Christianity and Homosexuality (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:14:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Christianity and Homosexuality (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Christianity and Homosexuality  (Read 7014 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« on: January 19, 2016, 07:24:52 PM »

May I just say, Christians sin worse than gays, because we are followers of God, and we know to love everyone. Yet, we reject homosexuals based on a couple verses.

Speaking of those verses; that I've found, two verses talk about homosexuality. If there are others, please let me know.
One of them is in Leviticus, as a part of a law Jesus died to free us from. Also, the Leviticus law was created so God's people could thrive. It doesn't say so in the Bible, I just looked at the context, and came up with a conclusion. A conclusion that can, and should, be argued.

The other one is Romans 1:27, "Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due."
Yet, in Galatians, Paul lists sin that will prevent people from inheriting His kingdom. Homosexuality is not in that list, but hatred is, and guess what, Christians are acting with hatred towards gays.

There are always exceptions, I know that there are many Christians who don't treat gays wrongly.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 09:45:55 AM »

Homosexuality may be a sin in the eyes of the Christian God, but to discriminate against them means you're advocating to exclude that group of sinners while supposedly every person is a sinner according to Christian scripture. As things listed as sin is not exactly illegal under American law and that this is a secular nation, I wish Christians would be more loving of gay people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies