If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 08:56:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you could introduce a Constitutional Amendment What would it be  (Read 70914 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« on: October 01, 2015, 03:48:40 PM »

Personhood Admendement, Concealed Carry Admendment and Legal Tender Admendment.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »

LGBT is a protected class

We are not a Christian nation

No death penalty

No second amendment

Healthcare is a right
Since when are LGBT people a class, I thought they were a sexual orientation or martial status. Secondly, I don't believe that we are a technically a Christian nation, that issue has already been resolved in the 1700's with the First Admendment. I do believe though that we technically can't say that we aren't a Christian Nation as a majority of US Citizens are Christians. No death penalty could happen but in this day, I think we could have it for the most dangerous a la The Boston Bombers, ISIS Members and other Terrorists. The No Second Admendment one is very dangerous, I believe, look at Nazi Germany, Mao's China and the Soviet Union which are some of the worst dictatorships on the face of the modern war, for the most part the right to own firearms was banned (besides the military). I agree with True Federalist on the Healthcare part. I feel like you got this information out of a Sanders speech or some Communist thing.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »

LGBT is a protected class

We are not a Christian nation

No death penalty

No second amendment

Healthcare is a right
Since when are LGBT people a class, I thought they were a sexual orientation or martial status. Secondly, I don't believe that we are a technically a Christian nation, that issue has already been resolved in the 1700's with the First Admendment. I do believe though that we technically can't say that we aren't a Christian Nation as a majority of US Citizens are Christians. No death penalty could happen but in this day, I think we could have it for the most dangerous a la The Boston Bombers, ISIS Members and other Terrorists. The No Second Admendment one is very dangerous, I believe, look at Nazi Germany, Mao's China and the Soviet Union which are some of the worst dictatorships on the face of the modern war, for the most part the right to own firearms was banned (besides the military). I agree with True Federalist on the Healthcare part. I feel like you got this information out of a Sanders speech or some Communist thing.

LGBT people can be discriminated against when it comes to being hired. They can be fired from their job for being gay. This, to me, is unacceptable and a constitutional amendment to protect them in the workplace is vital.

Through the First Amendment, yes, we are not a Christian nation. Conservatives don't get the memo as many of their talking points seems to imply they care more about Biblical law than Constitutional law. You have someone like Thomas who thinks that the federal government cannot establish a religion but the state can. In actuality, the Incorporation Doctrine means the Bill of Rights also applies to the states.

The death penalty is a lot more than just black and white what conservatives. People spend years on death row and are executed for crimes they did not commit. Executing an innocent person might be acceptable to you. It is not acceptable to me. Add in the fact that it's not fiscally responsible, not a deterrent and my belief that life without parole is a harsher punishment, I think we can live without it.

All I hear from conservatives in defense of the Second is that it's needed to protect yourselves from government tyranny. Really?

Where were the armed citizens under the Alien and Sedition Act with John Adams?

Where were the armed citizens when Lincoln suspended Habaes Corpus?

Where were the armed citizens when Wilson had the Sedition Act during his presidency?

Where were the armed citizens when FDR placed the Japanese in internment camps?

Where were the armed citizens when Bush 43 expanded government surveillance under the Patriot Act?

Where will the armed citizens be if wannabe war criminal Trump got his way and violated international law?

If healthcare is a right in other countries, I don't see why it can't be one here.
I agree that LGBT people shouldn't be discriminated against, I personally wouldn't but I don't think that people should be punished if they don't hire someone. But I also believe that people at FRC or Values Voters shouldn't have to hire LGBT people or pro-abortion people because it undermines their right of conscience. I think we both agree that a Jewish Group should be able to not hire a White Supremacist or Neo-Nazi.

I support Criminal Justice Reform, I think we should do a lot to reform our prisons, I agree with Senator Lee, Paul and Sanders on that issue. I didn't say that people that could be innocent should be killed. We should only kill people who are proven terrorists we can all agree that the Bombers were proven terrorists and I think they should be given the death penalty. But we shouldn't give lethal injection as it is too much money, I personally favor hanging or firing squad, because it is less money and more humane.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies