First president we have audio of

<< < (2/8) > >>

A18:
Here: http://www.lib.msu.edu/vincent/presidents/index.htm

Schmitz in 1972:
Quote from: Storebought on January 14, 2005, 07:31:23 PM

Quote from: Philip on January 14, 2005, 07:29:25 PM

Quote from: Vincent on January 14, 2005, 07:24:18 PM

IIRC, I saw a clip of WIlliam McKinnnley speaking in history class with audio as well.

I wouldn't doubt it. I remember seeing the same of William Bryan.

But Bryan lived to 1935, I think

I would like to hear Grover Cleveland. He lived to 1909, so there should be some audio record of him

I'm not so sure since ex-presidents were less influential in those days then now, then again we are talking about Grover Cleveland. Still, I can't think of any reason why Cleveland would have something of his recorded in the final years of his life.

As to photographs, I've seen ones of everyone except Washington through Quincy Adams and Harrison and Tyler (although I'm betting ones do exist for the last two)

J. J.:
I have a copy of a photo John Quincy Adams, but I think it was taken after his presidency.  Polk might have first one taken in office.

William Henry Harrison might have been the last.

A18:
You mean there are photographs of John Adams and Thomas Jefferson? No way! I thought John Q. Adams was the first to be photographed.

And what do you mean Harrison was the last? We certainly have photographs of Bush, lol.

Storebought:
Daguerrotypes of Quincy Adams shouldn't be too hard to find, since he was a congressman from 1830 until his death in 1848, and so had a reason to undergo the harrowing ordeal that was photograph-taking then.

Is it just me, or does it seem all those mid 19th century presidents who had their photos taken look like they smelled bad?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page