Trump/RNC want to change debate dates - UPDATE: CPD says no changes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:14:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump/RNC want to change debate dates - UPDATE: CPD says no changes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump/RNC want to change debate dates - UPDATE: CPD says no changes  (Read 1381 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2016, 02:58:37 PM »

Why don't they just change the NFL game dates? I mean seriously, I think it's pretty clear that one matters more than the other.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2016, 03:01:11 PM »

The debates are on a Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday. I don't think there is a single Sunday or Monday in the fall there there isn't an NFL game.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2016, 03:04:41 PM »

Why don't they just change the NFL game dates? I mean seriously, I think it's pretty clear that one matters more than the other.

lol, a silly debate that is just going to reinforce people's beliefs or the always reliable Green Bay Packers in primetime. Roll Eyes
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2016, 03:23:24 PM »

Millions and Millions of dollars. The Sunday Night Football package on NBC is worth $950 million a season to the NFL. It's worth every penny for NBC, who gets some of the highest ratings of the week for the telecast.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2016, 03:34:29 PM »

These debates will be over at 10:30 ET.  Both the Monday night and Sunday night games will still be in the 3rd Quarter.   

It's not that big a conflict that we should have to move anything.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2016, 04:25:56 PM »

Maybe Hillary and Trump could debate on the field during halftime, timeouts, and injuries. That way, no one would have to miss either or even change the channel.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2016, 04:30:15 PM »

To be honest, I'm probably going to watch the Packers over the second debate. Tongue
cMac36
Rookie
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2016, 07:35:52 PM »

Tickets sold and TV Networks and advertisers have already paid out in the tens of millions for that game.  Think about what really makes the World tick dudes.  You can't bully the NFL into not playing on Sunday of all days for Christ's sake.  It is strong enough to withstand particularly in this case.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2016, 04:43:26 PM »

was watching With All Due Respect and the guy who interviewed Trump for WaPo (talking about Ryan and McCain) said they also talked debates and according to him, Trump very much does not want Gary Johnson or Jill Stein in the debates.

We will find out more when WaPo releases the full interview
RFK Jr.’s Brain Worm
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2016, 05:42:43 PM »

Maybe Hillary and Trump could debate on the field during halftime, timeouts, and injuries. That way, no one would have to miss either or even change the channel.

Their breaks are long enough. That would be interesting to see.

There really isn't a way to avoid a football game and have it on a day that people actually watch TV.
OwlRhetoric

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2016, 05:51:51 PM »

Agreed, combining the two events is the only logical solution. We should just put the candidates in armored suits and have them beat on each other while rolling around in the grass. Everybody pays lip service to wanting a substantive debate on issues, but you know what would get more views.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies