Southern Legislature Bid
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:35:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southern Legislature Bid
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Southern Legislature Bid  (Read 1282 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 10, 2015, 07:04:31 PM »

"Hello, I am running for the Southern Legislature. I believe in true conservative principles for Atlasia and for the South. I will work hard to represent you in the Legislature. I am an outsider, this is my first bid for office, I am owned by no one and never will be! I'll fight for you, I am running on the Federalist Party ticket as they are true conservatives.  Thank you and God bless you all!"
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 07:09:04 PM »

Endorsed my friend
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 07:15:16 PM »

Endorsed and good luck.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 07:34:41 PM »

Endorsed.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 08:36:41 PM »

Endorsed.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »

Endorsed. Glad to see someone interested in working down in old Dixie.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 04:02:29 AM »

Endorsed, love to see new members with the enthusiasm to hit the ground running. Smiley
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 05:23:56 AM »

Endorsed! Glad to see some more activity down here, I've been slacking a bit in recent weeks, to be honest, but I'll be better, starting now, and I'm sure an active legislature will help make us the best region in the nation once again!
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 04:51:01 PM »

Endorsed!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 06:16:34 PM »

Thank you all for the endorsements! Let's Take the South and restore true values to our government! I'll always fight for your values in the Legislature! Thank you all and God Bless you! God Bless Atlasia!
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 07:18:30 PM »

"Hello my Southerners! I am running for the Legislature to restore the South, and all of Atlasia. For too long have legislature members not served the true purposes of the people who elect them. I am an outsider, I am not a lifelong politician or a former president. I am new to the scene and I know what it takes to truly serve the people and it would be an honor if I were to be elected! I will serve the true, right, and just interests of the people if elected! I ask for your vote, your friendship, and our commitment to the future! God bless you all, thank you!"
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2015, 07:20:16 PM »

Hello my southerners! The election results are pouring in and it is very likely we'll be elected to the Legislature! I thank everyone who voted so far but the election is far from over. If lucky enough to be elected, these are my positions on the issues in real life, to be replicated in the Legislature:

Abortion: Strongly pro life, even in cases of rape or incest, give it up for adoption and let a person live.
Civil Rights: Pro Gay Marriage, I believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their sexual orientation.
Drugs: I've never done drugs and likely never will and encourage everyone not to do it but we can't ruin people's lives over this. We need to trust sane and smart people to make the right choice to stop this, too much money is spent on the "War on Drugs".
Education: Common Core is a terrible act, it should be repealed, private schools that are failing shouldn't fail.
Gun Control: Strongly anti gun control, we should have our weapons for self defense but expand background checks.
Healthcare: Obamacare should be repealed, it's an awful travesty. The government should get out of insurance, let insurance companies compete for lower rates for insurance that is actually somewhat good.
Tax & Reform: Lower taxes, people can't live in peace with high taxes, so many people are living "paycheck to paycheck" Jobs also will grow if we do this. WE need to gut the government DRAMATICALLY, by at least 500 billion dollars, it's possible, same with balancing the budget.
War & Peace: War should always be adverted when it is possible. Wars cost lives AND money, we should only go to war unless attacked first or a dire national security emergency and not be in the process of nation building, a little bit of the money saved should go to humanitarian causes.

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 08:33:48 PM »

Healthcare: Obamacare should be repealed, it's an awful travesty. The government should get out of insurance, let insurance companies compete for lower rates for insurance that is actually somewhat good.

Atlasia adopted single-payer healthcare in 2009, so Obamacare doesn't exist here. Assuming you want to do away with that system too, how will you ensure that citizens are not denied affordable coverage because of "pre-existing conditions" (aka "actually needing their health insurance")?
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 09:48:16 PM »

Atlasia adopted single-payer healthcare in 2009, so Obamacare doesn't exist here. Assuming you want to do away with that system too, how will you ensure that citizens are not denied affordable coverage because of "pre-existing conditions" (aka "actually needing their health insurance")?

I put my irl positions on here, and if the single payer healthcare is anything like Obamacare its definitely NOT affordable, you'd be better off buying lower competitive insurance rates that cover more. The system was broken before irl and in Atlasia, we should fix it by lowering taxes and getting jobs for everyone so they can afford non government healthcare, it's really simple.

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 12:41:59 AM »
« Edited: November 28, 2015, 12:44:54 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Keep in mind the legislative rewrite in the new constitution will erase the the present healthcare system and replace it with Obamacare, so he is not as wrong as he seems at first glance.

Also, we currently don't have single payer healthcare either. That was scaled back in 2012 and then completely rewritten out of existance in 2014.

We have a public option that competes in regional based exchanges, with a sliding scale subsidy. The regions can decide whether to allow other plans to compete with the public option in their region's exchange. We passed this at the tail end of the Duke administration in June 2014, but it was never put on the wiki for some reason. https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=191318.msg4213356#msg4213356

Its a shame because it is far superior to Obamacare in many ways.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies