Scott Walker: Delegates should be able to vote how they want at RNC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:18:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Scott Walker: Delegates should be able to vote how they want at RNC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scott Walker: Delegates should be able to vote how they want at RNC  (Read 1130 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« on: June 22, 2016, 01:15:07 AM »

This is wrong.  I want the nuclear option as much as anyone but Trump won those delegates fair and square.  You can't just change the rules because you don't like him... you have to beat him.  There's still time but Republicans have to stop being wimps with this "I support the nominee of the party" crap.  Come out in unison against Trump and bully him out of the race.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 01:58:17 AM »

You can't just change the rules because you don't like him... you have to beat him.  There's still time but Republicans have to stop being wimps with this "I support the nominee of the party" crap.  Come out in unison against Trump and bully him out of the race.

I don't see how your first two sentences work together.  Either the voting in the primaries should determine the nominee or it shouldn't.  If it should, then it is already too late, and there isn't still time.  Trump has already won.  If it shouldn't, then they'll have a vote at the convention, to see if they want to nominate Trump or not.  If the majority there don't want him, and they vote against him, then they're not being wimps, saying that they "support the nominee".  They're actually going way out on a limb by rejecting him.  So which is it?

Your whole post makes no sense.  If the GOP wants to defeat Trump and eradicate him from the party then they should all be doing what Mitt Romney is doing.  Treat him like a bacterial infection they desperately need to get rid of rather than accepting their ugliness.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies