Nancy Mace gets defensive when Stephanopoulos grills her on support for Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 06:55:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Nancy Mace gets defensive when Stephanopoulos grills her on support for Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nancy Mace gets defensive when Stephanopoulos grills her on support for Trump  (Read 990 times)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« on: March 11, 2024, 01:47:47 PM »

Trump is on video recording saying he sexually assaults women. The Republicans long ago decided they don't care.

Never forget this.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 05:32:28 PM »

I don't like what George did here to be honest, I think more kindness is needed when dealing with victims of sexual assault and this was beyond borderline to cruel triggering behavior. While Nancy Mace the politician and Nancy Mace the rape survivor might seem like two different people they're not. If George was going to to ask this question he should have brought it up prior to the interview. Then Nancy Mace could have decided if she was comfortable answering it or even decline the interview.

None of this excuses that Donald Trump is an admitted predator. But asking a woman who was raped to account for another rapist is patriarchal bullcrap.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 07:24:39 PM »

I don't like what George did here to be honest, I think more kindness is needed when dealing with victims of sexual assault and this was beyond borderline to cruel triggering behavior. While Nancy Mace the politician and Nancy Mace the rape survivor might seem like two different people they're not. If George was going to to ask this question he should have brought it up prior to the interview. Then Nancy Mace could have decided if she was comfortable answering it or even decline the interview.

None of this excuses that Donald Trump is an admitted predator. But asking a woman who was raped to account for another rapist is patriarchal bullcrap.

If it's ok to ask a gay politician why he supports anti-gay policies then I don's see why it's not ok to ask a rape victim why she supports a convicted rapist. You can't have it both ways unless there is a very good explanation and Mace instead of trying to provide one she preferred to debase herself saying that a civil trial conviction of rape is somehow less valid than a criminal one.

I'm no fan of Nancy Mace And her politics but society has evolved and continues to work on the appropriate ways to discuss sexual assault, especially with survivors of that trauma.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 08:10:45 PM »

I'm no fan of Nancy Mace And her politics but society has evolved and continues to work on the appropriate ways to discuss sexual assault, especially with survivors of that trauma.

Mace not only defended a convicted rapist, she attacked his victim and insinuated that she only pursued her case against Trump to make money. There should be zero sympathy for her.

But her reaction after being put on the spot has nothing to do with what George Stephanopoulos did being right or wrong, especially as an example going forward.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies