The Press (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 01:09:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  The Press (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Press  (Read 12715 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« on: July 22, 2018, 07:22:38 AM »

A Pamphlet on the expansion of Franklin's realm by William Blount:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the region that is coming close to fruition known as Franklin is upon us. However, I am writing to discuss a certain problem that I have with the size of our state.

It is a well known fact that the bigger the state, the more Representation it will have in the Assembly eventually. Currently, at the size Franklin is proposed at now, we would be too small to have much representation in the National Assembly but, I have a proposal that might help it. The state should be expanded West to the Mississippi River. This in the long term will allow our state to have more Representation and have more of a say. It is up to our officials to decide how our state will look, but they must take into consideration if they want the state to have some power along the lines of Virginia or be submitted to the whim of the bigger states, like Connecticut is?

This should be an idea that should be taken into consideration for Franklin's Statehood.

xWilliam Blount
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 07:32:25 AM »

An Open Letter to the National Assembly regarding Cumberland and it's expansion by William Blount

To the National Assembly, it is to the Understanding of all that First Secretary James Madison has been granted the remaining territory from North Carolina while the theoretical State of Cumberland, formerly Franklin, has been extended to half of what I wrote about a year ago. My idea is quite popular with the people however and, while the State of North Carolina dislikes the idea, are you not around to Represent the people, be them from Territories or States? Are those from Territories considered far less than me those from States that you don't consider the people in your decisions? The idea of Cumberland to the Mississippi is quite popular within the region that I and many Cumberlandians live in and it is with the utmost honor and respect that I, on behalf of the people, request you consider our proposed idea in a vote that you possibly take quite soon in the National Assembly.

To the people of Cumberland, do not riot. Do not act against officials. Campaign peacefully for this idea. Show how Popular it is in many circles in this region. Write to the National Assembly and to the Government of North Carolina to consider this idea Seriously. Above all, however, if it's decided to give us the current borders, respect the wishes of the National Assembly and do as you please.

It is with great hope that this open letter to you all,

x William Blount
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 02:08:18 PM »

A Request to all Cumberlandians by William Blount

Fellow Cumberlandians, our time for state is near and should it be a success, we will finally allow ourselves to be represented in the National Assembly. However, our borders need to be resolved and I have a humble request to make. It is clear that the State of North Carolina fears our future power and it is sad to say until we become a state that we are at their mercy and whims of their depends. Shall the current Statehood Act be passed, we, as a people, need to properly raise funds and properly settle the land between the current borders and the Mississippi River. I have already put much of my funds into paying off the cost for said territory. We are at the nearing our main goal and I request we continue our Campaign for our State's expansion westward while giving funds for the purchase of the previously mentioned territory to be put into a bank to aid us, but please, put yourself before the State and do what you must get with your funds. Thank you for your time and I await the response from the Cumberlandian People.

xWilliam Blount
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies