Political Correctness and Communism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:05:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Political Correctness and Communism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Correctness and Communism  (Read 3953 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 19, 2017, 10:50:15 AM »

I'm not sure there's a direct correlation. However, I will say I think the left has lost their minds a bit on identity politics. Hillary Clinton would have won the election had she run as her husband's campaign of 1996. Of course, her husband's '96 campaign said "We should end Welfare as we know it", and "The era of big government is over". He signed the DOMA that year, and also received FOP police endorsements for his tough on crime stances.

Identity politics would be more of a menace if people started demanding that government serve specific communities. That has not happened. There has been no drive to promote patronage in favor of certain 'ethnic' groups at the expense of white people. The rise of the large black and Hispanic middle classes is more analogous to the rise of Polish-Americans and Italian-Americans, neither of which got special breaks for belonging to distinctive communities. The Hispanic (except for Cuban-Americans) and especially black middle classes are more obvious (you cannot identify Polish-Americans except by surnames... I should know, as I do genealogy in an area with many people of Polish origin) by physical characteristics... but there's not much of a "hate Whitey" constituency in either.     

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Anyone still proud to be white is literally deplorable.

The electoral results do nothing to show that Donald Trump isn't  "deplorable, racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynistic", etc. ... he proved the ideal demagogue for appealing to people with huge frustrations, including witness to the rise of a large non-white middle class that dislikes white losers.  Donald Trump appealed in part to mass vulgarity generally associated with ignoramuses. For many white people the only chance that they have of getting rich is buying a potential winner of the Super-Duper Megabucks Lotto... and Donald Trump lives that fantasy.

Maybe we Americans need some more education in economics (that there is no free lunch and that change is the norm in economic reality), psychology (so that we be less vulnerable to manipulation by sociopaths and psychopaths), and philosophy (so that we be able to recognize fallacious arguments, especially those involving overt contradictions). But that would take more than K-12 education.  K-14, which would include two years of community college, needs to be the norm. Really, 18-year-olds and 19-year-olds are generally unready for any but the most menial roles in economic life no matter how intelligent they may be. 

"Democratic logic?" There is no such thing, any more than there is "Republican logic". There is only logic. People who reject logic are gullible in the extreme.

There will be much agony in America because the government will now serve people who believe that no human suffering is in excess so long as it serves their sadism, greed, power lust, and ostentatious indulgence. For four years the image and reality of America will be the vile personality of Donald Trump.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 11:23:44 AM »

It's kinda hard to believe you aren't racist when your graph says non-whites entering a white country equals that country becoming a third world hellhole

Mexican-Americans have been considered 'white' for legal purposes (the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo has applied throughout the territories annexed from Mexico with respect to voting rights, housing, and intermarriage) since 1848. There were large Hispanic populations in California, New Mexico, and Texas by local standards in 1848, and such people are still there. Most African ancestry in America comes from people taken in the piracy known as the slave trade.  I doubt that any Asian-American community qualifies as a "Hell-hole" on the whole.

In the old "Is Connecticut the Best State?" thread I noticed that white people in West Virginia fare less well than Hispanics in Virginia, blacks in Maryland, First Peoples in California, or Asian-Americans anywhere... so if anyone wants to look for the part of America becoming a "Third World hellhole" one need only look to some very-white bastions in the Mountain South (which includes Appalachia and the Ozarks, largely).  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies