CBS Des Moines, Iowa Democratic debate @9pm ET **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:25:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CBS Des Moines, Iowa Democratic debate @9pm ET **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]
Author Topic: CBS Des Moines, Iowa Democratic debate @9pm ET **live commentary thread**  (Read 12629 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: November 15, 2015, 07:46:59 PM »

The swipe at Branstad was incorrect in premise, as what Bernie wants, Medicare for all (the bill), doesn't give states all that much power. It's all centralized in the federal government.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #276 on: November 15, 2015, 11:16:02 PM »

Clinton was under more constant attack in this debate than the first and so she didn't get the sort of lift-off she did in Las Vegas.  But this is the kind of tough prep which is necessary to be ready for the general election.  None of the three were really great but nobody bombed out either.  It didn't shake up the status quo in the race.  And if the status quo has not been shaken then Clinton comes out the winner.

Agreed.

In section one, the candidates were:

O'Malley: The best anyone has ever seen him by very, very far - almost at Obama levels!

Bernie: Mostly great, although, as always, he could have been even better with foreign policy issues, though he appeared a million times more prepared than in the horrific first debate for him.

Hillary: She seemed like she was gonna fall asleep, and so almost I did as well lol. I can't remember a thing she said in fact, cause she was so bored and I felt even more bored. Basically she bombed this part so badly.

In section two:

O'Malley: Everything nice I said about him in part one, I can now safely retract. He sucked balls so strongly in this part that it's hard to fathom lol.

Bernie: The only, and I mean seriously only, thing he did in this part was to repeat twice and even thrice his talking points from part 1. Such a scandal lol.

Hillary: She bombed like a nuclear to hit Nagasaki in the first part, but in the second part, she mostly truely shined. Smiley Though, she was never slightly close to the brilliance she showed in the first debate.

To me personally, it was quite close among the three, yet I think O'Malley was the biggest winner and Bernie must have been very disappointed, cause he's far, far, far more intelligent than the lousy stuff he got to show in this debate sadly. Sad He used 60% of the debate to repeat himself I'm afraid, that's not what I'd call brains. And you know how much I love you and your passion, so I hope you improve till the next debate.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies