Why has the Middle Class so declined? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:22:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why has the Middle Class so declined? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why has the Middle Class so declined?  (Read 5564 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: March 31, 2014, 07:03:53 PM »

Because the ruling elite doesn't want a middle class. Middle class is wealthy enough to be free from control from them.

It's why the Elite is using lots of money to convince people to destroy the welfare state. To dissolve middle class in order to return to their previous exclusive rule.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 05:00:43 PM »

Because the ruling elite doesn't want a middle class. Middle class is wealthy enough to be free from control from them.

It's why the Elite is using lots of money to convince people to destroy the welfare state. To dissolve middle class in order to return to their previous exclusive rule.

Have to disagree with you there. The elite needs a 'middle-class' and always has done. After all, who is it that has provided the bulk of the doctors and the teachers. The accountants and the small businessmen. The middle managers, the lawyers, and the higher ranks of the police. The 'elite' is reliant upon there being a middle class to help service its needs, otherwise it would be unable to survive.

Seeing how Republicans act in regard to teachers' wages, they want teachers to be lower-class.
I don't know for UK (I suppose it's affected by NHS), but doctors are clearly upper-class here (some are gaining over 300,000$/year). My family owns a small business, and there is considerable pressure to be integrated in big corporations. I don't know about UK again, but here, many lawyers are millionnaires. It leaves the upper police, middle managers and accountants, which doesn't account for much people.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:37:52 PM »

Liberals prefer to transfer payments to self-determination. Another reason the middle class is declining.

I would very much prefer "self-determination", but I'll clearly seeing than full employment won't happen (the market doesn't need that amount of workers). And, unlike some on your side are pretending, tax cuts won't do it. My family owns a business and, no matter how our taxes would be lowered, we wouldn't hire anyone else since we don't need more employees at the moment! Why a tax cut would make a company hires people it doesn't need?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies