The Atlasian Journal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:24:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Atlasian Journal  (Read 8058 times)
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 05:02:53 PM »

Although they have threatened me and my family, I am a forgiving person and I believe and was taught to forget. Hopefully they know in the future to solve the issue in debate, not in violence, that is not how politics were made to be. Government is for and by the people.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 12:03:45 PM »

With the election now over, we will resume our normal operations.

Congratulations to President Griffin on winning a second term.

Condolences, and good luck to Leinad and Winfeild.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2016, 02:53:47 PM »

Today's news...

In the Northeast, most threats have ended, but a select few continue the threats anonymously.

In the Mideast, enlistments in this region are beginning to drop due to what people perceive to be mistreatment of veterans.

In the Midwest, no leads on the accomplice, but a Facebook group have started called "justice for Eric Wilson," and it's been gaining speed with 100,000 members.

In the South, the members of Women United have been released because of Speaker Haslam's refusal to press charges. The homeless man beaten by cops have succumbed to his wounds.

In the Pacific, some have called for the Pacific government to succeed in response to the federal governments response to the breakdown of the regional government.

In nationwide news, the isolationist had committed suicide, some say it's because of hate comments, others say it's because of governments lack of action.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2016, 03:57:10 PM »

New details about the creatively nicknamed Southern Church Shootout.

According to the police officers on the scene, the man had been asked to come in to answer some questions about a robbery that happened the previous day. Norman Johnson says the homeless man was attacked after asking for some change, he claims that the officer leading the attack, Officer Bill Ingham, has a history of terrorizing the area. David Williams says he saw the fight afterwords, and didn't know what caused it.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2016, 09:19:26 PM »

Next update will be when President Griffin starts his second term.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2016, 05:02:17 PM »

President Griffin has started his second term, here are some issues he'll have to deal with:

The Continuing War With ISIS
Despite the terrorists organization's loses in Iraq, they've become more active. An increase of fighters in Egypt has concerned some there, recent gains in Syria has tipped the war into their favor, and a man in Israel has been arrested for openly supporting ISIS and threatening to kill every Jew in Israel.

California's drought
The recent drought has caused a fight to break out in a supermarket over bottled water, police have regained order before anyone was hurt, but some question what will happen next.

The Church Shootout
No charges have been pressed, and many have demanded action, several people have been talking about organizing a riot. Some have been arrested, but it has only fueled the flames.
Some say there is a racism problem in the police force, others say there is a problem with the vetting process.

Veterans
Activist Kaylee Hall's recent actions related to veterans affairs has caused record low sign ups the Atlasian Military. What used to be an issue for Governor NeverAgain's administration is now a problem the entire nation feels.
In the Northeast, the recent move for more security has been met with extreme backlash, many say that the regional government wants an army, but not have to take care of the veterans. 64% of Northeast residents also see this as a step towards independence.

Refugees
Although death treats have been nearly vanquished in the Northeast, there are still some who do so anonymously. An alias, "Jimbo", is being used to continue death threats in the Northeast; Jimbo has been popping up in the South, and Pacific too.
Reported Jimbo letters by region:
Northeast: 1,023
South: 877
Pacific: 845
Mideast: 99
Midwest: 70

Women's United
This group has stepped up their attacks on South Speaker Haslam, and has been demanding President Griffin take action to "limit his tyranny"; the group has raised up $20 million for more ads, and are daring office holders to offend them.
Furthermore, they've tweeted a photo of the school Assemblyman Pingvin went to, the following statement went with it: "@Pingvin voted yes on defunding abortion clinics, it won't take long for us to find where you live"
The tweet has disappeared since.

Unemployment numbers:
Northeast: 7.4% (down .4%)
South: 7.9% (down .4%)
Midwest: 8.7% (up .1%)
Mideast: 7.4% (down .3%)
Pacific: 9.3% (up .5%)
Nationwide 8.1% (no change)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2016, 04:56:29 PM »

The Terrible State of the Atlasian National Broadcaster

Today, both the TV and radio part of the Atlasian National Broadcaster has seen record low ratings. The 1-2 pm hour of programming on television had gotten 0.11 million viewers; two hours later, only 34,000 listeners tuned into the radio station.
The average program on TV gets a 0.28 rating; on radio, their programming would have 57,000 listeners. In addition, donations are at a record low, next to no money has been raised to keep the network going; last year, at this point, there were $25,000 in donations, compared to $12,000 this year.
Several former employees stated they left because of "extended periods of time in which I wasn't paid", some current employees express a desire to leave because of this reason.

All of this, and the current head is asking for a budget increase to begin scripted programming; time will tell if this budget increase will be approved, and if it will increase the viewership. He's also currently asking to be able to sell advertising time.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 07:38:07 PM »

All of this, and the current head is asking for a budget increase to begin scripted programming; time will tell if this budget increase will be approved, and if it will increase the viewership. He's also currently asking to be able to sell advertising time.
When did Griffin call for increasing the budget of the ANB?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 08:32:21 PM »

When did Griffin call for increasing the budget of the ANB?

I meant the chair of the management board.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 01:18:19 PM »

Surely the finale of Downton Abbey had some viewers?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2016, 09:53:34 PM »

Surely the finale of Downton Abbey had some viewers?

Downton Abbey didn't air on the NAB, I don't think.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 01:18:22 PM »

ISIS in Atlasia!!

Just as Governor Bessel takes office, ISIS militants revealed themselves in the Pacific region. About 20 men seized a Red Cross truck full of water, they proceeded to kill every Red Cross representative delivering the water. Although, it is unknown how many militants are in Atlasia, we do know that 20 soldiers were involved in the raid.

Many wonder why the militants revealed themselves now; why not attack the major population areas in the Northeast? We do not know, at this moment, what their end game is, perhaps their planning on a full scale invasion of the west coast, perhaps their trying to take advantage of this opportunity to shrink the population of their enemies.

Another question is unanswered; how long have they been here, and how long have they been planning this?
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 03:42:11 PM »

Good God...
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2016, 04:50:06 PM »

A statement on this horrific act of terror will be released shortly.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2016, 08:47:14 PM »

Anti-Muslim Groups Skyrocket in Numbers, After California Attacks

"After today's horrible attacks by the Islamic State in the Pacific Region. Anti-Islamic Groups such as 'No Muslims in Atlasia' and 'Stop the Refugees' have formed in many places in Atlasia especially the Pacific and Midwest. A source from Google has reported, that White Supremacist Organizations have seen there internet views skyrocket today to over 33 Millions views on various Ku Klux Klan websites. The new leaders of 'No Muslims in Atlasia', have stated that they are going to organize on the grassroots and try to end Islamic Immigration to Atlasia. They are also planning on holding a rally on Sunday morning outside the Pacific Capitol Building, to build up support and protest Muslims being in Atlasia. The Atlasian Journal will be updating you on every latest development in regards to this issue."

This has been approved by Enduro to those who are wondering.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2016, 12:31:00 PM »

HASLAM STATEMENT ON RACIST GROUPS

"Though I understand what ISIS did is evil... We must not allow hate to boil into our hearts, otherwise we have stooped to their level of hate and bigotry. When I took the oath to become an Assemblyman, I took an oath to protect everyone. I will do just that, Islam actually teaches peace, not hatred. Many people are curious what the KKK stands for and let me tell you. They are evil and carry out hatred, they along with ISIS are terror's, no evil's messengers and disciples. Do not blame a whole religion, millions of innocent people for this action...."

-Speaker Haslam

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2016, 03:06:27 PM »

Atlasia reacts to terrorist attacks

President Griffin, Governor Bessell, Governor Blair, and more office holders have condemned the recent attacks on Atlasian soil by 20 members of the radical group ISIS; the attack, aimed to shorten the amount of water going to the Pacific region, left 4 members of the Red Cross dead. It also prevented over 40 gallons of water from reaching it's destination.

Many have responded with extreme hate, with the KKK seeing a resurgence, and the rise of "no Muslims in Atalsia", and "stop the refugees." One figure has risen as a leader of this movement; Jimbo, whose identity remains unknown.

The Pacific, Northeast, and South have all put their National Guard on high alert; plus, Senator POTUS has proposed letting the President have full control over a world wide operation to end the terror group.

ISIS itself have released an official statement.

(Translated from Arabic)
"This is just the beginning; we will bring you to your knees. Prepare accordingly for your deaths, and pray your heathen prayers to your heathen God."

Several citizens of the nation have responded;

"I ain't afraid of ISIS, and to show that I'll be moving to the Pacfic region, and I'm bringing my AR-15, and .45." Activist Kaylee Hall.

"I'll see them in hell." A construction worker in Los Angeles.

"Right now, we can't focus on revenge, we have to heal first. Let's pray. Dear God, we pray that you'll turn the hearts of ISIS, and that you'll be with those who have died in terrible act." A preacher based in Washington state.

The Red Cross has responded, also.

"For every gallon they steal, we'll send 4 more; we aren't going to let them scare us, we're Atlasians, and we don't get scared."

#pacificstrong!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2016, 09:15:41 AM »

Day After Attacks, Muslims Are Attacked

Yesterday saw one of the worst attacks in Atlasia History, but today was one of the attacks on Atlasian Muslims. After Governor Bessell, made a speech at a local mosque, many protestors began protesting Governor Bessell and throwing water bottles and other items at Muslims leaving the premise. Three protestors were later attacked, and have been released on bail as of tonight. Also today in Northern Oregon, a local pastor by the name of James Wiston, held a burn the Quran Day. During the Burn the Quran Day Festivals, Pastor Winston and others asked God to drive out all Muslims in Atlasia and that he will damn them to hell. But, the worst attack of today happened in Portland, when four men who are said to have White Supremacist tattoos and they were supposedly screaming chants of 'White Power' and 'Heil Hitler' after those chants they brutally attacked and beat up a Muslim women till she was bleeding and broke multiple bones. The men have not be found as of yet, but the local police and FBI, know the men's names. We will have another update after the protests on Sunday.

We will also have another update on the response from the Islamic Community.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2016, 10:28:17 AM »

Day After Attacks, Muslims Are Attacked

Yesterday saw one of the worst attacks in Atlasia History, but today was one of the attacks on Atlasian Muslims. After Governor Bessell, made a speech at a local mosque, many protestors began protesting Governor Bessell and throwing water bottles and other items at Muslims leaving the premise. Three protestors were later attacked, and have been released on bail as of tonight. Also today in Northern Oregon, a local pastor by the name of James Wiston, held a burn the Quran Day. During the Burn the Quran Day Festivals, Pastor Winston and others asked God to drive out all Muslims in Atlasia and that he will damn them to hell. But, the worst attack of today happened in Portland, when four men who are said to have White Supremacist tattoos and they were supposedly screaming chants of 'White Power' and 'Heil Hitler' after those chants they brutally attacked and beat up a Muslim women till she was bleeding and broke multiple bones. The men have not be found as of yet, but the local police and FBI, know the men's names. We will have another update after the protests on Sunday.

We will also have another update on the response from the Islamic Community.

A statement on these attacks will be released shortly. Until then, rest assured that we are in close contact with police officers in Oregon and those men will be brought to justice.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2016, 04:10:35 PM »

SHARIA IN ATLASIA, FORMS AFTER ANTI-ISLAMIC GROUPS FORM

When the entire country was revolting around the opposition against Muslims. Yesterday, at Friday Prayers, pro-Sharia groups started to form. The incidents didn't start until earlier this evening when eight Muslim men went to the home of an anti-Muslim supporter and set the home on fire. The family was lucky out at a party but most of their belongings were lost. The men who attacked were found by the police, and there was a shoutout earlier this morning in Rural California in which five of the suspects were killed and a police officer was shot. Also this morning, a group of Muslim men and women went into the streets of Dearborn, Michigan chanting 'Allah is God', 'Sharia for Atlasia' and 'Behead the Infidels'. Hecklers were throwing food and rocks at the Radical Muslims and someone claimed they heard a gunshot into the crowd, but the police can't confirm this.
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2016, 04:24:59 PM »

HASLAM STATEMENT ON THE CIVIL VIOLENCE IN ATLASIA:

"Hello my fellow, southerners, no Atlasians. We are at a key point in the very fate, survival of this great nation. As many of you have heard by now, there has been violent actions against Muslims, against the violators, it's just violence everywhere, and as an Atlasian it makes me sick that the arguments of the radicals on both sides are picking up steam. First off, to the Muslims, I understand you are in pain. The whole nation is in pain over what happened in California, I understand your struggle with some ignorant, hateful people. This is sadly, not the first time that this has ever happened in our land, and it likely won't be the last. They are in the wrong too, let's address them. I understand you're in pain too, all of Atlasia is but moving towards a race-hating-religion-hating society is not the way forward to peace and prosperity. We should not keep hate in our hearts at this time, but love for the people of all regions of this great nation, to unite together against evil. I do not want this, nor Sharia law for my future children and grandchildren, as I'm sure the majority of you don't want. Let us unite, regardless of religion, race, skin color, sexual orientation, values, gender, past and let us all UNITE AGAINST THE FACE OF EVIL. A House divided against itself can not stand. Good day, thank you, and may Atlasia be blessed. I encourage all of you regardless of religion, to pray or meditate or hope or whatever you do for our great nation."
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2016, 08:07:39 PM »

RIOTS IN SAN FRANCISCO
Pictured Above is the crowd in front of the Capitol Building at 5:00 AM PST

If you asked, The San Francisco Police, yesterday they would say that they were estimating around 2,500 protesters, but around 13,000 Anti-Islamic Protesters were there and around 10,000 Protesters were there protesting the Anti-Islamic Protesters. The scene soon got ugly after the first few speakers spoke which included Businessman Donald J. Trump, multiple far right preachers and Klan leaders and sheriffs from border counties across the South and Pacific. First a pro-Muslim protest or spat on a anti-Muslim protest or which sparked a riot in which two are hospitalized for serious injuries and one is on life-support. The police were not able to control the riots which are now continuing to this minute. So far protesters have broken into shops, some protesters are now throwing rocks at other protesters and it was found that there was a gunman in the crowd who is now apprehended by police. It is believed that the gun mans target was a local Klan leader. Local hospitals in the area say that the current count of the injured is around 200 and over forty of them were innocent bystanders. People have also thrown rocks into the Capitol building breaking many windows and have recently overtaken the Capitol Building Giftshop.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2016, 09:08:45 PM »

The Atlasian Journal is suspending coverage on other topics, for the time being, to bring you updates on the "Atlasian Radical Religion Crises."
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2016, 09:12:06 PM »

Tomorrow, a law will be introduced addressing hate crimes in the Region. In the meantime, a federalized National Guard is working to restore order in the Pacific.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2016, 10:04:59 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2016, 06:47:22 AM by Classic Conservative »

BREAKING NEWS: RADICAL MUSLIMS FIGHTING IN THE STREETS WITH POLICE IN DEARBORN, MICHIGAN

We have some breaking news for you here at Atlasia Journal, word is just in that a large group of around 190 Muslim men are shooting police and others in the streets of Dearborn, Michigah. It is believed that these men are part of a group of Salafist Jihadists named "The Soldiers of Allah" which praise groups such as Ansar Al-Sharia and ISIL. The Altasian Journal has also learned as of now that this groups goal is to capture the city of Dearborn. The police and the Soldiers of Allah are firing back and forth, as of right now, many have been taken away to nearby hospitals and many have so far been killed.

Also, Enduro will be having a larger update sometime in the future about this entire situation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies