Northeast Assembly Proposed Leigslation Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:17:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Proposed Leigslation Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Proposed Leigslation Thread  (Read 14739 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: October 02, 2009, 03:11:18 PM »

All Northeastern Representatives please post any proposed Legislation here. Please, please, please, do not post anything other that Legislation in here, i.e. arguments, etc. Smiley
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »

All Northeastern Representatives please post any proposed Legislation here. Please, please, please, do not post anything other that Legislation in here, i.e. arguments, etc. Smiley

Can we put there a projects regardless of the order of debate in Assembly thread?

I would suggest waiting until debate is finished on one bill to propose another, but if you do post one here, I promise I won't forget about it! Smiley 
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:50:08 PM »

The New Northeast Minimum Wage Act

1. The Northeast Minimum Wage Act is hereby repealed.
2. The Northeast minimum wage shall be equivalent to the current Federal minimum wage.
3. The Northeast minimum wage shall increase and decrease concurrent to the Federal minimum wage.

How bourgeoisie.

Our current minimum wage was $6.75. This raises it.

Ahem.

Please, please, please, do not post anything other that Legislation in here, i.e. arguments, etc.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 11:00:54 PM »

I open the Proposed Legislation Thread for the New Assembly. All Legislation must be reintroduced.

But, be advised, all Bills dealing with the economy (specifically, taxes), will be considered first, and Constitutional Amendments will be considered second.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 01:20:35 PM »

I hereby close the Proposed Legislation Thread. All members please wait to propose any Bills until  the New Assembly starts, on Tuesday.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 12:16:34 AM »

The Proposed Legislation Thread is now open for the Second Assembly.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 10:18:11 AM »

Third Draft (new language from the first draft in red)

Standing Order on Assembly Procedure

1. Proposed Legislation Thread
(a) The Lt. Governor shall open a new Northeast Assembly proposed legislation thread at the start of each Northeast Assembly term.
(b) Representatives, the Governor and any concerned Northeast citizen shall post the full text of any proposed legislation in a response to the Northeast Assembly proposed legislation thread for the current term.  Each response shall contain only one piece of proposed legislation. 
(c) Nothing shall be posted to the Northeast Assembly proposed legislation thread except proposed legislation or a Northeast citizen's signature for proposed citizen legislation.

Pursuant to powers granted to me in the SOAP, I introduce this Resolution:

Resolution Congratulating the Southeast on establishing a Regional Assembly 
1. The Northeast hereby congratulates the Southeast on establishing the first elected Assembly in the region's history.
2. The Northeast also wishes the Assembly well in its mission of expanding representative government.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 11:08:55 AM »

Third Draft (new language from the first draft in red)

Standing Order on Assembly Procedure

1. Proposed Legislation Thread
(a) The Lt. Governor shall open a new Northeast Assembly proposed legislation thread at the start of each Northeast Assembly term.
(b) Representatives, the Governor and any concerned Northeast citizen shall post the full text of any proposed legislation in a response to the Northeast Assembly proposed legislation thread for the current term.  Each response shall contain only one piece of proposed legislation. 
(c) Nothing shall be posted to the Northeast Assembly proposed legislation thread except proposed legislation or a Northeast citizen's signature for proposed citizen legislation.

Pursuant to powers granted to me in the SOAP, I introduce this Resolution:

Resolution Congratulating the Southeast on establishing a Regional Assembly 
1. The Northeast hereby congratulates the Southeast on establishing the first elected Assembly in the region's history.
2. The Northeast also wishes the Assembly well in its mission of expanding representative government.

This needs to be co-sponsored by another Northeast citizen before it is immediately put on the agenda, if I recall the SOAP rules correctly.

That's fine by me. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies