Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:22:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene craziness megathread  (Read 26883 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: January 29, 2021, 01:13:06 PM »

I think she's mentally ill. That has to be the only explanation.

This is often said as a joke but I legitimately do have mentally ill friends who are far less unmoored from reality than this woman. I think mental illness is a part of the picture perhaps but it's a very insidious combination of things in America which is causing an increasingly large number of people to behave like her.

I'm very close to someone with multiple comorbid dissociative and psychotic conditions and she's nowhere near as far gone as MTG. Her oddest views are all just speculative Christian theological concepts. Mental illness is really no excuse.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 01:48:59 PM »

What percentage of her voters are Young Earth creationists, and maybe more importantly, is she a Young Earth creationist herself?
A majority of white Southerners are YECers, as are ~40% of Americans. I don’t think most Republicans have taking a stance on evolution because almost all of their voters believe in YEC. To compare such mainstream pseudo science to vigorously anti-Semitic conspiracy theories is insane.

I thought the mainstream creationist position was somewhere between Old Earth and intelligent design. When was the last time this was polled?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 02:02:38 PM »

This is often said as a joke but I legitimately do have mentally ill friends who are far less unmoored from reality than this woman. I think mental illness is a part of the picture perhaps but it's a very insidious combination of things in America which is causing an increasingly large number of people to behave like her.

I'm very close to someone with multiple comorbid dissociative and psychotic conditions and she's nowhere near as far gone as MTG. Her oddest views are all just speculative Christian theological concepts. Mental illness is really no excuse.

I find some of her beliefs like "forest fires are caused by  secret space lasers built by the jews", " "Zionist supremacists are conspiring to flood Europe with migrants to replace the native white populations", "was murdered by  MS-13 henchmen on behalf of Barack Obama" or especially "it's perfectly fine to harass school shooting survivors because they're crisis actor hired by Nazijew Jewrge Soros" and "I like posting memes about murdering my fellow Representatives because they happen to be commie traitors" to be a little more worrying and/or weird than whatever fundamentalist christian weird crap she may believe in

Sorry, I meant that my friend's oddest views are just speculative Christian theological concepts, as opposed to MTG who believes in way crazier and more dangerous stuff despite probably being "saner".
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 02:10:39 PM »

I find some of her beliefs like "forest fires are caused by  secret space lasers built by the jews", " "Zionist supremacists are conspiring to flood Europe with migrants to replace the native white populations", "was murdered by  MS-13 henchmen on behalf of Barack Obama" or especially "it's perfectly fine to harass school shooting survivors because they're crisis actor hired by Nazijew Jewrge Soros" and "I like posting memes about murdering my fellow Representatives because they happen to be commie traitors" to be a little more worrying and/or weird than whatever fundamentalist christian weird crap she may believe in

A lot of these beliefs have no basis in religion.  They're just evil.

Yeah. Like, the antisemitism has obvious (and deeply regrettable) Christian antecedents, but publicly posting memes about one's coworkers deserving to be murdered isn't based on any religious or even ideological tenet, it's just being a terrible, dangerous, brutish person.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 04:36:10 PM »

She raised 1.6m in a week from all 50 states lol

Well, yeah, there are a lot of genuinely bad people in this country. Similarly crankish and violent leftist candidates have raised a ton of money from small donors too, they just tend not to actually win races.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 10:54:25 PM »

She raised 1.6m in a week from all 50 states lol

Well, yeah, there are a lot of genuinely bad people in this country. Similarly crankish and violent leftist candidates have raised a ton of money from small donors too, they just tend not to actually win races.

At the risk of being pedantic since you noted that such " similarly cranky and violent leftist candidates" usually don't actually get elected, can you identify even a single such failed candidate as a left-wing equivalent to MTG?

I was thinking of Cenk and his Armenian genocide denial, but even then there's the difference that he only believes in one violent, bigoted conspiracy theory, whereas MTG believes in seemingly every violent, bigoted conspiracy theory under the sun.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 01:46:56 PM »

Fuzzy we had “fact finding investigations” around voter fraud and they found nothing. You said you’d accept the courts as the final arbiter on whether voter fraud happened and when they ruled nothing fishy happened you just ignored it and kept saying voter fraud happened. This is no different then when you throw out accusations or talking points that get debunked and run away from the thread like nothing happened wait a couple days and post the same accusations or talking points again.

That presumes the Courts would actually hear the questions and hear witnesses.  That hasn't happened.  It should happen.  As for "debunked" allegations, the MSM lacks the credibilty to debunk anything about this past election.  They have not been objective reporters of fact; they have been activists in the tank to elect Biden at all costs.  An independent press is something we don't have now.

We've spend millions on Russiagate (which has been debunked by investigation).  We can spend money on this.  There is cause for it.  People who are actually liberal should be fine with this.

Fuzzy, serious question: Do you think judges like Stephanos Bibas, Bill Pryor, Jeremy Kernodle, and for that matter Trump's three SCOTUS appointees participated in some sort of conspiracy or snow job to cover up or refuse to assess real evidence of electoral fraud against a Republican President? If so, what motives do you think they had for doing so?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2021, 08:15:19 PM »

Is Ben Shapiro still semi-openly lusting after AOC?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies