Who will win the first debate? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:36:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who will win the first debate? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If you support someone other than Clinton or Trump, choose which one you would rather have between the two.
Clinton will win (I support Clinton)

Clinton will win (I support Trump)

Trump will win (I support Clinton)

Trump will win (I support Trump)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 87

Author Topic: Who will win the first debate?  (Read 1306 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: September 25, 2016, 05:28:32 PM »

I'm surprised that the expectations for Clinton are as low as they are, but I still think the best she could do is a draw, mainly because I expect some Al Gore level sighing. Trump, on the other hand, will probably get a pass if he can form coherent sentences on stage, and he'll get a major win if he proves even the barest bit more substance than he's already given thus far (for example, expanding on how he is going to do better on women's health or a more detailed presentation of his plan to rebuild America's infrastructure).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 08:20:04 PM »

I'm surprised that the expectations for Clinton are as low as they are, but I still think the best she could do is a draw, mainly because I expect some Al Gore level sighing. Trump, on the other hand, will probably get a pass if he can form coherent sentences on stage, and he'll get a major win if he proves even the barest bit more substance than he's already given thus far (for example, expanding on how he is going to do better on women's health or a more detailed presentation of his plan to rebuild America's infrastructure).

You just explained why the likelihood of a Clinton win is low and you're surprised at this point?

You're reading me wrong - I saw the Gallup poll which showed the public perception is that Clinton will win the debate, but not by as much as they thought Obama would in 2012. I am not all surprised in expecting a Clinton loss.

I do, however, disagree with the impression. That it is Clinton who would have the biggest problem in a town hall. Those kind of debates require a bit of emotional empathy - something Clinton is bad at but trump is quite a bit worse at. I think Clinton actually wins the town hall debate for that reason.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies