SC GOP Primary to be Jan. 19; New NH primary date likely announced tomorrow too (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:09:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  SC GOP Primary to be Jan. 19; New NH primary date likely announced tomorrow too (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC GOP Primary to be Jan. 19; New NH primary date likely announced tomorrow too  (Read 1025 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 08, 2007, 11:28:23 AM »

(The State)

It'll be made official at a news conference in New Hampshire tomorrow, and is reported to be Saturday, January 19.  New Hampshire officials will be there too, so expect them to announce the New Hampshire primary will be moved up to at least Tuesday, January 15 if not earlier.  This will almost certainly cause Iowa to bump up at least a week to Monday, January 7 if not earlier.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 01:27:18 PM »

BTW: When is the deadline for the primary/caucus calendar ? What´s the date all states must have their respective primaries/caucuses set ?

The RNC has supposedly set the day after Labor Day (for you European commies that's September 4 over here not May 2) as the day that dates must be set in stone, but I can't see how they will enforce that.  BTW, New Hampshire and Iowa have laws that require a one week period so if they decide to keep the same days of the week, that would make New Hampshire January 8 and Iowa December 31, altho I can't see Iowans mixing a caucus with New Year's or Christmas, so Iowa might get bumped up all the way to December 17 if they insist on holding the caucus on a Monday night.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:40:31 PM »

BTW: When is the deadline for the primary/caucus calendar ? What´s the date all states must have their respective primaries/caucuses set ?

The RNC has supposedly set the day after Labor Day (for you European commies that's September 4 over here not May 2) as the day that dates must be set in stone, but I can't see how they will enforce that.  BTW, New Hampshire and Iowa have laws that require a one week period so if they decide to keep the same days of the week, that would make New Hampshire January 8 and Iowa December 31, altho I can't see Iowans mixing a caucus with New Year's or Christmas, so Iowa might get bumped up all the way to December 17 if they insist on holding the caucus on a Monday night.

Thx for the info, I´d love to see a Christmas Caucus, coupled with the chilly winter "feeling" ... Smiley

PS: Labor day for us Commies in Europe is on May 1, not May 2 ... Wink

Which makes the day after Labor Day when? Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies