Saskatchewan provincial election 2015/2016 (more likely in 2016) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:28:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Saskatchewan provincial election 2015/2016 (more likely in 2016) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Saskatchewan provincial election 2015/2016 (more likely in 2016)  (Read 20626 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« on: February 16, 2015, 07:13:07 PM »

Riding boundaries have been redrawn for this election.  There will be 61 constituencies up from 58.
The NDP has started nominating candidates for the election.   

Saskatoon
1.Vicki Mowat, Saskatoon-Fairview, Sociology Lecturer, Canadian Forces Reserve Captain, B.A (Hons) and M.A-Sociology, Half Marathon Runner, Acclaimed, 2011 old boundaries result 50.98-46.22%

2.Jesse Todd, Saskatoon-Eastview, Canada Food Inspection Agency Inspector and Union Chief Shop Steward, Football and Rugby Coach, B.A-, 2011 result 57.51-39.56

3.Michael Karras, Saskatoon-Southeast, K-12 School Vice Principal, Former Special Education Teacher, Past President Learning Disabilities Association of Saskatchewan, Acclaimed, 2011 result 75.41-19.32

4.Nicole White, Saskatoon-Meewasin, READ Saskatoon Financial Literacy  Coordinator, Quint Development Corporation Director, Former Executive Director AIDS Saskatoon, Former Reporter, Ryan Meili for Leader Campaign Manager, B.A- English and History, 2011 candidate in Saskatoon-Northwest?, Acclaimed, 2011 result 54.05-41.73

5.Zaighan Kayani, Saskatoon-Silverspring-Sutherland, Owner All Season Driving School, President Pakistan Canada Cultural Association, CFCR Radio Weekly Show Host and Freelance Journalist, B.A-English and Political Science

Regina
6.Heather McIntyre, Regina-Pasqua, Former Vice President Montessori School of Regina, 2010 Regina South candidate for nomination, 2009 and 2012 City Council Candidate (narrowly defeated both times), Acclaimed, 2011 Regina South Result 53.79-42.61

7.Nicole Sarauer, Regina-Douglas Park, Pro Bono Lawyer and Pro Bono Law Society Program Manager, Regina Catholic School Trustee, Hons Law Degree, defeated for nomination Stephen Moore, Lingenfelter Chief of Staff, 2011 result 52.00-10.34

8.Ted Jalata, Regina-Coronation Park, Canada Revenue Agency Collections Contact Officer, Former University of Regina Track and Field and Cross Country Coach, Former Long Distance Runner, 2011 result 53.59-44.04

9.Brett Estey, Regina-Rochdale, Canadian Cancer Society Cancer Control Coordinator, former High School Assistant Offensive Line Coach, Former High School Football Player, B.A-Political Science (with distinction) and History, Acclaimed

10.Faycal Haggui, Regina-Gardiner Park, Saskatchewan Ministry of Labour Senior Policy Risk Assessment and Planning Analyst, Former Economics Professor, M.A-Economics and Management, PhD-Agricultural Economics, Acclaimed

Prince Albert
11.Nicole Raincourt, Prince Albert-Northcote, Mental Health and Addictions Social Worker, Acclaimed, 2011 result 50.23-46.93

12.Shane Lazorwich, Prince Albert-Carlton, Prince Albert Multicultural Council Executive Director, President Prince Albert Branch of the Canadian Mental Health Association, Roots Band Member 'All Mighty Voice, B.A (Hons)-Political Studies, defeated Justin Gaudet, 63 total voters, 2011 result 60.17-37.56

Rural and Towns
13.Leonard Dales, Melville-Saltcoats, Cow and Calf Farmer, Health Facility Maintenance Power Engineer, 2011 candidate, Defeated Theresa Wilson Catholic School Trustee, 2011 result 73.46-24.47

14.Adam Duke, Humboldt-Watrous, Royal Canadian Legion Branch Branch Services Officer, Political Science Student, Acclaimed, 2011 result 73.02-23.24

15.Cameron Robock, Esteven, Purolator Emplyee, former Oil Field Worker, 2008 and 2012 Estevan City Council Candidate, Acclaimed, 2011 result 79.24-17.27

Oddly the NDP hasn't yet nominated anybody for either of the two Moose Jaw ridings even though these are long time NDP seats and the former long time NDP MLA, cabinet minister and 2007 leadership candidate Deb Higgins is now the mayor.

Retiring MLAs
NDP
1.John Nilson, Regina-Lakeview, MLA 1995-2015/2016, former Attorney General and Health Minister

A number of Sask Party MLAs are retiring as well
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 03:47:22 AM »
« Edited: December 04, 2015, 04:10:27 AM by Adam T »

Amusingly, as of Nov. 23, only the Saskatchewan Green Party had a full slate of 61 candidates.  The Sask Party was at 59 candidates, the NDP at 40, the PCs at 2, and the Liberals at 0, with 1 independent.

http://www.elections.sk.ca/candidates-political-parties/candidates/register-of-potential-candidates-by-party-november-23-2015.pdf

Including the eight incumbents who are all likely to run again (John Nilson is retiring), the NDP is now up to 50 nominated candidates.  Nine of the remaining eleven ridings are in rural areas (roughly half in the strongly anti NDP rural southern part of the province) and the other two are in the small city ridings of Yorkton and The Battlefords.  The NDP not having nominated a candidate yet in The Battlefords is a surprise to me as it is a potential winnable riding for them.

This is the updated list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saskatchewan_general_election,_2016#Candidates_by_party

A couple of the ridings the person behind that wiki page put into 'Central Saskatchewan' I would consider being in Southern Saskatchewan especially Cypress Hills and possibly Rosetown-Elrose.  

In addition to the relativity bigger cities of Moose Jaw and Prince Albert (each with populations of around 35,000) these are the cities with populations of around 15,000 meaning they more or less completely make up the riding:

1.Yorkton
2.Swift Current
3.North Battleford

These are the cities with populations of around 10,000 meaning they make up around half the riding
1.Weyburn
2.Lloydminster (the Saskatchewan side of the city.)
3.Estevan

The town of Martensville was apparently a few years ago the fastest growing town in Saskatchewan and reached about 7,500 people but I don't know what's happened since then.

I used to think Melfort was one of the small cities in Saskatchewan with a population in the range of 15,000, but I looked it up and its population is only around 5,000.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 12:08:45 PM »

Wonder if Brad Wall being an ass lately will effect his numbers or not. Can't possibly get any more popular, I'd say.

I was wondering that as well.  Wall going after the federal Liberals will probably not help him get the votes of many of the 14% of people in his province who say that they plan to vote for the provincial Liberals.  That said, as the Conservative Party got nearly 50% of the vote in Saskatchewan in the federal election, it won't stop him from getting reelected.

However,I absolutely believe that he is going after the Federal Liberals because he is testing the waters on a potential bid for the Conservative leadership.  The idea that he won't run for leader because he doesn't speak French leaves out proven new tools for learning a language like Rosetta Stone where a person can learn at least the basics of a language in around two weeks.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 05:03:18 AM »

The idea that he won't run for leader because he doesn't speak French leaves out proven new tools for learning a language like Rosetta Stone where a person can learn at least the basics of a language in around two weeks.

Tell that to Paul Dewar! That is ridiculous - to achieve true fluency in a new language as an middle aged unilingual person would require YEARS of total immersion. If Wall resigns as Premier and lives in a village in rural Quebec with a family for like two years...then i will believe he is serious about national leadership.

I've heard he just wants to make post of money in the private sector.

Apropos of nothing, there has NEVER been a Canadian PM who was ever a provincial premier. Every provincial premier who has taken a stab at federal politics has flopped.

There are some people that have difficulty for whatever reasons learning languages like Paul Dewar apparently, and John Crosbie, but according to this site, most people can become fluent in another language using Rosetta Stone in 3 months.  I have a friend who has a degree in physics, so obviously a bright guy, who used Rosetta Stone for some language for some business trip he was going on and, as I indicated above, learned the basics of that language in two weeks (enough to carry out basic conversations) and he learned the language while still working full time.

http://www.fluentin3months.com/rosetta-stone-review/

If the Conservative leadership campaign isn't for another two years, as appears to be the case, Brad Wall would have plenty of time to lead the Sask Party through the next election, set up the next government (seems a safe bet the Sask Party will be reelected) resign and retire from provincial politics and then set himself up to learning French full time.

You could be right that he wants to go into the private sector but it's possible he's just putting that out to keep his options open.  I don't see what reason he would have to be acting as the de facto leader of the federal opposition if he weren't seriously considering running for the federal Conservative Party leadership, as, as I pointed out above, based on the 2015 federal election results and the 2011 provincial election results, the clear majority of people in Saskatchewan who voted for the Federal Liberals in 2015 would have voted for the Sask Party in 2011.

I'm not saying that Brad Wall will run and I'm not saying that he won't, but the idea that his current lack of French is an impediment is nonsense.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 12:38:21 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2015, 12:40:27 PM by Adam T »

The idea that he won't run for leader because he doesn't speak French leaves out proven new tools for learning a language like Rosetta Stone where a person can learn at least the basics of a language in around two weeks.

Tell that to Paul Dewar! That is ridiculous - to achieve true fluency in a new language as an middle aged unilingual person would require YEARS of total immersion. If Wall resigns as Premier and lives in a village in rural Quebec with a family for like two years...then i will believe he is serious about national leadership.

I've heard he just wants to make post of money in the private sector.

Apropos of nothing, there has NEVER been a Canadian PM who was ever a provincial premier. Every provincial premier who has taken a stab at federal politics has flopped.

There are some people that have difficulty for whatever reasons learning languages like Paul Dewar apparently, and John Crosbie, but according to this site, most people can become fluent in another language using Rosetta Stone in 3 months.  I have a friend who has a degree in physics, so obviously a bright guy, who used Rosetta Stone for some language for some business trip he was going on and, as I indicated above, learned the basics of that language in two weeks (enough to carry out basic conversations) and he learned the language while still working full time.

http://www.fluentin3months.com/rosetta-stone-review/

If the Conservative leadership campaign isn't for another two years, as appears to be the case, Brad Wall would have plenty of time to lead the Sask Party through the next election, set up the next government (seems a safe bet the Sask Party will be reelected) resign and retire from provincial politics and then set himself up to learning French full time.

You could be right that he wants to go into the private sector but it's possible he's just putting that out to keep his options open.  I don't see what reason he would have to be acting as the de facto leader of the federal opposition if he weren't seriously considering running for the federal Conservative Party leadership, as, as I pointed out above, based on the 2015 federal election results and the 2011 provincial election results, the clear majority of people in Saskatchewan who voted for the Federal Liberals in 2015 would have voted for the Sask Party in 2011.

I'm not saying that Brad Wall will run and I'm not saying that he won't, but the idea that his current lack of French is an impediment is nonsense.

Lol, there's a huge difference between learning enough phrases to get by in another country and learning enough of a language to give meaningful speeches and debate in it without sounding like a 5-year-old with a speech defect.

Did you miss the part where I quoted that Rosetta Stone (or programs like it) can teach a person to become fluent in a language in three months?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 04:21:21 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2015, 04:24:38 PM by Adam T »

Did you miss the part where I quoted that Rosetta Stone (or programs like it) can teach a person to become fluent in a language in three months?

Did you miss the part where that's bullshıt peddled by marketers who want to make it sound like learning a language is easy if you use their magic formula?

Did you miss the article by The Economist that said that Rosetta Stone and programs like it were actually very useful in conjunction with more traditional methods of learning a language.  

I don't know why this should even be an issue.  It took Ruth Ellen Brosseau to become competent in French in, what 3 months? and after a year or so she was fully fluent.  

The Conservative leadership race isn't expected to be held for around two years.  If Brad Wall resigns as Premier shortly after the next Saskatchewan election, he would easily have enough time to master French before the leadership campaign kicks off if he so desires to do so.

If Wall so chooses he also could move to Quebec and immerse himself completely with the language.  If he needed money (I don't know if he's eligible for either an MLA pension or for a municipal pension for his previous position of Swift Current economic development officer) I'm sure the Conservative Party or some 'think tank' would be happy to employ him for a well paying part time job that didn't actually involve much work.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 04:56:37 PM »

In any case, Brad Wall can't resign before 2017 without seeming nakedly opportunistic.

Why?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 06:31:45 PM »

In any case, Brad Wall can't resign before 2017 without seeming nakedly opportunistic.

Why?
I can see 22 Minutes doing the skit now:

"I'm resigning as Premier and Party Leader despite winning another mandate three months ago because...uh...I prefer the wetter snow in Ottawa to the dry snow of Saskatchewan in January..."

I'd guess no more than 500,000 Canadians still watch 22 Minutes and nearly all of them are either Liberals or New Democrats.  I'm sure you're just using that as an example of the mocking he'd receive, but were he to resign shortly after getting reelected, I also highly doubt all that many people would care about it by the time of the leadership campaign.  Also, the circumstances are fairly different, but in 1999-2000, Roy Romanow resigned as Premier shortly after being reelected.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2015, 06:41:55 PM »

I don't actually agree that comments on the possibility that Brad Wall might resign shortly after the election are off topic, but for those who do, the NDP nominated their candidate in Weyburn-Big Muddy yesterday, meaning they have just ten more candidates to nominate.

I'd be surprised if they filled their slate by the end of the year, but it seems they may be trying to make an effort to do so.  I'd mention who their candidate in that riding is but I don't remember right now and it doesn't really matter anyway.   Anybody interested though can easily google the Saskatchewan NDP website and check their news section.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 12:20:12 PM »
« Edited: February 29, 2016, 12:27:40 PM by Adam T »

New Mainstreet Technologies poll in Saskatchewan has these numbers with the undecided factored out:
Sask: 52%
NDP: 34%
Liberal: 10%
Green: 3%

Those with memories of the 2007 election will note that those numbers are very similar to that election result:

Sask: 51%
NDP: 37%
Liberal: 9%
Green: 2%

Even the regional numbers in both Saskatoon and 'rest of Saskatchewan' are very similar.  Regina is quite different because :
1.In 2007 a Sask Party candidate dropped out and his name and the party were removed from the ballot.

2.In this Mainstreet Technology poll, the Green Party is at 9% in Regina.

These are the breakdowns

2007 percentage results (2015 poll in brackets)

Rest of Province
Sask: 60% (57%)
NDP: 32% (30%)
Lib: 6.5% (10%)

Saskatoon
Sask: 43%
NDP: 42%
Lib: 13%

I don't remember the exact numbers from the new Mainstreet Poll but I recall they give the Sask Party a 3% point lead in Saskatoon.

Regina
Sask: 36%
NDP: 47.5%
Lib: 14%
Green: 2.5%

The new Mainstreet poll gives the Sask Party an 8 or 9% point lead in Regina, but keep in mind the two points I made above.

The NDP won 20 of the 58 seats in the 2007 election (there are now 61 ridings) and narrowly lost another seven seats.  However, since the 'power of incumbency' is now with the Sask Party I would think if the gap doesn't narrow further between the Sask Party and the NDP between now and election day that the best the NDP will do is in the 15-20 seat range (probably closer to 15 seats).  Still not a bad increase from 2011.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 02:25:50 PM »

Over the weekend, the NDP completed their slate of candidates for the election.

Saskatoon
1.Saskatoon-Westview, Cam Broten,38, M.L.A 2007- and Party Leader 2013-

2.Saskatoon Centre, David Forbes-60, M.L.A 2001-

3.Saskatoon-Riversdale, Danielle Chartier, M.L.A 2009-

4.Saskatoon-Nutana, Cathy Sproule, M.L.A 2011-

5.Saskatoon-Fairview, Vicki Mowat, Sociology Lecturer, Canadian Forces Reserve Captain and former North Saskatchewan Regiment Army Cadet Corps Commanding Officer, B.A (Hons)- Sociology, M.A-Sociology, half marathon runner, cross county skiier, curler

6.Saskatoon-Eastview, Jesse Todd, Canada Food inspection Agency Agricultural Inspector, PSAC Chief Shop Steward, B.A-, football and rugby coach

7.Saskatoon Southeast, Clayton Wilson, Saskatoon School Division Electronics Support Technician, former union local vice president and shop steward, SGI Motorcycle Riding Instructor, former D.J Business Owner, banjo player

8.Saskatoon-Meewasin, Nicole White, READ Saskatoon Financial Literacy Coordinator (Director), Quint Development Corporation Director, former executive director AIDS Saskatoon, former journalist, B.A-English and History, 2011 nominee in Saskatoon Northwest, Ryan Meili leadership campaign manager

9.Saskatoon-Silver Springs-Sutherland, Zaigham Kayani, Owner All Seasons Driving School, former driving instructor, CFC Weekly Radio Freelance Journalist, President Pakistan Canadian Cultural Association, B.A-English and Political Science

10.Saskatoon-Churchill-Wildwood, Tanya Dunn-Pierce, Public Health Services Manager of Health Promotion Department, B.Sc-Nutrition, MSc-Community Health and Epidemiology, basketball, soccer and football player

11.Saskatoon-University, Jennnifer Bowes, Health Sciences Association (Union) Labour Relations Officer, former United Food and Commercial Workers Local union representative, former Ministry of Social Services income assistance worker, former Saskatchewan Elizabeth Fry Society vice president, B.A-Psychology

12.Saskatoon-Willowgrove, Tajinder Grewal, University of Saskatchewan Department of Plant Sciences Research Officer, Former Saskatchewan Research Counsel scientist, PhD- Plant Sciences (Pathology, Genomics and Breeding) former Punjabi Cultural Association of Canada President, Saskatoon Field Hockey Club co-founder

Saskatoon/Rural
13.Saskatoon Northwest, Michael Karras, K-12 School Vice Principal, former special education teacher, Past President Learning Disabilities Association of Saskatchewan, B-Education, B-Special Education

14.Saskatoon-Stonebridge-Dakota, Steve Jimbo, Project Manager and Post Doctoral Research Scientist Vaccine and Infectious Disease Organization University of Saskatchewan

Saskatoon Suburb
1.Martensville-Warman, Jasmine Calix, Saskatoon Police Service Crime Free Multi Housing Program Assistant Coordinator, former University of Saskatchewan research analyst, Martensville Housing Authority Director, B.A-Politics (Studio Art?) M.A-Political Studies and International Relations

Regina
1.Regina-Rosemont, Trent Wotherspoon,37, M.L.A 2007-

2.Regina-Elphinstone-Centre, Warren McCall,44 M.L.A 2001-

3.Regina-Pasqua, Heather McIntyre, Communications Consultant, former vice president Montessori School of Regina (non profit), B.A-Radio and Television, 2009 and 2012 city council candidate (narrow defeat)

4.Regina-Douglas Park, Nicole Sarauer,30, Pro Bono Lawyer and Pro Bono Legal Society Programs Manager, Amnesty International Regina Board Member, B-Laws (Hons), Regina Catholic School Trustee 2012-

5.Regina-Coronation Park, Ted Jaleta, Recently Retired Canada Revenue Agency Collections Contact Officer, former University of Regina track and field and cross country coach, former long distance runner, former Ethiopian Olympic hopeful

6.Regina-Rochdale, Brett Estey, Civil Servant, former Canadian Cancer Society cancer control coordinator, B.A-Political Science and History (Distinction), former high school football player and former high school assistant offensive line coach

7.Regina-Gardiner Park, Faycal Haggui, Saskatchewan Ministry of Labour Risk Assessment and Planning Senior Policy Analyst, former economics professor, M.A-Economics and Management, PhD-Agricultural Economics

8.Regina-Lakeview Carla Beck, Social Worker and Assistant Executive Director Regina Transition House, School Trustee 2009- (NDP riding, MLA John Nilson retiring)

9.Regina-University, Aleana Young,28, Aquistore (carbon capture and storage) Communications and Reporting Officer, Family Services Regina Director, Food Writer, B.A (Hons)-World Religions, B.A-Eastern European History, M.A-Religious Studies, Minor-Canadian History, fluent in Biblical Greek, School Trustee 2012-

10.Regina Northeast, Kathleen O'Reilly, Education Professor and book author ('Tales out of School') former Government of Saskatchewan Office of Disabilities policy adviser, B.A- B-Education, M-Education, PhD,  School Trustee

11.Regina-Walsh Acres, Terry Bell, Local Television Broadcaster Writer and Producer, President Plough Wind Productions (self employed film maker), Diploma-Broadcast Communications, Regina Little Theatre Actor

Regina/Rural
12.Regina-Wascana Plains, Kaytlyn Criddle, E-Health Saskatchewan Health Policy Analyst, former foreign development worker, Certificate-International Development, B.A-Anthropology, Minors-Sociology, MPA Student

Smaller Cities
1.Prince Albert-Northcote, Nicole Rancourt,39, Registered Mental Health and Addictions Social Worker and anger management group facilitator, Health Sciences Association Activist, Business Administration Certificate, BSW, slow pitch player

2.Prince Albert-Carlton, Shane Lazarowich, Prince Albert Multi Cultural Council Executive Director, President Prince Albert Branch Canadian Mental Health Association, Roots Band Member 'All Mighty Voice', Prince Albert and District Chamber of Commerce Director, B.A (Hons)- Political Studies

3.Moose Jaw-Wakamow, Karen Purdy, Licensed Practical Nurse, SEIU - West - Nurses Unit Chair, St. Andrew's Church Music Director

04.Moose Jaw North, Corey Atkinson, Moose Jaw Times-Herald Reporter and Photographer and former Sports Reporter, B.A - Philosophy and Religious Studies

5.Swift Current, Hailey Clark, Roots Canada Store Assistant Manager, french as a second language program graduate, kayaker, painter and drawer, lives in Regina

6.Yorkton, Greg Olson, SaskTel Technical Analyst, Unifor Local Treasurer and Unifor Representative on Saskatchewan Federation of Labour Executive Board, B.Sc - Computer Science, Certificate - Economics, Masters Certificate - Business

7.The Battlefords, Rob Feist, Norssask Law Lawyer, Former Canadian Forces Captain and Army Cadet Corps Commander, B.A - Sociology, J.D

Smaller Cities/Rural
1.Estevan, Cameron Robock, Purolator Employee, former oilfield worker, 2008 by-election and 2012 Estevan city council candidate

2.Lloydminster, Michelle Oleksyn, Comprehensive High School Teacher, former farmer, Lioness Club President, B - Education

3.Weyburn-Big Muddy, Mark Jeworski, Heavy Equipment Operator and Miner, United Mine Workers Activist, Trained Mechanic

136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 02:26:14 PM »

North
1.Athabasca, Buckley Belanger,56, M.L.A 1995- (Liberal 1995-1998)

2.Cumberland, Doyle Vermette, M.L.A 2008-

Rural 'North' (Centre of Province)
1.Saskatchewan Rivers, Lyle Whitefish, Elementary School Principal, Former home construction worker, Former Native Band Councillor and former Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations 4th Vice President, B - Education

2.Batoche, Clay Debray,37, Sask Sport Metis Community Sport Consultant, Co-Chair Saskatchewan First Nations Summer Games and Coordinator North American Indigenous Games, former Adelaide Avalanche ice hockey team player and captain (Australian Hockey League), former Canadian major junior hockey team head coach, 2011 nominee in Rosthern-Shellbrook

3.Meadow Lake, Dwayne Lasas, Metis Addictions Council of Saskatchewan Addictions Counselor, Professional Musician and former minor role actor in 'North of 60', Meadow Lake Tribal Council Vice President (with expertise on forestry and resource issues), Saskatchewan Indian Cultural Center Director

4.Rosthern-Shellbrook, Rose Freeman, Owner Willow Insurance Agency and Insurance Broker, President Shell Lake Chamber of Commerce, Diploma- Advanced Financial Services (Distinction), Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker Designation, Shell Lake Curling Club Secretary Treasurer

5.Cut Knife-Turtleford, Danica Lorer, Professional Storyteller and Writing Workshop Facilitator, Saskatchewan Writers Union Director, Canadian Children's Book Center T.D Canada Book Week Tour Coordinator, B.A-

6.Melfort, Linsey Thornton, High School Business Teacher, Union Local Executive and Saskatchewan Teachers Federation Councillor. B-Education (Business and Mathematics), B-Commerce (Human Resource Management), high school basketball coach

7.Carrot River Valley, Sandy Ewen, Beef Cattle Farmer and Honey Farmer, Kelsey Trail Health Region Recreation Therapist, Chair Tisdale Recreation and Parks Board, former mine driller, logger and youth worker, soccer, baseball and hockey teams coach and manager

East Central Saskatchewan (formerly known as 'Red Square')
1.Melville-Saltcoats, Leonard Dales, Cow and Calf Farmer, Health Facility Maintenance Power Engineer,  former Transport Canada flight service officer, former hotel manager, former Prairie Cooperatives Director, 4-H Saskatchewan Council Board Member, 2011 nominee

2.Canora-Pelly, Theresa Wilson, Saskatchewan Crop Insurance Program Agri- Stability Call Center Operator, former substitute teacher, B.A-English, Minors-Environmental Studies and Native Studies, Ukrainian dancer and former volleyball coach, player and team manager, horse rider,  Melville Area School Trustee (first ran for nomination in Melville-Saltcoats),  

3.Last Mountain-Touchwood, Mary Ann Harrison, NUPGE (SGEU) Saskatchewan Vice President and former union local treasurer, Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways and Infrastructure Administrative Manager (on-leave)

4.Humboldt-Watrous, Adam Duke,28, Royal Canadian League Branch Branch Services Officer

5.Kelvington-Wadena, Dan Hiscock, School Counselor, Canadian Forces Veteran

South and Central West Saskatchewan
1.Kindersley, Charles Jedlicka, Grade Six Teacher, former emergency services technician

2.Rosetown-Elrose, Glenn Wright, Cameco McLean Lake Mill Manager and Grain Farmer, former mine company chief metalurgist, BSc and MSc- Mechanical Engineering, cross country skiier, motorsports and drag racer, in 1998 biked across Canada, 2011 nominee in Biggar, 2015 federal nominee in Carlton Trail-Eagle Creek

3.Cypress Hills, Barb Genert, Owner/Operator Sunny's Auto Body, former health care worker

4.Arm River, Denise Leduc, Town of Imperial Branch Library Librarian and Writer, B.A-

5.Lumsden-Morse, Rhonda Phillips, High School Biology Teacher, President Saskatchewan Outdoor and Environmental Educators Association, B.Sc- Biology, B -Education, canoer, hiker and cross country skiier, Lumsden Town Councillor 2009-

6.Wood River, Brenda Shenhen, Film and Television Costume Designer (Award Winning), former MCA Records and concert promotions firm promotions and publicity staffer, former SaskCulture Director, Child Care Center Co-operative Director, B.A-. B-Education- English , B-Education-English Literature, B-Education- Arts Education-Cinema and Television

7.Biggar-Sask Valley, Dan Richert, LaRoche-McDonald Angencies Employee (Non Profit Housing), former Rosthern Junior College Dean of Students and former development and community relations officer, B.A-Political Studies, (Lives in Saskatoon, but has family who live in the riding)

South East
1.Indian Head-Milestone, Ashley Nemeth, (Legally Blind), Canadian National Instititue for the Blind Volunteer and blog owner 'Blind Moving On', former Insurance Broker, snowboarder and camper (born with limited vision)

2.Moosomin, Ashlee Hicks, Maple Leaf Food Employee, Former United Food and Commercial Workers Activist, Studied Accounting

3.Cannington, Nathaniel Cole, Canadian Ministry of Employment and Social Development Payment Services Officer, former Moose Mountain and Cannington Manor Provincial Parks interpretative guide and guide team leader, former political campaign consultant, B.A-History and Political Science, French Language Certificate, glider pilot license, curler, half marathon runner, Past President Saskatchewan Young New Democrats
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 02:27:05 PM »

This would be my choice for cabinet were every New Democratic candidate to be elected

1.Premier/Federal-Provincial Relations, Cam Broten
2.Finance, Deputy Premier, Trent Wotherspoon
3.Economic Development and Trade, Danielle Chartier
4.Tourism, Small Business and Culture, Rose Freeman
5.Labour, Immigration and Citizenship, Rob Feist
6.Natural Resources, Rhonda Phillips
7.Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Leonard Dales
8.Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources, David Forbes
9.Environment and Parks, Glenn Wright
10.Transportation and Infrastructure, Buckley Belanger
11.Government Services and Public Works/Status of Women, Nicole White
12.Human Resources and Housing, Shane Lazarowich
13.Children and Family Development, Carla Beck
14.Education, Lyle Whitefish
15.Advanced Education, Training and Technology, Kathleen O'Reilly
16.Health, Government House Leader, Warren McCall
17.Municipal Affairs, Nicole Sarauer
18.Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs, Doyle Vermette
19.Justice and Public Safety, Cathy Sproule
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 03:27:45 PM »

Latest poll by Mainstreet shows a major narrowing of the gap

SP - 51% (down four from last week)
NDP - 37% (up four from last week)
Libs - 8%
Greens - 3%

http://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/ndp-gains-sk-party-still-wide-lead/

NB: This popular vote split would take us right back to 2007 when the NDP took 18 seats

The NDP got 20 seats in 2007. This polling is the best the NDP has been polling since 2011, they haven't really broke 30% until February of this year... a 9 point increase since the new year.

Regional Breakdown:
Regina - NDP 44% SP 44% - vs 2011 - NDP 40% SP 55%
Saskatoon - NDP 41% SP 53% - vs 2011 - NDP 37% SP 58%
Rest of SK - NDP - 33% SP 53%

Compare that to the 2007 Election in the two cities:
Regina - NDP 47% SP 35%
Saskatoon - NDP 41% SP 42%

If you look at the NDP's so far released platform, they are definitely trying to tap into the success the Liberals had federally.

I wrote about the similarity between the recent poll results and the 2007 election above. Does everybody have me on ignore?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 03:30:44 PM »

The NDP candidate, Clayton Wilson, actually tweeted 'SOME stupid farmers' not 'stupid farmers.'  I think that is a major distinction as it shows that in no way was Wilson implying that ALL farmers (or even many farmers) are stupid.

This 'gaffe' is really nothing more than an example of sensationalistic, dishonest journalism.  Shame that it comes from the CBC.  The CBC wins my 'dick of the day' award for this.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 04:00:18 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2016, 04:27:45 PM by Adam T »

Latest poll by Mainstreet shows a major narrowing of the gap

SP - 51% (down four from last week)
NDP - 37% (up four from last week)
Libs - 8%
Greens - 3%

http://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/ndp-gains-sk-party-still-wide-lead/

NB: This popular vote split would take us right back to 2007 when the NDP took 18 seats

The NDP got 20 seats in 2007. This polling is the best the NDP has been polling since 2011, they haven't really broke 30% until February of this year... a 9 point increase since the new year.

Regional Breakdown:
Regina - NDP 44% SP 44% - vs 2011 - NDP 40% SP 55%
Saskatoon - NDP 41% SP 53% - vs 2011 - NDP 37% SP 58%
Rest of SK - NDP - 33% SP 53%

Compare that to the 2007 Election in the two cities:
Regina - NDP 47% SP 35%
Saskatoon - NDP 41% SP 42%

If you look at the NDP's so far released platform, they are definitely trying to tap into the success the Liberals had federally.

I wrote about the similarity between the recent poll results and the 2007 election above. Does everybody have me on ignore?

HA, No... my only excuse is your post was 2 weeks ago and this is a new poll? Smiley

BUT comparing the two now, looks like the Liberal vote in both Regina and Saskatoon is what is helping to shift the votes but for two different parties?
Regina - NDP to 44% from 37%, Liberals down from 9% to 6% (green vote also dropped from 9% to 6% as well)
BUT in Saskatoon the SP increased from 45% to 53% while the Liberals dropped from 9% to 3%

Ah, thanks.  I wouldn't read too much into the breakdowns in Saskatoon or Regina.  The overall MOE for the poll is 2.6%, so, I think that's roughly 1,000 voters.  So, the total polled in Saskatoon and Regina are probably around 250 people each.

Also, as I pointed out in my previous post, the 2007 election result in Regina is skewed because a Sask Party candidate dropped out of the race and his named was removed from the ballot.  In the 2011 election in that riding I believe I wrote the Sask Party candidate got close to 60% of the vote there.  So, that probably caused the NDP to increase their vote total in Regina by maybe 1-2% overall and to drop the Sask Party by maybe 2-3%.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 08:37:00 AM »

What state are the Sask Liberals these days, or is their verging-on-10% share simply Trudeau-honeymoon party-label stuff?

They ran only 6 candidates in the last election and they've already nominated at least 50 this time around.

Their leader is the brother of Kevin Lamoureux, the very popular Winnipeg Liberal M.P.  In the last election their leader was  from North Battleford who subsequently got elected to the North Battleford city council in 2012.  

I don't know this for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me if he ran for the Liberals in the provincial election simply so that he could raise his profile to be able to run successfully in the municipal election.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2016, 04:45:35 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2016, 05:00:01 PM by Adam T »

I don't see the size of a legislature as a right/left issue. Harper added 30 seats to the House of Commons I guess he was a raving socialist! There should be some sort of formula or principle for how many people there are per seat within reason. Why should Saskatchewan have fewer citizens per riding than Manitoba

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Anyways, more bad news for the Sask NDP, their campaign manager, Frank Quennell was sacked.

Well, that's odd.  Frank Quennell is a long time respected New Democrat and was the Justice Minister from 2003-2007 (or for most of that time anyway.)

Edit: It's pretty clear why he had to go. Over the last 3 days, four NDP candidates had to step down over comments they made on either Facebook or Twitter, and unlike the deliberately misquoted comment by CBC of 'stupid farmers'  when he actually said 'some stupid farmers', for at least the three cases the offensiveness of the comments seem to be pretty clear.

The forth candidate Mark Jeworski said he dropped out for 'personal reasons.'

Interesting, the person behind the 'some stupid famers' comment, Clayton Wilson did make some genuinely offensive comments and is one of the candidates who was dropped.

One of the other candidates is Terry Bell and the final candidate removed from the NDP slate is Cameron Robock in Estevan.

I don't think any of these New Democrats are running in ridings that are all that winnable and three of them were pretty much last minute candidates nominated right before the election, but Cameron Robock was nominated more than one year ago.  So, at the very least, that he was vetted so poorly is completely inexcusable.

I certainly wouldn't have regarded any of those four as 'star' candidates, but Clayton Wilson worked part time as an SGI motorcycle riding instructor, which would be a completely different background from most politicians.

I suspect that dropping four candidates from a slate if under a week has to be some kind of record.  Hopefully for the NDP there are no more to come and they can quickly recover.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 12:42:35 AM »

This is my favorite post in the Atlas Forum ever.  Thanks!
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 01:57:54 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2016, 02:00:54 PM by Adam T »

Saskatchewan Liberal Candidates - 2016 Provincial Election

Saskatoon and suburbs
1Saskatoon-Westview, Naveed Anwar, Tax Consultant and Firm Owner, Former Saskatoon Open Door Society Director, B.Sc-Statistics, Math and Business, B.Sc-Economics,  2011 NDP Nominee, speaks five languages

2.Saskatoon Centre, Roman Todos,56, Private Security Guard, Former M.P Morris Bodnar Constituency Assistant 1994-1997, B.A-Sociology, Minor-Religious Studies, soccer manager and coach, former President and Director Saskatoon District Soccer Association

3.Saskatoon-Riversdale, Robert Rudachyk,48, Hallcon Crew Transport Regional Manager for Saskatchewan and former occupational health and safety coordinator,  former Community Association President, B.Sc-Biology, beekeeper, wood and amber carver, hunter and fisher

4.Saskatoon-Nutana, Robin Schneider, University of Saskatchewan Health Sciences Department Technician, Diploma-Cytotechnology (an area of medical diagnostics)

5.Saskatoon-Fairview, Shah Rukh, Owner SSG Safe Security Services (private security and detective services firm), former retail clothing store manager, B.Sc-Aeronautical Engineering

6.Saskatoon-Eastview, Ana Ashraf, Courier Company Owner, B.Sc-Nursing, scout leader

7.Saskatoon Southeast, Pradipta Das, Engineering Construction Consulting Firm Owner (Zest Enterprises Ltd) Former Alberta oilsands firm project manager and project lead financial controller, M.Sc-Project Management, M.B.A-Finance

8.Saskatoon-Meewasin, Constance Sacher, School Counselor and Former High School Humanities Teacher, former Educational Instructor,   B-Education (English and Special Education), M-Education (Educational Psychology)

9.Saskatoon-Silverspring-Sutherland, James Gorin, Canadian Light Source (non profit division of the University of Saskatchewan) Science Associate (Scientific Station Designer),  B.Sc-Engineering Physics, M.Sc-Physics

10.Saskatoon-Churchill-Wildwood, Chris Chovin, Combine World In Marketing Manager Optimization Analyst, former Saskatchewan Ministry of Economy Investment Attraction Unit Junior Market Researcher, B-Commerce (Recent Graduate), former Instrumentation Engineering Technology Student, cyclist, camper, hiker and canoeist

11.Saskatoon-University, Ezaz Jaseem, Small Business Owner, B.Sc-Agriculture (Hons)

12.Saskatoon-Willowgrove, Jason Gorin, Retail Business Department Manager

13.Saskatoon Northwest, Eric Steiner, Shaw Communications Television Producer, Director, Videographer and Editor, Video Production, Website Development and Graphic Design Firm Owner (Red Block Media), Diploma-Media Arts, 2011 Nominee

14.Saskatoon-Stonebridge-Dakota, Kevin Ber, Owner Martensville Corner Store and Saskatchewan Liquor Vendors Association Director

15.Martenville-Warman, Michael McAteer, I.T Technical Communication and Information Architect, Retired Bank Senior Financial Planner, B.A-East Asian Studies

Regina
1.Regina Rosemont, Reid Hill, Regina Honda Sales and Leasing Consultant, former Canadian Forces Reservist, B.A-History, Curler and Rotarian

2.Regina-Elphinstone-Centre, Patrick Denis, Non Profit Animal Rescue Group Human Resources Manager (Waggy Tails)

3.Regina-Pasqua, Darrin Lamoureux,49, Party Leader 2012-, Former Construction Company Owner, B.A-Economics, Brother of M.P Kevin Lamoureux

4.Regina-Douglas Park, Curt Schroeder, Computer Science and Environmental Science Instructor, Former wild animal park manager and former Executive Director Nature Saskatchewan, B.Sc-Zoology, PhD-Wildlife Conservation, Diploma-Eco Tourism, Diploma-Computer Science and New Media

5.Regina-Coronation Park, Tara Jijian, Single Parent, Husband killed in car accident

6.Regina-Rochdale, Nadeem Islam, Sutton Group Realtor, Former civil engineer and consultant, Pakistan Canadian Cultural Association of Regina Director, B.Sc-Civil Engineering

7.Regina-Gardiner Park, Jesse Albanez, Mortgage Professional, former Wascana Rehabilitation Centre Manager Unit 2-6

8.Regina-Lakeview, Stewart Kerr, Saskatchewan Ministry of Social Services Accounts Receivable Unit Employee, Former Regina Housing Authority Assistant Contract Administrator,  B.A-History (Hons) (recent graduate)., President University of Regina Young Liberals, Certificate-Wildnerness Leadership, Royal Regina Rifles Reservist

9.Regina-University, Silvia Volodka, Self Employed Immigrant Settlement Adviser, former secondary school teacher, President Multinational Association of Russian Speaking Residents of Regina, Russian Sunday School Director

10.Regina-Northeast, Hafeez Chuadhuri, Retail Furniture Business Sales Consultant and Furniture Store Startup Owner, former immigration consultant, B.Sc-,  Law Degree, 2011 Provincial NDP Candidate for nomination, 2011 Provincial Independent Candidate, 2015 Federal Conservative Party Candidate for nomination

11.Regina-Walsh Acres, Reina Sinclair, Silver Sage Housing Corporation Community Manager and ISC Customer Support Technician , President Aboriginal Peoples Commission of Saskatchewan,  former Communications and Business Administration Student, 1993 Federal Liberal Nominee and 1999 Provincial Nominee

12.Regina-Wascana Plains, Gulraiz Tariq, Skyways Trucking Accounting Director (Family Business), Enactus Regina Vice President of Development (non profit student organization), Business Administration Student, 1A Drivers License, Former Royal Canadian Air Cadets Sargeant,  Glider Pilot

Smaller Cities
1.Moose Jaw North, Brenda Colenutt,58, Compass Group of Companies Mosaic Place Concourse Head Supervisor,  Wakamow Aboriginal Community Association Director, 2012 City Council Candidate

2.Moose Jaw Wakamow, Terry Gabel, Former Warehouse and Product Manager and former freelance writer and editor, Moose Jaw Public Library Board Chair and Municipal Planning Commission Board of Revision Chair, B.A-English, 2012 City Council Candidate

3.Prince Albert-Carleton, Winston McKay,73, Former Natural Resources Worker and Former President Metis Addictions Council of Saskatchewan, former school trustee and mayor of Cumberland House in the 1970s

4.Prince Albert-Northcote, Jonathan Fraser,22, Retail Store Associate

5.Swift Current, Glenn Smith

6.Yorkton, Aaron C. Sinclair, Sakimay First Nation Councillor, Studied Telecommunications, Business Administration and Aboriginal Justice

7.The Battlefords, Dexter Gopher,26, Whiterock Gas and Confectionary Business Manager (Family Business), former foreman BTO Contracting and Harbors and former heavy equipment operator, Certificate-4th Class Power Engineer, Wrestler (Regional Gold Medal Winner), mother ran for NDP in Cut Knife-Turtleford in 2011
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2016, 02:34:07 PM »

Small Cities/Rural
1.Estevan, Oscar Karkabatov, Parachute Candidate - lives in Regina

2.Lloydminster, Dolores Pahtayken, Former Saskatchewan Corrections Public Safety and Policing Youth Care Facility Worker, Studied Education and Business Administration, Onion Lake Cree Nation Councillor 2010-, minor ball player, hunter and fisher

3.Weyburn-Big Muddy, Dylan Hart

North
1.Athabasca, Michael Wolverine, Businessperson

2.Cumberland, George Morin, Semi Retired, former Human Resource Management Economic and Community Development Civil Servant, Former Saskatchewan Public Service Commission Human Resource Management Consultant, former trapper, fisher and hunter, Studied Education and Administration, 2011 Federal Green Party Nominee

Rural North
1.Saskatchewan Rivers, Brenda McKnight, Singer Songwriter and Musical Instruments Player, Former Self Employed Bookkeeper and Accountant

2.Batoche, Graham Tweeten, Nissan Dealership Operations Manager, Certificate-Parts Management Technician

3.Meadow Lake, Eric McCrimmon,20, Math Tutor, Commerce Student, soccer player and bagpipe player

4.Rosthern-Shellbroook, Orrin Greyeyes, Security, Safety, Construction and Consulting Businesses Owner (at different times), Muskeg Lake Cree Nation Urban Councillor 2009-2015, 2010 and 2015 FSIN Vice Chief Candidate (ran for this position in the 1990s as well), Former RCMP Special Constable Program Student

5.Cut Knife-Turtleford, Rod Gopher, General Manager Carlton Housing, Former Provincial Government Aboriginal Economic Development Senior Policy Analyst, Salteaux First Nation Band Councillor, Diploma-Business Management

6.Melfort, Bruce Ber, Martensville Corner Store Manager, former oilfield worker, brother of  Kevin Ber, Parachute Candidate-lives in Saskatoon

7.Carrot River Valley, Karalasingham Sadadcharam, CPA and Senior Financial Controller Canadian Business Resources Group, Parachute Candidate-lives in Saskatoon

East Central (former known as 'Red Square')
1.Melville-Saltcoats, Igor Riabchyk, Century 21 Realtor, Former civil servant immigration division of Ministry of Advanced Education, Employment and Immigration, former professor and university marketing department chair in Ukraine, B.A-Economics and Management, PhD-Marketing, Parachute Candidate-lives in Regina

2.Canora-Pelly, Kyle Budz, High School Physical Education and Science and Biology Teacher,  B-Education and Exercise Science, M.A-Sport and Athletic Administration, Certified Coach, hiker

3.Last Mountain-Touchwood, David Buchocik, Sask Power Employee

4.Humboldt-Watrous, Robert Tutka, Truck Driver

5.Kelvington-Wadena, Bernie Yuzdepski, Retired Curling Club Manager, Studied Elementary Education and Teaching, 1978 Canadian Mixed Team Curling Champion, 1986, 1999, 2005 and 2007 Provincial Liberal Candidate in different ridings, Parachute Candidate-Lives in Saskatoon

South West and Central West
1.Kindersley, Darren Donald, Retail Employee

2.Rosetown-Elrose, Adrian Janssens, Rosetown Airport Seasonal Employee - Refueling and Mixing Chemicals,  former Heartland Health Region Communications Coordinator and former broadcaster, former employment training facilitator, music composition and drama student

3.Cypress Hills, Charles Tait

4.Arm River, Russ Collicott, Construction Manager and former Fort McMurray (Alberta) Construction Association President, 2011 Federal Liberal Candidate (Palliser), 2004 Alberta Provincial Liberal Candidate, 

5.Lumsden-Morse, Gerry Hiebert, Retired New Westminster and Lower Mainland B.C, Multi Hospital System CEO, B-Commerce, former Palliser Liberal Constituency Association President

6.Wood River, Edward Ives, EVRAZ (Formerly IPSCO) Steelworker, Parachute Candidate-Lives in Regina

7.Biggar-Sask Valley, Faiza Kanwal

South East
1.Indian Head-Milestone, David Delainey, Electrician (recently completed apprenticeship)

2.Moosomin, Janice Palmer, Health Care Information Manager

3.Cannington, Patrick Dennie, Project Management Executive and Consulting Firm Owner, Canadian Forces Veteran, Certificate-Engineering and Design, Parachute Candidate-Lives in Regina
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2016, 02:40:22 PM »

Proposed Liberal Cabinet
1.Premier, Federal-Provincial Relations, Justice and Public Safety, Darrin Lamoureux
2.Finance, Naveed Anwar
3.Economic Development and Trade, Shah Rukh
4.Tourism, Small Business and Culture, Brenda Colenutt
5.Labour, Immigration and Citizenship, Status of Women, Silvia Volodka
6.Natural Resources, Orrin Greyeyes
7.Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources, Northern Affairs, Michael Wolverine
8.Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Kyle Budz
9.Environment and Climate Change, James Gorin
10.Transportation and Infrastructure, Pradipta Das
11.Government Services and Public Works, Janice Palmer
12.Human Resources and Housing, Jesse Albanez
13.Children and Family Development, Reina Sinclair
14.Education, Constance Sacher
15.Advanced Education, Training and Technology, Curt Schroeder
16.Health, Gerry Hiebert
17.Municipal Affairs, Roman Todos
18.Aboriginal Relations, Rod Gopher
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2016, 08:59:51 PM »

Remarkable how similar the polls have been

The handful of polls were remarkably similarly wrong in 1999, so let's hope history repeats itself.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 11:33:55 PM »

I understand Donald Trump is devastated with the result as he was hoping Brad Wall would lose and then Trump would put him between the U.S border and Mexico and get Mexico to pay for it.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 11:58:03 AM »

New NDP Caucus
1.Regina-Rosemont, Trent Wotherspoon,37, Regina Public Schools Employee, Former High School Teacher, M.L.A 2007-

2.Regina-Elphinstone-Centre, Warren McCall,43, M.P Executive Assistant, Former Lifeguard and Swimming Instructor and Union Activist, M.L.A 2001- and Cabinet Minister

3.Regina-Lakeview, Carla Beck, Social Worker and Assistant Executive Director Regina Transition House, School Trustee, M.L.A 2016-

4.Regina-Douglas Park, Nicole Sarauer,31, Pro Bono Lawyer and Pro Bono Law Society Programs Manager, Catholic School Trustee, M.L.A 2016-

5.Saskatoon-Riversdale, Danielle Chartier, Saskatchewan Department of Labour Employee, former journalist, M.L.A 2009-

6.Saskatoon Centre, David Forbes,59, Elementary School Vice Principal, former Union Local Executive, M.L.A 2001- and Cabinet Minister

7.Saskatoon-Nutana, Cathy Sproule, Federal Government Aboriginal Lawyer, Co-Owner Nesslin Lake Campground, M.L.A 2011-

8.Prince Albert-Northcote, Nicole Rancourt,39, Mental Health and Addictions Social Worker and Anger Management Group Facilitator, Union Activist, M.L.A 2016-

9.Athabasca, Buckley Belanger,56, Missinippi Broadcast Corporation Broadcaster, Producer and Adminstrator, Mayor of Ile a La Crosse, M.L.A 1995- and Cabinet Minister (Liberal M.L.A 1995-1998)

10.Cumberland, Doyle Vermette, School Trustee and Town Councillor, M.L.A 2008-

Proposed Shadow Cabinet
1.Party Leader, Cam Broten?Huh

2.Finance/Deputy Leader, Trent Wotherspoon

3.Economic Development and Trade/Tourism, Small Business and Culture, Cathy Sproule

4.Natural Resources/Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources, Buckley Belanger

5.Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs/Environment, Nicole Rancourt

6.Transportation and Infrastructure/Government Services and Public Works, David Forbes

7.Children and Family Development/Human Resources and Housing, Carla Beck

8.Education/Advanced Education, Training and Technology, Danielle Chartier

9.Health/House Leader, Warren McCall

10.Aboriginal and Northern Affairs/Municipal Affairs, Doyle Vermette

11.Justice and Public Safety/Labour, Immigration and Citizenship/Status of Women, Nicole Sarauer

My guess as to the likeliest leadership contenders should Cam Broten step down
1.Trent Wothersoon
2.Cathy Sproule
3.Ryan Meili
4.Warren McCall???
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies