Warren dodges questions on Bernie for 5 minutes straight (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:48:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Warren dodges questions on Bernie for 5 minutes straight (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Warren dodges questions on Bernie for 5 minutes straight  (Read 2867 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« on: June 04, 2017, 08:38:52 PM »

Warren's literal best case scenario in the general is losing the NPV by 10%, and she could lose by as much as 20%. Enough Said.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 01:27:17 AM »

Theeeeere's a lot to unpack here.

1) Last I knew (Wulfric's precious endorsements excepted) Atlas opinion has little impact on reality.
2) IA polls showed a narrow HRC lead. I distinctly remember everyone being surprised when Sanders tied.
3) The campaign had enough money to keep going long past super Tuesday. You can check the FEC filings if you want.
4) Momentum is not real. Journalists like to talk about it, but it has no relationship with reality. Losing NV was hard, and perhaps a turning point of the campaign, but not in the way you describe.
5) Really? Colorado as a swing state? HRC and Bill campaigning everywhere? You know Bernie was campaigning places too.
6) I hate to be this guy, but I really think I have more reliable sources on what the campaign was thinking at the time than what Tad Devine was doing with the expectations game on TV.
7) Who in their right mind thought Sanders would lose Hawaii. Each campaign sent like, two staffers there because we knew it was in the bag for Bernie.
8 ) Gabbard is a Glenn Beck of the left, not the right. She made her career, Beet (for once) is right. She will not be the 2020 nominee though, because she'll only take y'alls support.

on 7), there were many people on Atlas who believed that Hillary was likely to win Hawaii because it was Obama's birth state (Obama was implicitly endorsing Hillary from the start) and because it is dominated by minorities. Certainly the very large margin by which Sanders won was a surprise to most users.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies