A Feast for Crows Sign-up thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:13:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Feast for Crows Sign-up thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Feast for Crows Sign-up thread  (Read 12704 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« on: March 16, 2019, 09:19:34 AM »

While I'd prefer to be Roose Bolton (call me a sicko), I suppose I'll go for the Mother of Dragons until such time as someone else takes her.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 06:21:02 PM »

What's the post count that you need to do PMs?

20, I believe.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 11:07:45 AM »

Thanks for the support guys. She's going in for an operation now. Will update everyone when it's over.

Fingers crossed.

Best wishes, mate. Real life always takes precedence.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 07:20:34 PM »

The operation was a success. Praise be to the Flying Spaghetti Monster..

Excellent to hear!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 10:06:21 AM »

Okay, I think i should shre something that's been playing on my mind.

Look, I loved the most recent episode. People didn't. THat's the beauty of life. However, I made the mistake of posting I liked the episode somewhere else on the internet, which was a mistake. Because of it, I've received a lot of really awful messages. This ranges from "You can't call yourself a fan if you liked this s**t" to out-and-out death threats.

I can confirm that the messages came from no-one on here and that I have contacted the police in my area.

Regardless, I have to admit that it's kinda killed my love for everything GoT or ASOIAF related. And this is coming from someone who bought Fire and Blood on the first day it came out. From my point of view, it's the exact experience I had with The Last Jedi.

I can't really think of any other way to explain it other than it's just killed my joy for both the show and books.

I'm so sorry everyone.

Honestly, it disgusts me when people act like that. I liked the Battle of Winterfell, too, but I can see how people wouldn't. I won't call them wrong or evil or uncultured or anything of that sort, and I would ask the same from them.

Did I think Arya had literally been knocked deaf in the scene where the wights were inexplicably just as quiet as she was, which would have been a cool way to show off her sensory deprivation training in the House of Black and White, only to find out she could hear just fine, which was kind of mixed feelings because of what I thought was going on? Yeah.

Do I think the Night King went down a bit too easily? Also yeah.

Do I feel like "killing the Night King not only destroys the wights, but also the other Walkers" was a wee bit too much of a cop-out? Also also yeah.

Do I think that the extended runtime could have been done away with by removing some scenes that just felt like padding? You can tell where this is going.

Do I think that anyone who still adores the episode in spite of those flaws deserves mistreatment or abuse? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

In my opinion, the hype train kind of overdid its job, resulting in people expecting an episode that could well top Blackwater, and we got an episode that didn't quite live up to that, and people lost their sh*t. Fine. Throw a fit. Call the directors, producers, whoever, idiots who don't know what they're doing and can't even recreate their former glory. But it is absolutely and unequivocally abhorrent to take out this anger in such a vile way as to actively threaten the lives of people who thought the episode, while not necessarily perfect (or even if they did think it was perfect), was still a good episode of Game of Thrones. I understand you disgust, and support you 100%.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 07:58:53 AM »

So . . . Anyone gonna send in orders?

I sent mine yesterday.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies