The Great Global Warming Swindle (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:20:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  The Great Global Warming Swindle (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Great Global Warming Swindle  (Read 3910 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: March 19, 2007, 01:10:42 AM »
« edited: March 19, 2007, 01:19:55 AM by Supersoulty »

BTW, this is the kind of graph that J.J. claims has no statistically significant correlation. When temperature suddenly shoots up this century, it'll be just due to chance, and not due to that huge increase in CO2.

Here is a different plot of some of the same data.

Again, by your own chart, you have temperatures dropping about 140,000 to 110,000 BP while CO2 stays roughly the same.  Likewise, you have temperature rising about 170,000 while CO2 is dropping, and then dropping as CO2 is rising.  325,000 to roughly 375,000 BP you have temperature decreasing while CO2 increases.

Something else in involved, and we can rule out industrial activities (there weren't any).

Not to mention the period of time around 350,000 YA when the rise in CO2 levels clearly trails the rise in global temperature.

And let us not forget the Gold Rule of Statistics, whihc is probably the only thing in that class that made sense to me... Correlation does not imply causality.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 02:11:58 AM »
« Edited: March 19, 2007, 02:18:20 AM by Supersoulty »

http://www.tmgnow.com/repository/solar/lassen1.html

Graph of sunspots (red) and global temp.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 04:59:15 PM »

Honestly, I'm really not saying that there is no connection, and now that I have watched the movie the whole way through, I think it does go a little too far in its conclusion (except for the part about developing countries, because I think that was dead on).  However, I don't think that the level of alam that has been raised on this issue is even close to being warrented.  Manmade greenhouse gases might raise the global temp a degree, but that is far from a disaster, and as I have made the point often, that would be far from the highest temperatures the Earth has seen, even in the time that man has been here.  Look at the Maximum that occured during the Bronze Age, we still have a ways to go to achieve that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies