Warren dodges questions on Bernie for 5 minutes straight (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:30:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Warren dodges questions on Bernie for 5 minutes straight (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Warren dodges questions on Bernie for 5 minutes straight  (Read 2864 times)
#gravelgang #lessiglad
Serious_Username
United States

« on: June 09, 2017, 09:50:42 AM »

This thread is pretty much why BernieBros were never believed when they said that Hillary's mistake was not being more of a populist. If a woman is left, she's too far left. If she's center, she's a neoliberal shill. In reality the reactions have nothing to do with their positions, they're about sexism.

Most Sanders people like Warren.  Don't take a few retards on Twitter as representative of the entire base.

(I for one do not deny that there is a stigma against being a woman in academia or politics, and especially both.  Hence shtposts like the one I quoted above.)

Fair enough. But while some people are consistent, many progressive-aligned "bros" tend to give establishment men, like Obama, Biden, Schumer, Menendez, Carper, a pass, while NOT giving the same to establishment women, like Hillary, DWS, or Dianne Feinstein. And since progressive men or women of any stripe rarely win, this leaves women in politics in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type situation.
While I'll withhold judgment on the other two due to not being a Democrat, I truly believe that had a man been chair of the DNC and behaved the way DWS did, that man would not have gotten a free pass, either.

Perez is just as hated as DWS. There's no sexism.
I don't think anyone could run that party and hold an 80% approval rating within the party anymore, except maybe Barack Obama, who would never do it. Why is that so much harder for Dems? Reince Priebus never got this level of hate.

Not for nothing, but Michael Steele got a lot of hate. It's hard to disentangle his race from some of his missteps in managing the RNC, particularly its funds, however.

And people also seem more or less fond of Dean's tenure, while looking negatively on Kaine's.

I'm not even sure if I have a point other than, it might be harder to hold positions of authority within a party as an underrepresented group, but then again, our data set isn't wide enough to isolate those variables from other variables that could be driving dissatisfaction with those individuals (in DWS/Kaine's case: sizeable party losses/non-neutral primary behavior; in Steele's case: fiscal mismanagement).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies