My dream about the 2016 election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 03:13:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  My dream about the 2016 election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My dream about the 2016 election  (Read 485 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 12, 2016, 12:57:44 PM »

I had a dream where it was Clinton/Kaine vs. Cruz/Walker, and the election tied 269-269 because both VPs carried their home states for the ticket. Don Young said some stupid sh**t resulting in a Democratic pickup, Earl Pomeroy made a last-minute comeback in ND, combined with some poorly chosen losses elsewhere led to Republicans controlling only 25 state delegations in the 115th Congress (even though they maintain control of the House), along with losing the Senate due to two Democrats advancing in the jungle primary in Louisiana (Ds gained IL, WI, FL, and LA). Thus, the D Senate elects Tim Kaine Vice President and the House deadlocks on electing a President, so Tim Kaine becomes Acting President on January 21. The next two years are a complete disaster and Republicans make massive gains in the 2018 midterms, so the new House elects Ted Cruz as the President. Democrats charge that the new House doesn't have the authority to elect a President, because the responsibility was with the old House which failed to carry it out, so Kaine went from Acting President to full President when the new Congress was sworn in on January 3, 2019. The case Cruz v. Kaine goes before the Supreme Court, but unfortunately they're all blown up by ISIS before they can come to a decision. Cruz and Kaine both attempt to nominate entirely new Supreme Courts, but neither is universally recognized as President and the hostility between the two sides only grows deeper, and finally a civil war between Ted Cruz and Tim Kaine erupts during the summer of 2019.

That was when I woke up Tongue
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 12:59:35 PM »

Wow......my dreams are a lot less interesting.  I don't think that's very likely, though.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 01:05:07 PM »

This sure beats wet dreams. Smiley
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 01:12:08 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2020, 07:04:07 PM by bagelman »

Hillary Clinton (D-NY) / Tim Kaine (D-VA) 269

Ted Cruz (R-TX) / Scott Walker (R-WI) 269

I wonder who would have won Cruz vs. Kaine if ISIS didn't successfully attack them. Honestly I think Cruz would have won.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 04:30:40 PM »

I had a dream that the ticket was Clinton/Mario Cuomo Jr. (looked like Mario Cuomo but was decidedly not Mario Cuomo) vs. Trump/Gingrich. I woke up before I got a map, but it looked like a strong Clinton win as Cuomo was a firey opponent for Trump and Gingrich.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies