Partisanship Requirement Amendment (At Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:42:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Partisanship Requirement Amendment (At Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Partisanship Requirement Amendment (At Final Vote)  (Read 6314 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: July 14, 2008, 04:34:03 AM »

I can only call on the sponsor to withdraw this antiatlasian crap. Even if it leaves the Senate (yeah well, from my cold dead hands), I honestly cannot see how it will be ratified by the population of Atlasia.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 05:21:21 AM »

I frankly don't think it's deserving of that much attention.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 05:31:34 AM »

I'm glad you have such respect for your colleagues and the discourse of the Senate. I'll be sure to show your bills the same amount in the future.
It's not as if there were anything to add to the debates about earlier attempts to force similar schemes down our throat.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 05:54:46 AM »

Oh whatever, I'll play. Smiley

First of all, this amendment does not address the matter of what happens to persons who fail to obey it. Are they to be deregistered? If so, this Amendment has the potential to end Atlasia. Lots of newbies have registered, then only gotten involved (however marginally) weeks or months later, typically after being canvassed as potential voters. Lots of people come back to Atlasia after prolonged absences. Remove these people from voter rolls because their party becomes disorganized or because they fail to register with a party after passage of this amendment, etc, will drastically lower the already small voter pool.
If they aren't to be deregistered, well this Amendment will just be dead letter anyways.

Currently we have three real parties, but all of them are vastly confined to a single region (The JCP to the Pacific, the NLC to the Northeast, and the AUB to the Mideast).
Although the JCP passes this bill's muster (which keeps to the current rules of requiring only size, not activity: intra-party votes and such, which the JCP is wholly lacking), it is not what I would call a real party. It certainly isn't "vibrant".

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Agreed. And I'm running out of ideas on how to fix it. At least out of ones that I think might have a chance of passing. Besides, what's boring to one person may not be to another. The Colin/Jas administration's reform agenda much relieved my boredom, and activity levels rose somewhat during that time, but its legacy was then rejected about as soundly as it could be by these newly active voters in the February elections, and the game has slumped to worse depths then ever before since. (At least that's my subjective impression. Not sure how to quantify that.)
It's just that anything with the potential to drive voters away is certainly a step in the wrong direction.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 01:35:07 PM »

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 05:03:33 AM »

Nay
Pages: [1]