The People's Party Remains, 1888- (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:17:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The People's Party Remains, 1888- (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The People's Party Remains, 1888-  (Read 41695 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: December 17, 2008, 04:21:43 PM »

Great job. Kudos for including foreign events.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 07:29:28 PM »

Still one of the best current timelines out there. It's especially great that you put so much effort into foreign stuff - especially British politics.

As my usual self, what is happening in France? Canada? South America?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 12:27:41 PM »

Still one of the best current timelines out there. It's especially great that you put so much effort into foreign stuff - especially British politics.

As my usual self, what is happening in France? Canada? South America?

Well, it does take alot of time and effort. Sometimes I have to make educated guesses about Britain's system of government Tongue Canada, I'll say nothing especially new for now, so we can just assume roughly the same thing. South America, increased tensions between the Colombia and the U.S. I plan a war in South America at some point. (Not involving the US, directly, anyway.)

As for France, the only major difference I've made so far, and for no particular reason in all honestly outside a butterfly-induced strength of Conservatives (and the right-wing in general) in Europe for a short time caused by more international crises than in our timeline, Raymond Poincaré became Prime Minister earlier than originally, and joined in a major halting of trade to Japan during the Russo-Japanese War.

It's cool that you're including foreign stuff, it's a welcome change from most timelines.

On the strength of the French conservatives, I assume you secular non-monarchist non-insane conservatives, or the ARD. Since the conservative conservatives, aka monarchist insane conservatives with Bibles, those types couldn't rule France ever due to sinistrisme.

Poincaré, obviously, was of the former type, but he was on the right of the ARD.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies