racists disrupt peace activists speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 07:14:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  racists disrupt peace activists speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: racists disrupt peace activists speech  (Read 1039 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 20, 2016, 07:31:41 AM »
« edited: January 20, 2016, 08:36:24 AM by dead0man »

Yet again a bunch of racists, this time in Europe but it happens all over the world, violently protested outside a university speaking hall.  The speaking guest had the nerve to disagree with them over a political issue.  Smashing windows, throwing chairs, setting off fire alarms repeatedly, eventually getting the event shut down.  You've got to hand it to the racists, able to consistently shut down the free speech of others because they disagree with them politically, rarely if ever getting in any trouble with the authorities for their illegal action.

link-King's College London fracas

U of Minn. a couple of months ago

and one at UT-Austin

and another at U Windsor

All three of those happened in Nov.  There are hundreds more examples.  Why isn't anybody talking about this?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 08:29:20 AM »

Why isn't anybody talking about this?
Because we have unfortunately become used to this sort of idiocy taking place on college campuses. Next question?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:38:54 AM »

Do we just ignore it then?  Wouldn't at least pointing it out from time to time be a good thing?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 02:42:17 PM »

Do we just ignore it then?  Wouldn't at least pointing it out from time to time be a good thing?
We just had a thread about insufferable college students over on USGD.  Indeed, you posted in it.  If it relieves your tension to talk about such things, have at it, but talk by itself ain't going to accomplish anything beyond that.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 04:36:48 PM »

left-wing trash being left-wing trash.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 03:26:25 AM »

We aren't talking about this because campus politics is boring and irrelevent to the real world.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 04:08:29 AM »

Misleading title.

Should be "Racists disrupt pro-Israel speech" or whatever. Not than it change anything.

Well, I'm agreeing with dead0man 99% here, I just have issues with calling a former chief of the secret services a "peace activist".
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2016, 08:04:17 AM »

We aren't talking about this because campus politics is boring and irrelevent to the real world.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 09:37:16 AM »

Misleading title.

Should be "Racists disrupt pro-Israel speech" or whatever. Not than it change anything.

Well, I'm agreeing with dead0man 99% here, I just have issues with calling a former chief of the secret services a "peace activist".

I mean, he is both a former chief of the secret services and a peace activist. He seems to have massive disagreements with the way the system is currently run.

That's my big problem with a lot of campus BDS. They don't want Israel to reform, they want it to stop existing.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 01:33:28 AM »

Misleading title.

In this case, Ayalon has a history of peanik activity and left-wing views (though then again that's the case for most ex-Shabak heads.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 02:10:58 PM »

Misleading title.

I mean, he is both a former chief of the secret services and a peace activist. He seems to have massive disagreements with the way the system is currently run.

That's my big problem with a lot of campus BDS. They don't want Israel to reform, they want it to stop existing.

[citation needed]

I'm not saying it's not the case that some think this, but they would seem to be the overwhelming minority. Are there any in particular which you were thinking of?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies