Washington state megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:33:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington state megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washington state megathread  (Read 857216 times)
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« on: August 07, 2020, 05:58:23 PM »

You also have to wonder whether the recent developments in Seattle have pushed the electorate to the right.  The left has truly created an abysmal political environment for themselves here.

There's nothing but bad news here, the city has truly gone off the deep end.  We've had CHAZ, defunding, rioting and looting, and the junkie/hoarder encampments crisis, all boosted and defended by the city.  We recently passed a major tax that is explicitly designed to destroy our tax base by forcing Amazon out of the city.  And there are other major economic mismanagement issues that don't get much attention, like two critical failing bridges (W Seattle and Magnolia) that the city refuses to take seriously.  The city is completely held hostage by activists, who generate unflattering news reports every day with their hostile tactics.

I am a hardcore Democrat and I would happily vote for any Republican at the municipal level right now.  I'm certainly not the only person feeling that way.  That doesn't mean I would vote for a Republican for governor or congress, but others may not make that distinction.

Uh, no. The only people who would cite CHOP as a factor in their vote are people with a hate boner for the left, 98% of whom are partisan Republicans. The city hasn’t “abandoned” all other projects, just because it’s also focused on police reform, which is a serious issue that needs attention. Even Democrats who didn’t support CHOP aren’t about to defect to the party of Trump because muh CHOP bad. And even if some would consider voting Republican at the local level, there’s no way people who were otherwise going to vote Democratic in their congressional race would vote for a rubber stamp on Trump. And it’s not like Schrier has been singing Sawant’s praises, either, so the number of people who would have otherwise voted for Schrier switching to a Republican is minuscule at best.

Just because you’re chronically mad at the left doesn’t mean that there are thousands who feel as strongly as you do and would leave the Democratic Party this year with this president up for re-election, especially in a completely different district with a Democrat who hasn’t had any involvement with CHOP on the ballot.

Let's be honest, I have a much more negative view of these protesters and the left now than I did a few months ago, and I'm sure many share the same opinion. These people are out to destroy America as we know it, and millions will be fleeing to the GOP as a result, especially after Trump is defeated in November.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies