The political polarization of religious and non-religious people in America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:58:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  The political polarization of religious and non-religious people in America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The political polarization of religious and non-religious people in America  (Read 1168 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 10, 2013, 07:53:45 PM »
« edited: February 10, 2013, 07:55:41 PM by suede denim secret police »

(and is why white Catholics are still much more Democratic than white Protestants, even if both voted for Romney).

That's because the numbers are heavily skewed by the South.

(and is why white Catholics are still much more Democratic than white Protestants, even if both voted for Romney).

Don't let BRTD know this. Tongue

How do you think Catholic-turned-Protestants and Protestant-turned-Catholics voted?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 12:15:18 PM »

It seems that basically only olds go to Catholic Mass regularly.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 01:58:33 PM »

Some mainline churches are actually pretty good at that. For example this church is Methodist: http://iamembrace.com

My parents' church also has a relatively high number of youngs too especially considering the city it's in.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 02:12:20 PM »

BRTD, is that the church that schedules its services based upon the area code it's in?

Yes. If a church here did that they'd start at 6:12PM, which is actually a nice kind of quirky touch.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 02:16:54 PM »

BRTD, is that the church that schedules its services based upon the area code it's in?

Yes. If a church here did that they'd start at 6:12PM, which is actually a nice kind of quirky touch.

You say quirky, I say pretentious and difficult to schedule around. (It is, admittedly, quirky as well as those things.) Then again the fact that they have services in the evening at all is a blessing to those of us who, er, really aren't what you'd call morning people, shall we say.

Incidentally there is a church here that I have gone to that also has its services at 6:05PM, the reasoning basically being that if the target demographic intends to go somewhere at 6PM it's quite likely they'll be a little late (true).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies