GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:58:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA-06 and SC-05 election day & results thread  (Read 71344 times)
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« on: June 20, 2017, 09:20:29 PM »

Ignoring, for a second, the embarrassment that was GA-6, can we perhaps take note of the fact that Parnell actually made a race out of SC-5?
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 09:32:39 PM »

Parnell spent like $10,000 and a couple of Wal-Mart gift cards to fund his campaign and he did better than Ossoff...sad!

The Democrats should have Parnell on standby for a rematch in case Ralph Norman starts making gaffes or assaulting the press.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 09:59:45 PM »

With all due respect to the participants of this thread, the analysis here is making my head hurt.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 10:16:37 PM »

Analysis-related headaches aside, I'll contribute this much to the discussion: this election, right here, is a perfect example of why I refuse to subscribe to the Democratic Party. I have my beliefs, and my beliefs are decidedly left-wing, but both parties are abject systemic failures in their own terrible, wonderfully unique ways. Put short, the Republicans are insane and the Democrats are insipid.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 11:16:22 PM »

Though on the bright side the dems have been secretly nailing star rural recruits in Ojeda,Gray, and Davis

Bingo. The thing none of the Democrats in this thread seem to want to acknowledge is that Ossoff, on the whole, had all the makings of a dud candidate, with all the weaknesses of Clinton ratcheted up and made even more transparent. Charisma and public appeal matter, as does running an actual campaign based on actual issues. Thompson and Parnell proved that, and Quist might have done had he not been a terrible candidate for totally unrelated reasons.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 11:34:13 PM »

Also, I really do think that the Democrats here ought to be taking more from SC-5 than they are. Sure, turnout was low, but the district wasn't even on the radar for a competitive race until literally today. With Parnell's close call, the Dems are now four for four in putting the Republicans on the ropes in districts that in no way should have ever been competitive.

Ossoff lost a winnable race, but this is far from the end.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 06:11:23 PM »

Ossoff was a dud without substance. I'm left-wing, but I don't mind a centrist or Blue Dog type so long as they run on actual issues instead of how much their opponent or the incumbent sucks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies