NJ-GOV 2021 megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:01:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-GOV 2021 megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-GOV 2021 megathread  (Read 50693 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: February 18, 2021, 02:42:06 PM »

Rising GOP star Assemblyman Ryan Peters will not run for reelection in LD-8.....

https://newjerseyglobe.com/legislature/ryan-peters-wont-seek-re-election-to-state-assembly/

Also looming large for Peters is that he is the commander of an active U.S. Navy Reserve unit.

Peters was notified in May 2020 that his Sea, Air and Land (SEAL) team was to be deployed in November.  That deployment was cancelled, but Peters could still be called up for the final time in 2021.

“While I come to the end of a higher profile level of service, I will always endeavor to serve this great country and all of my neighbors,” he said.

The two-term legislator said he was grateful for the opportunity to serve in the public office.

“I owe my family, our friends, supporters and even my detractors, a debt of gratitude that I don’t think I will ever be able to repay Their sacrifices are too numerous to count,” stated Peters. “Each morning, I wake with amazement at the things I have been able to experience thanks to the opportunities this great country has provided me.”

The Annapolis graduate had been seen as a likely challenger to his former running mate, State Sen. Dawn Addiego (R-Evesham), this year.  Addiego switched parties in 2019 and is seeking re-election as a Democrat.

Peters had also been considered as a possible challenger to Rep. Andy Kim (D-Moorestown) in 2022.  While he has not precluded running for office again someday, he has no plans to run next year.

The Hainesport resident earned a law degree from Rutgers and won a seat on the Burlington County Board of Freeholders in 2015.  He moved up to the State Assembly in 2017 and was re-elected in 2019 by a 1,011-vote margin after Democrats spent millions trying to capture the 8th district seats.

Peters is the first announced legislative retirement this year.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/legislature/ryan-peters-wont-seek-re-election-to-state-assembly/

Oxygen thief, he's damn right he'll never be able to repay.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies