Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:28:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread  (Read 14898 times)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: May 07, 2019, 02:44:17 PM »

So, it is a foregone conclusion that Missandei's murder will make Daenerys go full tyrant, leading to Tyrion conspiring with Sansa to oust her?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 02:42:04 AM »

Jon is more stable but also more incompetent.

The best chance for Westeros is for them to become a United Kingdom of Westeros, no more Seven Kingdoms, and begin ever so slightly shifting towards something like a Parliament or Magna Carta.

In the books, there were times in the past where a Great Council (a "House of Lords" you could say) gathered to choose the next King, based on inheritance. Imagine they now all have to come together every 10 years, and choose a new monarch, not based on inheritance but on who they thought was best. That would be the ground-breaker. That would break the wheel... or at least allow the wheel to spin without needing violence or necessarily crushing those beneath. With a hint that, in a few centuries, maybe they'll have a permanent House of Lords, and maybe after that a House of Commons, etc.

Or maybe some other reform?

Or maybe they just all declare independence, and it's truly Seven (or Eight or Nine or Ten or More, depending on if you count the Riverlands, Dorne, Crownlands, Beyond the Wall, and other autonomous regions like Oldtown and Skagos) Kingdoms again?

It has been my theory for some time now that by the end there will be so many people dead (including Daenarys and Jon) that they're gonna offer Tyrion the crown, but he's just gonna say "nope" and walk away...
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 04:14:06 PM »

Jon Snow looks like a moron now. "She's my FührerQueen!"

Next episode he's gonna proclaim that he was just following orders.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 02:43:32 AM »

So, what are the chances that the purpose of the exercise was to utterly destroy Jon's (and to a lesser extent Tyrion's already eroded) belief in the system, so that the formal dissolution of the Seven Kingdoms can be announced at the end of the next episode?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 02:50:52 AM »

After having seen it myself, I think the criticism of the series finale is a bit excessive. While not really the qualitative high point of the series, I was still content with the outcome.

The main problem with the final season was that there were not enough episodes. There should have been at least 12 to tell the story and not just six to avoid the rushing of the plot this season suffered from in the end.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies