and making millions of dollars doing it. We don't have soulless billionaires or corporations backing our high end TV production, but we do have YOU. We took a big risk going independent and we need your help to fulfill our mission of making everyone hate each other LESS and the corrupt ruling class MORE

I'm tempted to advertise on their show. Wonder how much they charge.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2021, 02:45:22 PM »

Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti are proud to introduce Breaking Points with Krystal and Saagar. A fearless anti-establishment Youtube show and podcast debuting MONDAY JUNE 7TH, 2021

CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC are ripping us apart and making millions of dollars doing it. We don't have soulless billionaires or corporations backing our high end TV production, but we do have YOU. We took a big risk going independent and we need your help to fulfill our mission of making everyone hate each other LESS and the corrupt ruling class MORE

Oh dear, this is gonna be awful. Stoking hatred of "the establishment" is basically what fuels authoritarian and conspiratorial movements. This is a "sane" version of Qanon, but probably just as destructive.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2021, 03:19:46 PM »

Oh dear, this is gonna be awful. Stoking hatred of "the establishment" is basically what fuels authoritarian and conspiratorial movements. This is a "sane" version of Qanon, but probably just as destructive.
This post might be some of the most blatant gaslighting I’ve ever seen
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2021, 10:42:37 PM »

I wasn’t until this thread, aware of Rising, but I do know Krystal Ball as a laughably incompetent political prognosticator.

Too bad it looks like she’s moving on to a new show, not a new profession.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2021, 03:06:59 AM »

I wasn’t until this thread, aware of Rising, but I do know Krystal Ball as a laughably incompetent political prognosticator.

Too bad it looks like she’s moving on to a new show, not a new profession.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2021, 05:40:08 AM »

This looks like the kind of programming that could inspire someone to spend hundreds of dollars on nootropics and supplements.

No need for supplements. I make sure to eat right, exercise, and drink 3 ounces of essential oils each morning, so I should be fine.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2021, 03:40:03 PM »

Can't Afford A Premium Membership But Want To Donate Just To Support The Show? Choose an amount below to support Krystal and Saagar.

This is just terrible phrasing lol. "Can't afford $10/mo but want to give us money? Donate $50 below."
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2021, 08:57:42 PM »

Rising is borderless.  Rising is unstoppable.  Rising is leading the way.

United breaks guitars.
DS0816
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2021, 03:23:20 AM »

Krystal Ball is basically giving [leftists] the permission …  Ergo, it is my belief that she [Krystal Ball] is a deeply destructive grifter that everyone [on the left] should just ignore…

The fact that you use the word left to distinguish between those who don’t buy into the current form that is the Democratic Party and those who do (applicable to you)…is an example why the Democratic Party is not an actual left-wing political party.

If the Democratic Party is an actual left-wing political party—with examples of holding the presidency of the United States with majorities in the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate (as they do now)—there would be no talk of this other group (as The Left…or Progressives) because Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer would deliver rather than oppose the policies (with the needed details)—such as Medicare for All—which would please The Left.

Much of what you also wrote assumes this other group of people [The Left] are required to vote for the Democratic Party. No one—no political party—is entitled to anyone’s vote. Those who believe as you expressed either do not understand what it is to vote…or do understand but are desperate and/or arrogant.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2021, 01:21:27 PM »

Krystal Ball is basically giving [leftists] the permission …  Ergo, it is my belief that she [Krystal Ball] is a deeply destructive grifter that everyone [on the left] should just ignore…

The fact that you use the word left to distinguish between those who don’t buy into the current form that is the Democratic Party and those who do (applicable to you)…is an example why the Democratic Party is not an actual left-wing political party.

If the Democratic Party is an actual left-wing political party—with examples of holding the presidency of the United States with majorities in the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate (as they do now)—there would be no talk of this other group (as The Left…or Progressives) because Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer would deliver rather than oppose the policies (with the needed details)—such as Medicare for All—which would please The Left.

Much of what you also wrote assumes this other group of people [The Left] are required to vote for the Democratic Party. No one—no political party—is entitled to anyone’s vote. Those who believe as you expressed either do not understand what it is to vote…or do understand but are desperate and/or arrogant.
Currently, the only realistic alternative to everyone from the center to the far left uniting behind the democratic party, is outright fascism. That is just a fact. You may not like it. Infact, I myself HATE that, but that is what we are faced with. In that reality it is not only a moral responsibility, but also in everybodys self interest to keep the facists out of power and the only way to do that is to vote for democrats. Krystal Ball actively works against that, which makes her an enabler of the facists.
Terlylane
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2021, 01:25:58 PM »

Currently, the only realistic alternative to everyone from the center to the far left uniting behind the democratic party, is outright fascism. That is just a fact. You may not like it. Infact, I myself HATE that, but that is what we are faced with. In that reality it is not only a moral responsibility, but also in everybodys self interest to keep the facists out of power and the only way to do that is to vote for democrats. Krystal Ball actively works against that, which makes her an enabler of the facists.
"anyone who doesn't vote for who i want is enabling fascism"

If you seriously think this way, You're the fascist.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2021, 03:10:12 AM »

Krystal Ball is basically giving [leftists] the permission …  Ergo, it is my belief that she [Krystal Ball] is a deeply destructive grifter that everyone [on the left] should just ignore…

"anyone who doesn't vote for who i want is enabling fascism"

If you seriously think this way, You're the fascist.
Dude, I am just stating the current facts on the ground. The republican party is currently in the process of abolishing democracy. If you don't see that, then you don't see that, but that is absolutely what I see. If Trump wins in 2024 with a GOP trifecta, it is probably game over for american democracy. You may be cool with that because your ideological purity concerns doesn't allow for you to vote for a moderate democrat, but I am not.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2021, 03:50:57 AM »

Emily Jashinsky is far superior to Saagar, who has never espoused any actual conservative views other than on police and pot. Stopped watching that sh**t summer of last year and never looked back.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies