The Atlasian Sol (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:22:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Sol (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Sol  (Read 2504 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 23, 2007, 08:10:29 PM »

The Atlasian Sol

Greetings,

Today I am launching the Atlasian Sol, which is hoping to become the new Atlasian GM, promising no bias, realistic and exciting stories, and a stretch from regional to international politics. I am still getting the official ok's, but I wanted to be ready if it happens to hit the ground running. I am also looking for someone to help me with economic numbers while I am GM (hopefully) so anyone who is interested in helping me, feel free to PM me.

--SOS
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »

It is my every plan to fight to re create the GM position to its former glory, despite Al's attempt to keep me from doing otherwise. I ask for the senate or the President to take a little bit of action here, if they could. I have no problem working with Al, although I wish he would kinda be a little less pushy, and realize we need active, serious, game changing news on multiple dimensions.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 02:42:50 PM »

It is my every plan to fight to re create the GM position to its former glory, despite Al's attempt to keep me from doing otherwise. I ask for the senate or the President to take a little bit of action here, if they could. I have no problem working with Al, although I wish he would kinda be a little less pushy, and realize we need active, serious, game changing news on multiple dimensions.

In order for the GM to have any power, we'd need to Amend the constitution to give it to him, or in the least add it to the SoFA's rules of running Forum Affairs.

Well, then thats what Im requesting be started.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »

Well, then lets get this underway! Lets get amending! If I am given this honor, I will immediately resign as Lt. Gov. of the Midwest to focus on this and run it fairly and add some fun. Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 04:19:26 PM »

A team will fail. We cant have that many people and expect the activity to survive. As for what happened, why do we need to do much of anything? I will use real world for for foreign things, and what actually happen here for domestic. As for the budget, we pretend it never stopped being updated. Boom. Done.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 05:35:47 PM »

Woah woah woah......I have to update the wiki? All the time? Oh sh**t.....I promise you, if that is requested of me, it will last like 5 minutes, at tops. Thats a big big big big big big big job.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 09:03:27 PM »

wiki updating is the responsibility of the Attorney General, not the GM.
Oh thank goodness. So what has to be done now to make this happen (exactly), so I can get started on this? What do I need to specifically amend, and why dont I remember the official removal?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 12:21:35 PM »

I really dont want to go diggin through the government page for an eternity...does anyone have a copy of the GM Act on them?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 12:30:51 PM »

I really dont want to go diggin through the government page for an eternity...does anyone have a copy of the GM Act on them?

GM Act: Senate Debate

Much appreciated, Mr. Vice President.

So wait, where does this Media Regulator thing come into play in regards to this bill, Al?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 12:39:15 PM »

So wait, where does this Media Regulator thing come into play in regards to this bill, Al?

FTR, the thread where Al created the idea of a Media Regulator and the Contract is here.
None of this was officially passed, I assume, in which case the laws of the GM act would still apply, and soley apply?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 12:46:17 PM »

FTR, the thread where Al created the idea of a Media Regulator and the Contract is here.

None of this was officially passed, I assume, in which case the laws of the GM act would still apply, and soley apply?

In strict legal terms, yes, you're probably correct.

In that case, I make a formal request to President Wixted to begin an active search for a nominee for the position.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 06:34:06 PM »

No, none of it is statute. It was passed by the GM who operated outside the Senate-monolith in the way that a political party operates outside it. GM reform was fundamentally a matter of internal regulation.

Btw, good luck to you if you're serious about this. I hope that the (as yet untested) reforms I came up with have turned the position of, well, let us say the owner of the sweatshop that produces news, from something verging on a nightmare to something more managable.
Thank you sir. If I am chosen for this, I will follow The Contract to the best of my abilities.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 08:12:58 PM »

Well, anyone interested in seriously contributing, gimme a PM. Also, I push the president to take some action on this when he can.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 09:25:06 PM »

Hey, no one can say I didnt try. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies