If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:36:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be  (Read 71155 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: March 08, 2016, 12:10:08 PM »

LGBT is a protected class

We are not a Christian nation

No death penalty

No second amendment

Healthcare is a right
Since when are LGBT people a class, I thought they were a sexual orientation or martial status. Secondly, I don't believe that we are a technically a Christian nation, that issue has already been resolved in the 1700's with the First Admendment. I do believe though that we technically can't say that we aren't a Christian Nation as a majority of US Citizens are Christians. No death penalty could happen but in this day, I think we could have it for the most dangerous a la The Boston Bombers, ISIS Members and other Terrorists. The No Second Admendment one is very dangerous, I believe, look at Nazi Germany, Mao's China and the Soviet Union which are some of the worst dictatorships on the face of the modern war, for the most part the right to own firearms was banned (besides the military). I agree with True Federalist on the Healthcare part. I feel like you got this information out of a Sanders speech or some Communist thing.

Well I'm happy to trump your whole 'dictators banned guns' argument with the fact that democracies in both Australia and the UK banned firearms after massacres, and saw a steep decline in them afterwards. Regardless considering the state of Germany pre-Hitler I'd hardly say that's a good argument for gun freedom- you had about 4 attempted coups!

There's also a marked difference between a christian bakery giving me a cake, and a Jewish group hiring a neo-nazi
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 07:42:43 AM »

[quote author=JCL+GeologistJuly10Wedding link=topic=220152.msg5074930#msg5074930
5. Both Old and New Testament give clear credence to the death penalty.

[/quote]

So what? Insert generic passage highlighting stupidity in the bible
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies