NJ-GOV 2021 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:06:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-GOV 2021 megathread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NJ-GOV 2021 megathread  (Read 52535 times)
kwabbit

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2021, 12:00:12 PM »

Ciattarelli won Sayreville, South Amboy and held Woodbridge to 5%.....Democrats need to work harder here....

That area was once McGreevey-Corzine country....what happened?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fo4_yxZMc_6gxHWseCO6QPARhj7O35FnXdPU8OfbQfQ/edit#gid=759796571

Those areas are WWC. As machine politics have declined and trends have progressed in the last 20 years, there’s not much to compel these voters to vote D. Middlesex County is decent ground for Republicans going forward. It’s educated and diverse, but that’s the composite of a lot of very educated Indian areas not particularly heavy in educated Whites and working class White areas like Sayreville and Hispanic cities like NB and Perth Amboy. Overall there’s just not a lot of places that can be expected to trend leftward.

I think Pallone’s district in its current form would be very close in 2022. The more familiar that I become with the area through redistributing, the more I realize a Republican district could be created through Southeast Middlesex and North Monmouth.
kwabbit

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2021, 12:15:17 PM »

Ciattarelli won Sayreville, South Amboy and held Woodbridge to 5%.....Democrats need to work harder here....

That area was once McGreevey-Corzine country....what happened?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fo4_yxZMc_6gxHWseCO6QPARhj7O35FnXdPU8OfbQfQ/edit#gid=759796571

Those areas are WWC. As machine politics have declined and trends have progressed in the last 20 years, there’s not much to compel these voters to vote D. Middlesex County is decent ground for Republicans going forward. It’s educated and diverse, but that’s the composite of a lot of very educated Indian areas not particularly heavy in educated Whites and working class White areas like Sayreville and Hispanic cities like NB and Perth Amboy. Overall there’s just not a lot of places that can be expected to trend leftward.

I think Pallone’s district in its current form would be very close in 2022. The more familiar that I become with the area through redistributing, the more I realize a Republican district could be created through Southeast Middlesex and North Monmouth.

Health care? Jobs? Middlesex Democrats may oust Kevin McCabe, how could he let this be? This would have never happened under former Middlesex Democratic boss John A. Lynch Jr.--and his dad, John Sr.

American politics has shifted from a class based axis to a cultural based axis in that time. These areas aren’t that poor, but they are quite old-school/hard-knock whatever you want to call it. Not particularly welcoming to ‘wokism’.

I wouldn’t call them pro-police like Staten Island or Long Island definitely is, using an issue you like to discuss, but the streets aren’t lined with BLM signs in East Brunswick the way they are in Princeton. These areas aren’t right wing or conservative or full of poor resentful Whites, they just aren’t the type of places that are repulsed by Trumps demeanor or attracted to liberal professionalism.
kwabbit

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2021, 03:48:41 PM »

It's pretty remarkable how Somerset still managed to swing D from 2017 despite what happened statewide.

Why has Somerset been so Democratic for an affluent white county.......compared to Morris?

Somerset’s a lot less White. Places like Franklin Park which is 20% of Somerset are very diverse.
kwabbit

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2021, 04:55:56 PM »

It's pretty remarkable how Somerset still managed to swing D from 2017 despite what happened statewide.

Why has Somerset been so Democratic for an affluent white county.......compared to Morris?

Somerset’s a lot less White. Places like Franklin Park which is 20% of Somerset are very diverse.

Also Montgomery Township, which borders Princeton.

Montgomery is Morris like demographics. Asian and White, not many Black or Hispanic voters. Like a Princeton-lite.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies