RCP: 'Obama Needs a History Lesson' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:21:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  RCP: 'Obama Needs a History Lesson' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RCP: 'Obama Needs a History Lesson'  (Read 5037 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: May 22, 2008, 11:02:04 AM »

Poor guy...talk about being clueless. Good that history knowledge can be an asset at times. Wink
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:06:32 AM »

Jack Kelly is not only an asshole, but also ignorant as f**k. It should be proclaimed repeatedly from the rooftops that it was the Conservatives who appeased Hitler.

Oh, and that quote was from George Santayana, not from that perennial masturbation fantasy of conservatives, Winston Churchill.

I know. It's utterly fascinating how the history of 1930's British policy to the Nazis has been completely rewritten. How many people know that Churchill actually had to ally himself with the Left to oppose appeasment against the darling of the Establishment Right, Chamberlain?

I do. Tongue Most people obviously don't know history very well to begin with, but anyone who has studied that part I believe are well aware that Churchill had his most solid support from the Labour Party (and, I believe, the Liberals) while the Tories were split on the issue.

Still, the fundamental point really remains unchanged, doesn't it? That some British Conservatives did something wrong 70 years ago doesn't really take much away from American Conservatives today calling it wrong...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies