Hillary Unleashes Hounds of War on Donald Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:14:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Unleashes Hounds of War on Donald Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary Unleashes Hounds of War on Donald Trump  (Read 2287 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« on: May 12, 2016, 04:55:33 PM »

What do you guys think is the best strategy?  She definitely needs to attack and can't ignore a lot of his BS, but how should she attack and what should she respond to?

I like what someone said earlier about portraying him as a con man and running Romney-Bain esque commercials about Trump University.  I think that's by far the strongest lane of attack.

I think you have to touch on the racist and sexist stuff he's said but in a very particular way that doesn't reinforce his image as an entertaining straight talker.  I also think if you get too personal or accuse him of corruption in certain ways it could very easily backfire based on Hillary's history.

I think focusing on him being manifestly unqualified is good but you have to be able to counter his positive image as an "anti-establishment" outsider.

Any thoughts?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 04:56:49 PM »

I should add that I liked this commercial mentioned in the article because it really is edited to make Trump look like an idiot but that imo she's got to be careful about using Republicans criticizing him as an argument because it could reinforce his image as a "moderate" "anti-establishment" type.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 08:31:42 PM »

I think a combination of "con man," "bull in a china shop," and "big baby" are the way to go, personally.

Explain big baby?  That could be dangerous because it's the left that's traditionally stereotyped as whiny.

I assume he means thin-skinned and petty and narcisistically/defensively temperamental.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies