Worst election analysis ever (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:08:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Worst election analysis ever (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst election analysis ever  (Read 5389 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: December 26, 2008, 10:02:59 PM »

The amusing thing is that Palin is actually governor of one of the most urban states in the country.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 10:48:23 PM »

Pretty much anything J. J.'s posted in the last 12 months.

Possibly the most satisfying thing about the election was the ultimate repudiation of his annoying, consistently wrong, stubborn talking points.

That guy could spin anything.

No, possible not.  

The point has some traction in this regard, urban problems tend to be very specific to urban areas.  Mass transit is one such example.  In PA, it really doesn't exist outside of Philadelphia as a practical alternative (I would even argue not in Pittsburgh).  If the "urbanites" want to deal with it as a national issue, it is going to bring hostility if the "non-urbanites" are expected to pay for it.

A lot of the social issues are the same, but those cleavages have been there for decades.  We may start seeing it in other areas.  There is a difference between the mentality in a city and those of the non-city areas.

BTW, Izod, the same problems occur in Britain, and arguably has gotten worse over time.  The UK is slightly more urbanized.  

That wasn't the point. Rather it was your absolutely horrid track record for your often beyond moronic predictions. See my sig.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 02:59:52 AM »

Pretty much anything J. J.'s posted in the last 12 months.

Possibly the most satisfying thing about the election was the ultimate repudiation of his annoying, consistently wrong, stubborn talking points.

That guy could spin anything.

No, possible not.  

The point has some traction in this regard, urban problems tend to be very specific to urban areas.  Mass transit is one such example.  In PA, it really doesn't exist outside of Philadelphia as a practical alternative (I would even argue not in Pittsburgh).  If the "urbanites" want to deal with it as a national issue, it is going to bring hostility if the "non-urbanites" are expected to pay for it.

A lot of the social issues are the same, but those cleavages have been there for decades.  We may start seeing it in other areas.  There is a difference between the mentality in a city and those of the non-city areas.

BTW, Izod, the same problems occur in Britain, and arguably has gotten worse over time.  The UK is slightly more urbanized.  

That wasn't the point. Rather it was your absolutely horrid track record for your often beyond moronic predictions. See my sig.

That was a problem when I posted it.  Obama (and the faltering economy) solved that problem.

This would be like me saying "Obama can win Utah" and coming up with some excuse when he didn't. UTAH WAS CLOSER THAN THE WHITE DEMOCRATIC VOTE. And considering that even McGovern had to have won the white Democratic vote...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 11:37:36 AM »

See like I said, worse than McGovern. Should've been obvious to anyone who can do math, which J. Joke is not included in granted.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 06:40:25 PM »

Attacking a specific and large segment of the country with such a broad brush is simply idiotic. We're not even talking about a political group or economic class here, but rather people who live in a certain type of area. Of which there are those that vote Republican, even if not a majority, though they might be in some cases (NE-02 anyone?) And as stated before, Palin governs a state which is basically one half a city and the other half a bunch of empty spaces, so she's in effect condemning half her state, of which without it the state might as well be a wasteland.

The fact that J. J. of all people is defending such a campaign too is the hight of hackery.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies