Arson attack at refugee hostel in Ireland (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:17:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Arson attack at refugee hostel in Ireland (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arson attack at refugee hostel in Ireland  (Read 991 times)
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« on: December 21, 2023, 04:02:16 PM »

As many Irish people themselves have pointed out; the Irish having an issue with others seeking refuge or immigrating is especially rich. Hopefully the vast majority of Ireland, whom I firmly believe to be of saner heads, will swiftly clamp down on these thugs.

Why is that rich, I mean I get why a stupid person would find it rich, but here’s the thing… the Irish are descendants of the people who didn’t leave the island, they did not get refuge elsewhere they tough it out.

“You Don’t Get to Be Racist and Irish,” “We emigrated/We immigrated/We took refuge/So cannot refuse/When it’s our time/ To return the favor.”

*Unless you ask them about the Jewish Question.

Ireland collaborated with the Nazis in World War II. They rejected taking in Jewish orphans during the Holocaust. And even now, the majority of Irish people are pro-Hamas.

The last one is… debatable. Even Shinners (very reluctantly and very whataboutishly) condemned Hamas, just like they (very reluctantly and very whataboutishly) condemned Putin last year. But you’re right about the rest and it’s really just the top of the iceberg. De Valera literally signed Hitler’s condolence book after his suicide. The most important foreign policy issue in 1930s Ireland — other than the de Valera’s bright idea to start a trade war with Britain — was FF and FG trying to one up each other as to who is a bigger supporter of Francisco Franco. Ireland even sent a volunteer contingent to Spain to fight on Franco’s side.
Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 02:56:54 PM »

“You Don’t Get to Be Racist and Irish,” “We emigrated/We immigrated/We took refuge/So cannot refuse/When it’s our time/ To return the favor.”

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Mary Lou McDonald: Ukrainian refugees not working in ‘critical’ jobs should not automatically be allowed to stay

In a hardening of party policy, the Sinn Féin leader said it was a ‘mistake’ to afford special status to Ukrainians. She said that those without key jobs should be made to apply for asylum – and called for deportations to be expedited.

She said: ‘I’m very struck by the fact that lots of people that I talked to, who are good people, reasonable people, who want to do the right thing and want their Government to do the right thing, are very concerned about housing, they’re very concerned. ‘They say, well, I’m on a housing list, or my daughter or my grandchild can’t get accommodated. So how is this going to work, when more people are coming to the country? There’s a real sense that the Government doesn’t have a plan. And I think that has caused angst and concern for some people.’

The Department of Integration has not used social or affordable housing to accommodate Ukrainian refugees, who are instead housed in hotels or pledged accommodation from the public. Nor has social or affordable housing been used for international protection applicants, who are accommodated in temporary settings.

Of course, this isn't a purely Irish issue. Throughout the West, Ukrainians are to left-wingers what Muslims are to right-wingers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies