Geneology (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 05:48:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Geneology (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Geneology  (Read 1453 times)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« on: January 27, 2008, 12:28:11 PM »
« edited: January 27, 2008, 12:31:01 PM by Verily »

George Washington was my first cousin ten times removed. (I am descended from his mother's sister.)

My great-grandparents eloped, my great-grandmother having been the daughter of wealthy aristocrats in Alabama and my great-grandfather having been very poor.

Of my great-grandparents, at least six of eight could trace roots back to colonial America; of the others, one's ancestry disappears into the morass of Irish immigrants in New York City and the other's parents had immigrated from Sweden to Indiana.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 12:32:02 PM »

George Washington was my first cousin ten times removed. (I am descended form his mother's sister.)

And you are also at least partly Roman, if I remember correctly. 

Well, going by appearances, anyway. There's no way I could be Briton, Scandinavian or Anglo-Saxon in ancestry with hair and skin my color, but my ancestry can be traced, in the long term, to rural England and Scotland.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 12:21:33 AM »

George Washington was my first cousin ten times removed. (I am descended form his mother's sister.)

And you are also at least partly Roman, if I remember correctly. 

Well, going by appearances, anyway. There's no way I could be Briton, Scandinavian or Anglo-Saxon in ancestry with hair and skin my color, but my ancestry can be traced, in the long term, to rural England and Scotland.
Unless you're dark enough to pass for Subsaharan, that's an absurd statement to make.

LOL, well, okay. You find me someone with olive skin and black hair with "vetted" Anglo-Norman, Celtic or Briton ancestry.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies