Trump/RNC want to change debate dates - UPDATE: CPD says no changes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:35:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump/RNC want to change debate dates - UPDATE: CPD says no changes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump/RNC want to change debate dates - UPDATE: CPD says no changes  (Read 1394 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 31, 2016, 01:13:05 PM »

Honestly, it's not unreasonable to request that debates don't overlap with NFL games. If anything, that would mean more people will watch them.

Yeah, I agree.  One of the few times I've agreed with Trump on something.

The concern with an overlap with NFL games  (Sunday) I can understand.
But I question if you can get more of an audience during the week, vs the weekend.
People work during the week, some work at night, some come home and are too tired or busy with home chores & family (kids) .... so maybe the weekend will have a bigger chance for a larger viewership.
Maybe Saturday would be OK, but not Sundays ?
Just throwing it all out there, I'm not certain on any of this.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 02:45:16 PM »

Honestly, it's not unreasonable to request that debates don't overlap with NFL games. If anything, that would mean more people will watch them.

Yeah, I agree.  One of the few times I've agreed with Trump on something.

The concern with an overlap with NFL games  (Sunday) I can understand.
But I question if you can get more of an audience during the week, vs the weekend.
People work during the week, some work at night, some come home and are too tired or busy with home chores & family (kids) .... so maybe the weekend will have a bigger chance for a larger viewership.
Maybe Saturday would be OK, but not Sundays ?
Just throwing it all out there, I'm not certain on any of this.

Sunday is a great TV day, but a debate up against Giants-Packers on NBC will definitely cut into the audience.

Oh wow.
I didn't know it was a Giants vs Packers match-up.
That would definitely not be good.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies