Confirmation Hearing: GM Team (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 01:49:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: GM Team (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: GM Team  (Read 1066 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« on: August 30, 2022, 11:48:39 AM »

I'm absolutely honored to be nominated to one of the most important positions in the game, after serving in almost every office the game has to offer, I have a good knowledge of how the Game Engine drives activity. I already have a storyline planned out regarding state governments across the nation, which I believe would be very interesting for the others in the game to interact with.

I had been interested in this position for several months, but was always daunted by the amount of work it would be to do it alone. That's why I helped create the GM team, and I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is in proving that this structure is better than putting all our eggs in one basket.

I am looking forward to working with NYE and Forumlurker, or anyone else who the senate confirms should either withdraw themselves from consideration.

Looking forward to the inevitable collapse of this sorry state of affairs now that this is the pool of idiots you're reduced to! Bottom of the barrel, the lot of em!
We wouldn't have any state of affairs at all if you had your way, I don't think you're in much of a position to say anything like this.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 02:17:56 PM »

I'm also up for writing international stories, or at least helping out. I don't think we really got any news out of Eritrea after their leader was assassinated, which probably would cause the country to fall into some sort of chaos even for a short time.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 04:19:09 PM »

I’m more in favor of doing it one at a time since doing it as a group is kinda unprecedented by my knowledge.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 10:06:56 PM »

Anyway, questions for all 3 nominees:

1.) Will you commit to being active in producing stories and updates?

2.) How do you plan to collectively handle the work load?

3.) Do you believe you 3 could do scoring of bills? As we obviously will not be having a CG again anytime soon.

That is all. But thus far all 3 nominees have my support. 
1) Absolutely, within reason. I will give LOA notice should I be forced to focus on IRL instead, but I believe that I can certainly write some new stories and updates at a better rate than what we've received as of late.
2) I hope to deliberate and delegate based on who wants what, and when none of us want to work on something we instead all work together. Doing 1/3 of something you don't like to do but need to is better than having to do all of it, after all.
3) I don't see why not, since the GM Team creation act removed the office of CG (which wasn't exactly being used anyway...)

1. How active will the GM team be?

2. Will you commit to creating realistic storylines? Don’t create something similar to the Taiwan story fiasco.

3. Lastly, do you think that the GM team can work in a lasting way?
1) Of course, this depends on the activity levels of the other two members, but I can say with a degree of confidence that we could get a good bit more updates than we had in the past. Once a month at minimum I'd say, though I'd aim for an update every 2 weeks with some special updates thrown in for storylines.
2) Of course. Truth can be stranger than fiction, however, so some odd thing could happen though nothing like the about-face we saw in the now non-canon Taiwan update by Crane.
3) Absolutely. The point is to have it be less of one singular cog turning the wheels of the engine and instead being a set that are easier to replace and also aren't absolutely vital should there be a vacancy for a short period. As long as there aren't large disputes that grind the system to a halt, we should be fine.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2022, 08:54:50 PM »

ask the next PPT, whoever it may be, after they take their post to put the nominees up for a vote. I reiterate my preference for each nominee being separate, however if you wish to put us up as a team I am fine with it too.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2022, 06:38:35 PM »

Abstaining since it’s including myself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to: