Political Correctness and Communism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:07:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Political Correctness and Communism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Correctness and Communism  (Read 3950 times)
EnglishPete

« on: January 19, 2017, 06:08:17 AM »

Just found this diagram here which is one of the clearest explanations I've seen of the similarity between Soviet Communism and Political Correctness and how they both ultimately come from the same human impulses and represent the same kind of politics.

EnglishPete

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »

This thread really illustrates how far superior Naso is at his schtick than pjones. Sorry mate, you think some goofy limey can just take that niche? Please.

EnglishPete

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:28:09 AM »

I'm not sure there's a direct correlation. However, I will say I think the left has lost their minds a bit on identity politics. Hillary Clinton would have won the election had she run as her husband's campaign of 1996. Of course, her husband's '96 campaign said "We should end Welfare as we know it", and "The era of big government is over". He signed the DOMA that year, and also received FOP police endorsements for his tough on crime stances.

Everything I just described is now considered "racist", "homophobic" and "intolerant" by the left of today's Democratic Party.

I think the problem that has liberals in meltdown right now is that America didn't vote for their vision. They made Donald Trump out as "deplorable, racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynistic, ect....and America responded by electing him with over 300 electoral votes.

That means either A.) American's didn't buy into the Democratic logic or B.) Americans didn't care.

Either way, it's an agonizing defeat for liberals and they don't know how to deal with that.

What's being talked about here goes back much further than 20 years. What used to be called the 'New Left' had its start in the fifties and sixties. They demonstrated outside the 1968 DNC when they didn't get the candidate they wanted. By 1972 New Left ideas had captured the imagination of the wider left and they got the candidate they wanted. Both times they helped Richard Nixon to win.  The ideology was not popular and caused them to lose elections so it had to be toned down, in public at least. This message was further hammered home by the election losses in 1980, 1984, 1988 and 1994.

However whilst New left ideology was losing elections it was still gaining ground. Although, just like soviet communism, its advocates think they are fighting for the interests of 'the oppressed' in reality the interests they represent are those of the bureaucratic class, again just like Soviet communism.

So whilst the New Left were losing election after election, causing the Democratic Party to disguise this aspect of its ideology in elections like 1996, its supporters and adherents in the bureaucratic class - in government, in academia, in big corporations, in schools and in the charity/non profit sectors - were doing everything they could to promote and indeed enforce this ideology. This is what became known as political correctness and it was in full swing well before the 1996 election.
EnglishPete

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 11:16:49 AM »

It's kinda hard to believe you aren't racist when your graph says non-whites entering a white country equals that country becoming a third world hellhole

Whatever
EnglishPete

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »

Identity politics would be more of a menace if people started demanding that government serve specific communities. That has not happened. There has been no drive to promote patronage in favor of certain 'ethnic' groups at the expense of white people. The rise of the large black and Hispanic middle classes is more analogous to the rise of Polish-Americans and Italian-Americans, neither of which got special breaks for belonging to distinctive communities. The Hispanic (except for Cuban-Americans) and especially black middle classes are more obvious (you cannot identify Polish-Americans except by surnames... I should know, as I do genealogy in an area with many people of Polish origin) by physical characteristics... but there's not much of a "hate Whitey" constituency in either.   
 This is exactly the reverse of the truth. There has been a considerable drive to promote patronage in favour of certain non-white ethnic groups. Firstly there is direct government patronage which often comes in the form of government funding for various 'community groups' and 'community organisers'. I don't know what sort of scale this occurs on in the US but in the UK it forms a very considerable part of the funding of what might be called the 'professional left' (i.e. people paid to promote leftism). Many of these 'community organisations' are explicitly targeted in their work at specific ethnic groups. However no such 'community organisation' is set up to cater to the needs or interests of white people. Not only would it not get government funding but it would most likely be banned on the grounds that it discriminated against people with 'protected characteristics'.

That brings us to the next point which is 'protected class/protected characteristic' law. In theory this type of law is normally written in a way that is neutral i.e. It offers men as well as women, whites as well as blacks extra protection if they are seen to be victimised or otherwise discriminated against on grounds of sex or race etc. In practise this is not how the law works. Anything that could remotely be seen as possibly being discrimination or 'hate crime' against ethnic minorities etc is called a hate crime or discrimination and is prosecuted to the fullest extent possible (with the establishment press whipping up all the outrage they can muster). The other way around however is rarely if ever applied. Even explicit racial violence against white people is not recorded or reported as 'hate crime' is the authorities can possible avoid it whilst racial discrimination against white people on the grounds of race is either quietly tolerated (as in the UK) or made an official government policy, as in much of the US where it is called Affirmative action.

Which brings to the biggest form of state patronage for specific minority groups, affirmative action law. By the introduction and enforcement of this law government provides huge jobs patronage in the jobs sector, both government and private job sectors, in the form of discrimation against white people in the job market dsigned to provide extra positions and extra income for ethnic minority groups.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Really? would you say the same about anyone proud to be black or anyone proud to be Mexican, or would that be different?
EnglishPete

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 11:51:21 AM »

It's kinda hard to believe you aren't racist when your graph says non-whites entering a white country equals that country becoming a third world hellhole
Make no mistake, he's unashamedly racist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7_3n7xyDg
EnglishPete

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 02:22:42 PM »

Weirdo
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies