GOP makes gains with White Catholics in 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 07:21:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GOP makes gains with White Catholics in 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP makes gains with White Catholics in 2014  (Read 1876 times)
GaussLaw
« on: November 11, 2014, 07:27:06 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah, except for the fact that it includes abortion. Apparently you forgot that the Stupak amendment failed.

Any party that treats Abortion like a sacrament and supports gay marriage is going to get demolished by White Catholics.

Like myself.

Honestly, the truth is somewhere in the middle with the ACA.........it may reduce total # of abortions but it also does have some indirect ties with funding abortion.  I'm an Evangelical (but like Catholicism) and for me, the biggest thing is those Supreme Court nominations.  I don't want to vote for Senators who will vote to confirm pro-choice judges(and especially reject pro-life judges), especially on the Supreme Court.
GaussLaw
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:41:28 PM »

I am a white Catholic who would have voted for the straight Republican ticket if I weren't 16. Btw, this whole trend with white Catholics follows an overall trend of whites in general becoming more heavily Republican each cycle since 1976. I hope that soon the GOP will be winning >80% of the white vote.

No.  The last thing this country needs is more racial polarization.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies