Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:25:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning" (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update Season VI - "A New Day Dawning"  (Read 79269 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« on: March 28, 2013, 10:48:49 AM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 03:06:02 PM »

Fantastic!  Is there any way you can ban Inks from your thread?

Being able to moderate a thread you create would be marvelous.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »

31 years old with one foot in the grave and the other in the poor house.  You can change this if you stop acting like a helpless.

No, his condition is caused by capitalism, patrick.  Bushie, just like you or I, is a victim of the horrible, cannibalistic system under which we all live.  It is offensive and counterproductive to blame one's fellow victims for their inevitable annihilation.

In other news, I am going to make an Hispanic (Guillermo - Memo for short) who hopped the border at 16 in 1987 with no English and no money, a rich man in our new business venture together. He in the ensuing years learned English (including writing it quite well), and ended up running the doors and windows manufacturing plant for the company that went out of business last November (with 60 people reporting to him). You say upward mobility does not exist. I know better. It does. I have seen it with my own two beady little eyes. Under my guidance, he now has become facile with spreadsheets, and how to construct business plans (e.g., separating out overhead from variable costs), and sophisticated cost accounting systems. He also owns two four-plexes, and his own home in Anaheim.

What did you call the company, El Toro?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 11:27:02 AM »

31 years old with one foot in the grave and the other in the poor house.  You can change this if you stop acting like a helpless.

No, his condition is caused by capitalism, patrick.  Bushie, just like you or I, is a victim of the horrible, cannibalistic system under which we all live.  It is offensive and counterproductive to blame one's fellow victims for their inevitable annihilation.

In other news, I am going to make an Hispanic (Guillermo - Memo for short) who hopped the border at 16 in 1987 with no English and no money, a rich man in our new business venture together. He in the ensuing years learned English (including writing it quite well), and ended up running the doors and windows manufacturing plant for the company that went out of business last November (with 60 people reporting to him). You say upward mobility does not exist. I know better. It does. I have seen it with my own two beady little eyes. Under my guidance, he now has become facile with spreadsheets, and how to construct business plans (e.g., separating out overhead from variable costs), and sophisticated cost accounting systems. He also owns two four-plexes, and his own home in Anaheim.

What did you call the company, El Toro?

No, too Hispanic sounding. Tongue  Golden State Doors and Windows

Ugh. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 01:53:08 PM »

I'm assuming Torie's Finding Nemo lesson is for Bushie, but can we no longer hijack this Update?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 10:36:06 PM »

Sounds like a heck of an Easter. I am jealous of everyone who got to celebrate today. I still have over a month to wait for Jesus to rise.

Greeks are always late, duh!  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 09:54:53 AM »

I'm betting Torie has peeked in since his announcement that he won't.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 11:49:02 AM »

How much will you see your kids when you're in Kenya?  Daily?  Will they call you daddy? 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 10:57:54 AM »

I haven't ready anything that sounds like "fun".
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »

I'd drink all month long if my April was anything like Bushie's. I can't only tolerate relatives coming to town for so long... at all.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 03:27:14 PM »

I don't believe for a minute he walked a minute, much less 45 minutes.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 07:43:27 AM »

I did manage to have three glasses of water today, although I will admit my lunch was the pits.  I ate okay for dinner, but my lunch was not good.

I've learned something.  Do not step on the scale when you have company, because no matter what I do, with several glasses of water a day and a brief, brisk walk most mornings, my body still seems to find the pounds.  So, I'm going to focus on what I need to do for the next couple weeks until everybody leaves, but not worry too much about it.  Worry gets you nowhere and only shortens your life.  When the company is gone, I'll be playing catch up until I go to Kenya.

The thing I don't get is everybody is saying it's extremely easy to take just a little bit when you have a 10 course meal set out in front of you, everybody else is filling their plates and their bellies, and you don't want to offend the host.  The toughest thing for me is limiting myself to one plate AND trimming the portion sizes on that one plate.  I do not want to leave the table still hungry, because I will inevitably go for an extra slice of pie in an hour or so that I don't need.  I don't need to stuff myself so much that I'm miserable, but its tougher than it looks to just take one helping of everything, or most things.  I'm not saying it can't be done, and it may be easy for those who are used to doing it, but for someone who is used to getting seconds, and occasionally thirds of several things on the table, it's a big change.  I've got a big dinner tomorrow night, so we'll see how I do limiting myself to one plate.  I'm just going to focus on limiting myself to one plate and then work on trimming the portion sizes a bit when I know I can successfully cut out the seconds.  When I get past the company and the birthdays, things will settle down quite a bit and it will be much easier to get into a routine.  I will not watch what I eat on my birthday, though, because it is wrong to diet on your birthday, unless you have a medical condition that requires you to do it.

Let me shorten this up for Torie, who reads this in spite of his affirmation that he never will again and is probably ready to pop an aneurysm:

Bushie took a brief brisk walk from his house to the car, then from the car to granny's front door.  He's eating like a crazed lunatic and weights 275, not 271, because we all know he lies.  He has no intention to stop pigging out and won't reduce his portion sizes by a morsel until May, maybe. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 10:11:29 AM »

Also, how does one have a 10 course meal?

10 was probably an exaggeration, but a 5-7 course meal is very common.  Generally, the meat is the first course, corn, mashed potatoes, green beans, baked beans, dinner rolls, salad.

And desert
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 07:51:47 AM »

You misconstrued what I said (which is normal, I guess).  I never said I was raised to sit on my butt and play on the Internet, rather I was raised to treat other people and the relationships with them, especially your own family, as more important than yourself even when it comes to your health.  I was born in the 1980's, but I was raised in a 1930's and 1940's mentality where relationships were the key to survival.  Oh, by the way, the 1930's mentality is NOT obsolete and should be brought back at all costs.  It is so much better than the 2010's mentality.

I posted on the forum while I was visiting with my family.  It's something called a tablet.

Wait a minute...

You're honestly telling me that you think it is more rude to tell your family, "I'll be back in 30 minutes; I'm going to take my daily walk" than it is to sit and play with an iPad while you are "visiting" with your family?  That's the most backwards, messed up thing I've heard all day.

No, Jeff, playing on a tablet when you're supposed to be "visiting" is the rude thing to do between those 2 choices.

His Dad has to work 28 out of 30 days this month (for obvious reasons).  I doubt anyone thinks he's rude for not hanging out all day with the family.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 09:52:04 AM »

I'm just curious - can you describe what spending nine hours means? Is it nine hours of sitting around, talking? I don't know what I would do that would have me continually in their presence.

I couldn't hang with my family for 9 minutes, much less 9 hours.  He's a warrior, that Bushie.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 09:59:55 AM »

I'm just curious - can you describe what spending nine hours means? Is it nine hours of sitting around, talking? I don't know what I would do that would have me continually in their presence.

I couldn't hang with my family for 9 minutes, much less 9 hours.  He's a warrior, that Bushie.

Is it that you couldn't hang out with your family for 9 minutes, or they couldn't hang out with you for 9 minutes? Tongue

Oh I'm sure it's quite mutual, Inks.  Wink
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 10:43:55 AM »

I know the question will come up, so I'll just answer it now.  I'm leaving at 13:30 to go over to my Grandmother's for the Master's, so I'll take a walk at 12:30.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »

Display name:  Play Ball Bushie
Username:  BushOklahoma
Position:  YaBB God
Date Registered:  February 27, 2005, 03:02:34 pm
Last Active:  Today at 01:50:17 pm
Current Status:   Online   

So you walked at 12:30, your time, eh? 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 01:03:34 PM »

Besides, I'm always online even when I'm not at the computer.  I never log out of the forum on my own computer.

That's not how it works.

Right.  Did anyone really believe he was going for a walk at 12:30 so he can go to granny's at 13:30?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2013, 12:26:29 PM »

I assume you mean Bayer as in aspirin (although they also make Aleve), in which case, it's aspirin.

Leave him alone, he's walking........oops, no, he's online........nevermind!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »

I assume you mean Bayer as in aspirin (although they also make Aleve), in which case, it's aspirin.

Leave him alone, he's walking........oops, no, he's online........nevermind!

He leaves his computer on and logged in... he mentioned this a day or two ago.

Somehow it magically posts stuff on facebook too!  I want one of those laptops!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 01:38:00 PM »

I have a lot more stamina than what I let on.

You mean you haven't been telling the whole truth, and your unhealthiness is due to pretty much pure laziness?  Nawwww..... that can't be true.

I sig'd that.......but it belongs in the comedy and oldies threads
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »

Our Dear Friend is now using "military" time? Yes. Oh, yes.

He selectively uses it.  I think it was from his days in Ameriscam.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 01:02:03 PM »

I'm going because I fell in love with that place last year.  I will be moving there in 2016-2017.

You should come to Thailand - it has all the positives with few if any of the negatives of Kenya, plus you can get a job very easily, unlike there.

Let's analyze this opebo:

Kenya:

vs.

Thailand

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 01:22:07 PM »

Tough choice, friend.  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to: